Thread: Am I the only one in love with myself?

Gold Member

Am I the only one in love with myself?

I do not give a crap about what it means for my stupid "gender" identity. I don't label myself. I just live full time as a woman.

So anyways as I gained confidence in living day to day as a tranny, I hear compliments almost daily about my looks or something I am wearing.
    I was checking out some outfits I bought for summer and my legs, I mean they are unreal.

But you know so I have people complimenting me, I am awesome with fashion, and not in too bad a shape. I don;t even hate my masculine body anymore.

Is this a normal part of going full time and stuff?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Just be happy with who you are..inside and out. After living as a post op tg now for years, I still have people who do not like my looks or just not like me. Just life so smile and enjoy it. You'll become more confident and content with time. Love you and most others around will do so too!!

Carry a knowing smile ! Cause we know that we are unique!

I wondered about that myself for many years when I was together with my wife before I realized that YES I was the other woman in my own marriage. It's one thing to cheat on your spouse but it's another thing entirely when the person you are cheating with turns out to be yourself! I do have to say that regardless of that I have and always will be
    faithful to my vows with her even though we aren't together anymore. I guess I'm old fashioned that way. To me, in those years that we spent together I retained enough love from her to last me a lifetime and then some.
    As for your topic about :Self-love. It's important to love yourself to some degree but if it becomes your only love then you definitely have a problem. So ya don't wanna over do it.
    As for being in shape. I'm a firm believer in staying in good physical shape. I do a lot of rollerblading. It's good for the legs.
    It's good to not hate your body. Having muscles and being toned is not unfeminine.We don't all need to look like Barbie Dolls.
    Some where in all that we get to look like ourselves. And that's a good thing!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I feel like this sometimes. haven't perfected it yet, going through laser hair removal for my face and may not be able to start HRT for a long time yet, but for someone who's still 100% biologically male, I'm actually very confident in my looks. I like looking at myself. It doesn't really affect me when someone compliments me about how I look unless it's someone I find attractive expressing likewise (happens like never but there you go), because on the inside I'm kind of like, I know. I'd much rather be complimented on my personality, or something else I'm very self conscious about. in general I don't care what people think about the way I look/dress because for me it just works, and in time it'll work even more.

Am I the only one in love with myself?

Not at all. Sometimes I look in the mirror and say 'You won, girl'.
    I went to a very chi-chi restaurant last night. As I walked in I noted that people were looking at me, not because I was trans, but because I was the best dressed in the room.

Platinum Member
    It sound as though you've reached a place where we all should aspire to be. If you feel good about yourself, everything else is easier.

I feel pretty good about myself, but I'm not all the way there yet.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Love your neighbor as yourself. You have to love yourself first before you can have a loving relationship with others, and I don't necessarily mean a romantic relationship. Loving yourself is not how you look in the mirror, its how you look inside, how you feel/ are comfortable with who you are, where you fit into the bigger world, how you contribute to a "better society". Is this what we call maturity? Maybe. Several have said pretty much the same thing.

My 2 cents!

Hugs, Bria

A bit of a dichotomy for me. I don't love my male self at all. Never really have I guess. But I love my female self deeply. I am confident, smart, capable and have something to contribute to myself, my family and society. I like to be around people, and they enjoy being around me. I do not feel that way about my male self.

So, I get it. Totally. Looking forward to being that great person, that woman, full time, and forever.

From one Erin to another... !
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I can't say thay I truly love myself yet, but I'm okay with myself. I've come a long way from detesting myself, though. I'll get there if I live long enough.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I never really liked myself much. Me or my looks but a lot of people tell me Im cute or whatever. ALl I really care about is my wife thinks im hot lol n i think shes hot

Quote Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
    but for someone who's still 100% biologically male, .
    Uhhhhhh If that is you in your avatar now OMFG you are going to be killin it!! Seriously!
    I really should have topped off my coffee before getting comfy.

Don't know if I will ever feel like that.

You have to love yourself first .Then the rest is up to you human nature can be very complex
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Several people have said, you have to love yourself before you can love others and this I tend to agree with; but, not completely. There are times when I don't love myself; but, would still do anything for the people I love.

At the moment, I live part time as a female, my first step to understanding myself. When I lived as a male, I only very rarely thought I looked great. Most of the time I was indifferent. Now that I'm living part time, I've changed completely. I love taking care of my body now, whereas before I was lazy. I look in the mirror and can see the beautiful woman slowly emerging. I can barely look at myself in a mirror as a man now, or at least, I barely recognise that person's face anymore.

My love for myself is definitely growing.

After Starting transitioning I finally can love myself for who I really am.

Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD