Thread: A Couple of Firsts on Local Election Day!

A Couple of Firsts on Local Election Day!

Today is local Election Day in Los Angeles. It was the first time I legally voted as Barbara!

I'd gone to the polls en femme one previous time, but my registered name was still male. Today I proudly signed in as myself! And you want to talk about power -- as of when I went in, around 2 p.m., the poll worker said that the four of us who had just arrived had doubled the vote so far. So I was responsible, up to that time, for 12.5% of the total precinct vote! Girl Power!

Later in the day I had my annual physical and my female doctor casually checked my breasts.

Guess I'm just one more woman out and about.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

dear Barbara, that is so great, I am very happy for you, your stories always make me smile. that's a nice way to start my day. love, hugs lynda

Must have been very elating signing" your" name on an important piece of our society. Glad your exercising your right to vote, so many don't. Best wishes as always.

Barbara,
    I like that, local elections do bring out the crowds.

I made up ten percent once, just so much interest in local elections.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.