Thread: I am normally my own worst critic

I am normally my own worst critic

I am normally my own worst critic, but I have recently received a couple of very nice complements that made me feel good about myself.

Last night, my wife Katherine, had dinner with an associate that has crossed paths with Katherine and I at events and places we socialize. Last night she asked Katherine about Patti, who she seen with Katherine at times, she thought Patti was a friend never realizing that Patti and Patrick are the same person. She was total amazed that I was not a genetic women. She went on to say I always look so great, my makeup is well done, and I always dress well.

Then last weekend I was at a two-day seminar on the effectiveness of local non-profits, sponsored by the LGBT resource center at a local collage. I attended the two-day event as Patti and found the information very informative. This event was also personally a very rewarding experience. During a lunch break, I was talking to one of the presenters who had met me before at the local LGBT resource center where I was on the board, etc. She looked closer at my nametag and with a smile said, “You’re the one that whites the articles (in the resource center publication), you’re famous.” For a brief moment, I had the experience of being a famous journalist.

The amazing thing is I received these complement at time when they were most needed.
    Last edited by patti.jean; 02-27-2015 at 06:47 AM.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

That is wonderful Patti! Good for you!

- Suzie

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Such great feedback! Always encouraging to hear things like that

Platinum Member
    Great acknowledgements!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Patti,
    Compliments at the right time tend to spur you on and avoid writers block.

I need a cure for writers block, it can be quite damaging.

Good to see you have a supportive wife also.

Stay famous, it can be lots of fun.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We're all pretty good at criticizing ourselves. Some get discouraged, some seek self improvement. Compliments are always welcome.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Banned Read only
    You see, in our heads we have this weird little compartment where what we actually look like and what we think we look like gets distorted, shredded, spindled, and mutilated. Sometimes the picture we receive isn't at all a true representation. It usually takes an outside source to make final adjustments and fine tune us to see the real picture.