Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I went to work as Violet yesterday... (kinda long-ish)

Thanks for sharing violet

Loved your post! Thanks for sharing your awesome day at work. Glad your fellow co-workers gave you their support. Can't wait for the sequel!

Awesome, Violet! I think its kind of hilarious how the naked lady shows up on your big day to steal the show.

Another situations here I wish there was a " like " function here because the I would not have to proclaim how happy This made me feel. Hope all goes well with madam x or e or B as some May call her.
    I don't know why , but I am .

Wow amazing story. I'm glad you had a great day.

Violet,

Congratulations. Great story.

As for B, after a week on vacation, B will have plenty to catch up on. If B did not see what you wore, I doubt B can "discipline" anything unless someone complains. But it sounds like your co-workers were very supportive. Even if someone did complain, it sounds like you were well within your rights. I assume that your library is publicly funded. So not only do you have the library dress code policy, the city and state laws are most likely on your side also.

Hopefully Violet goes to work on a regular basis in the near future.

Platinum Member
    Wow, that was quite a set of new experiences....and to think your first day will be remembered as the day the lady walked out of the restroom naked!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Glad you could be yourself at work! Next time the witch is gone,you won't hesitate a minute !

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    WOW Violet great post ,it sound's as if you had a great day ,I can't wait for part 2 , Katie x .

Two things jump out for me. 1 - it seems risky to do something when the boss is out that you wouldn't do when the boss is in. 2 - two supervisors that don't apply company policy consistently. In the many jobs I have had, multiple bosses have always been one at a time through a chain of command. It's hard to serve two masters.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Violet, what a wonderful and heart-warming story. The gears of change are grinding slowly forward, albeit gradually...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You gained the experience and that's priceless. I am glad you have a very positive day for the most part. You always look great and very passable when you are dressed so i am sure most of them didn't have anything really bad to say other than where some guy usually sits, sat a very cute chick Make sure you let us know what happens tomorrow. There isn't a thing she can do about it at this point and it wasn't like you came to work naked
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Violet,
    Working in a library environment you get some strange people.
    I am talking about the strait laced ones that can't see reality.
    Glad your day was good and the naked chick took all the heat away from you.

What happens when "B" comes in and meets you?
    Love your work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'll join in the throng supporting your decision, admiring your patience, being amazed at your bravery and hoping for the best possible outcome.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Violet -- Wow! Good for you. Sounds like you have material for your next standup routine. "So here I am, all dolled up for the day and all anyone remembers about that day is that someone walked around the building naked."
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Congratulations, Violet!

Ana

Thanks for sharing such a fun and wonderful story. Really was awesome to hear. Tho the part about the naked person in the main library had me in stitches.

What a delightful post! It's good that the naked patron showed up. You don't want to be the talk of the office, you just want to be yourself. I'd say definitely toe the line on the dress code for women, and I second the advice about not behaving differently when the bosses are away than when they're there. You want to be seen as reliable and getting the work done, and anything that could come across as misbehavior when the boss is out undermines that.

Good luck!
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Congratulations Violet!

I am so happy that your adventure went so well. Your courage and strength inspire us all who are afraid to show who we truly are.

Kenadie

Drat! Just this past week I threw out an ancient newspaper clipping about a (male) LC staffer who routinely wore a skirt to work.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thanks for sharing this amazing story! Its great to hear a positive story in such a world as ours.

Not too long and well done..a good read .....and good for you Violet, hope you get to work more as Violet ..............Debra

Congratulations Violet! Awesome story and really positive! Lets hope you get many more days like that xx
    Clara

The suspense is killing me Violet!! How did Monday go?? Do tell!

Suzie

What an awesome day and story, Thanks for sharing it with Violet.
    You are an inspiration.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"