Thread: wen i first started

wen i first started

i know we older ones that have ben dressing from 9-10 wen mom-girls all wear girdle an bras that are sexey an turn us on but I am a 62 yrs old I stell dress a go out under dressed all the time but it is not the same as it was as it used to be you can not by things no more like you did 20 yrs ago so why wood a younger crossdresser even wont to

I'm a younger girl and I love what the GGs in my generation wear. I'm not really interested in dressing like women did 40 years ago. It's probably just a matter of what kind of fashion you first started with.
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

Hey all. I started in the 80s. Big hair, wild legwear, short skirts, multiple shirts, wild makeup for back then...
    And the 80s Aerobics, and dancewear! I dated an aerobics instructor in 86... wow
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

I agree somewhat. I like some current fashions, yet I jump at the chance to buy old-fashioned nylon slips, and cami's. My favorite bra is definitely vintage too. No reason not to keep an open mind.

Aspiring Member
    As much as I like current GG fashions (except the massive prevalence of shorts), I still live mostly off old clothes. Looks like shaving is imminent if I'm going full GG, especially with those loose tops that expose the midriff, and infernally short shorts (which I will have to wear pantyhose with, like it or not).

Girdles are awesome though. Love the hug they give.

I dress like girls my age do and don't really like the older styles, 50's swing dresses or rockabilly is pretty nice though but I attribute it to what is common when we begin dressing. It also makes it easier to feel like a girl if you wear what they wear.

I'd wonder what the first transgendered person did in the days before clothing, having to only wear a fig leaf bra seems tragic

Banned Read only
    Lori,
    If you still like something why worry if it's out of date ! Fashion usually goes full circle anyway !
    The stars of the 40s-60s had fantastic figures because of their shaped underwear and didn't they make those full skirts look amazing ! I bet they make some of the younger members heads spin at the thought of it ! They were incredible to wear with the full petticoats !!

Sarah, Yes, but the girls got to wear 3 fig leaves, not just 1! That must have felt amazing!!

There are internet stores that sell vintage lingerie and clothes. For me dressing is about feminine expression and not the particular articles of clothing.I change my style with the times.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    The stars of the 40s-60s had fantastic figures because of their shaped underwear and didn't they make those full skirts look amazing ! I bet they make some of the younger members heads spin at the thought of it ! They were incredible to wear with the full petticoats !!
    Yes yes yesssss. 50s party dresses look great!!!!! I find many of their styles timeless actually, not exactly in fashion, but nowhere near out of it either, especially for classier formal events.

Lori,
    Younger cross dressers like all the new styles that probably do not appeal to you.
    Were you brought up with frills and pink delicate lace etc.
    These days there are different fabrics, colours are more bolder and designs seem a little plain.
    This is what girls are weaing and this is what the young cross dresser wants to wear.
    Not the frills of yester year.
    There is still a strong following for the frills of yester year, don't get me wrong.
    Some crinolines, rope slips and skirts fetch a very good price on my favourite retro strip.
    Hollywood Boulevard.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.