Thread: The jealousy of a closeted dresser.

The jealousy of a closeted dresser.

So my wife's upstairs getting ready for a girls' night out and struggling with what to wear. She's probably got enough clothes to go a year without doing the laundry! She remarks that it's alright for men, as we don't have to worry about what goes with what.

If only she knew! How I envy her. Wouldn't it be great to have so many pretty clothes hanging in the closet, getting made up and spending the evening with friends complimenting eachother on their outfits.

I couldn't agree more Sarah! I too being in the closet can only have so many outfits stuffed into a suitcase and tucked away in the attic. This is becoming a dangerous "hobby" as I'm sure I'm going to throw by back out trying to lug the suitcase down the stairs when I have a few precious hours of Nicole time! Here's to wishing...
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

This is the world many of us hope/wish/desire to inhabit. This dilemma is it's something so many of us aspire to but alas it may come with a burden, that being the potential ending of our relationship with our SO. Having said that in the great scheme of things, and not wishing to denigrate the lot of GG's, I can think of more worthy, literary life and death conundrums that require our time to be spend contemplating.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I did have a closet full of cloths before I got remarried. Now she has the closet and I have to hide my things and can't go out any more.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by sarah7391 View Post
    How I envy her. Wouldn't it be great to have so many pretty clothes hanging in the closet, getting made up and spending the evening with friends complimenting eachother on their outfits.
    Thing is, what you describe is absolutely normal for a significant number of us in these pages, emphasis on spending evenings out with friends. The outfit compliments aren't something to dwell on, those typically last all of a minute or two before moving on to more interesting conversation.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    sarah7391,
    I understand exactly what you are saying. You are not pretending that your question is one of life's great mysteries. Just a fun thing to ponder in a break from the heavy stuff.

So no I do not envy my SO. Other than what a fantastic, capable, smart, beautiful, sexy, accomplished woman that she is!

But I have WAY more clothes than she does and WAY more shoes, purses, etc. But she doesn't need much to look fantastic. Even with every outfit in the world I would still be a poor imitation of her.

I have nearly 40 feet of closet rod stuffed with skirts, blouses, dresses, and suits. Almost all from GWs. And a great selection of shoes which still pales to some CDers collections. So NO I do not envy the smaller wardrobes that I guess most GGs have. And I mention my horde only as a way for others to vicariously enjoy my stash. BTW everything is in a 14X24 room all for Billie.

Isn't this FUN!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah7391 View Post

If only she knew! How I envy her. Wouldn't it be great to have so many pretty clothes hanging in the closet, getting made up and spending the evening with friends complimenting eachother on their outfits.
    Yet another reason to be out to your wife. It makes for some great kidding of each other. Still, I think the evening your wife is dressing for is quite the rarity, no? Most of the time, when the wives meet up, it's jeans and casual shirts.

I would have to sometimes agree with your wife that it is a little bit of a pain matching things properly in fem. But when you finally do get it right it is so amazing and how much selection they have and the end product is always spectacular.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    sarah7391,
    I have nearly 40 feet of closet rod stuffed with skirts, blouses, dresses, and suits. Almost all from GWs. And a great selection of shoes which still pales to some CDers collections. So NO I do not envy the smaller wardrobes that I guess most GGs have. And I mention my horde only as a way for others to vicariously enjoy my stash. BTW everything is in a 14X24 room all for Billie.

Isn't this FUN!
    Lol like your style Billie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Yet another reason to be out to your wife. It makes for some great kidding of each other. Still, I think the evening your wife is dressing for is quite the rarity, no? Most of the time, when the wives meet up, it's jeans and casual shirts.
    She always makes an effort when she goes out for an evening. She's upstairs now doing the same, but this time it's my turn as I've booked a romantic table for two at a local Italian resteraunt. She always looks beautiful and feminine when we go somewhere nice and I'll make sure I tell her just that.

A lot on this site say that they're so lucky to have understanding wives which is great. My wife doesn't know about my dressing, but I'm still lucky as she's a wonderful and beautiful. I'm still unsure about telling her about my little secret though and won't make any rash decisions on this.

I get envious like that, I'd love to be going through the whole ritual of making myself beautiful to go to the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Still, I think the evening your wife is dressing for is quite the rarity, no? Most of the time, when the wives meet up, it's jeans and casual shirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    The outfit compliments aren't something to dwell on, those typically last all of a minute or two before moving on to more interesting conversation.
    These thoughts were exactly what I first thought. But even when I dress to go out, as my wife's husband, I will try on numerous shirts, pants, boots, until I find the right fit for the mood. She teases me that I am worse than a woman sometimes. For the same reason, she refuses to buy any clothes for me because I am "So picky!" If you have friends that you could do this with, the better off for you. Take advantage of that. If not, but is something you want to do, explore it, carefully, and see if it is within your comfort zone.
    Oh, the things we could do, if we only knew, the things we knew we could do.

This has been the case for me since 1970 after the very first time dressing. When it started it was full blown and has never resided. And it doesn't stop at the closet or even with getting ready. And has moved onto envy of what other women are wearing that I don't even know but admire and want to feel their outfits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A good way to cure that problem is to go out enfemme.

It is not fun being in the closet. If this world wasn't so mean and nasty, I'm sure that alot ore of us would come out. Why is it that this world looks at gays better then cd's? It's crazy. I have been dressing for over twenty years and I don't think that I could ever be gay.
    Take care everyone,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

A coward dies a thousand deaths

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I know the feeling, Sarah. I have a close little email group and two of my girlfriends have just met up and gone out on the town. Not jealous or envious. I just long for the acceptance and freedom to have a woman's social life.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Sarah,
    I am sure one day your turn will Come.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's so very sad that the world is this way and we can't be free to just be ourselves.
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

I'm with you I only can have so much under lock and key. My wife is a real snooper and I love her to death. I would love to have some not all of her problems. But alas this is the life I have chosen so to speak.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Isn't the grass always greener???

I get out a lot for a closet dresser. When I'm with other dressers, as Sara said, we don't spend much time talking about each other's outfits or clothes, period. I often wish we did. But, for whatever reason we don't. Nor do I believe GG's spend evenings chatting about clothes!

As someone who has a semi full of ladies gear stored all over at 3 different addresses, I can tell u that having a lot of stuff can be very confusing! Remembering what I have and where it is? And, what mite look BEST with something else is a never ending mental battle for me! But, considering all of Sherry's looks, character's, and venues I visit, I NEED a lot of girlie crap!

I'm often jealous of u girls who lead uncomplicated dressing lives, have small closets and limited choices. Because that's all u really need.

Why would u even want 150 wigs!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!