Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you want to feel "girlie?"

Thanks for hangin with us Greenie. Your insight is helpful.
    I cannot explain it. I just open my storage and add a few items--and if the excitement isn't there, put on a few more, (cute wig perhaps or high heels). And if I still look and (worse) feel like an old man in a dress--add lots of makeup. I want to look like a woman that would be attractive to me. Short hair, heels, nice legs.

I should point out--I am also a bit of a fetish crossdresser. I look in the mirror and pretend that a domineering, yet caring and beautiful girlfriend is forcing me to dress and taking me as a guest to an out of town wedding in drag.

for me girlie is not a bad word as i try to emulate a younger version of myself as female, where as when you (greenie) and other GGs wake up as GG and want/need to feel more i would describe it as feminine/and more feminine....to me we can never feel this as were male and you as genuine females and would by association feel feminine all the time....(does this make sense?)
    for me just actually getting dressed makes me feel "girlie" for lack of a better term, but it is usually that i feel more myself....delving deeper into it to achieve more and make it more "fun" i think is a good word for me....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

If time doesn't permit I'll just slip on a pair of my favorite panties just like I did before I logged on here.

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    it doesn't really matter how dressed i am; until i put on my lipstick things are just not complete. even if i am in drab, if i put on a nice shade of lipstick, then i am instantly girly.

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    For me, it is putting on my bra! The first 15 minutes afterwards is just bliss, as I am super aware of the bra supporting my breasts and wrapping around uder my arms and across my back. It's about as girly / content & complete as it needs to be for me.

ina G.
    Last edited by Ina Girdle; 03-08-2015 at 12:59 PM.

I try to fill my senses - do my nails so I see the color (maybe some rings/bracelets), perfume to smell, earrings to feel the dangle or to tinkle, longer hair to get in eyes or touch neck/back, silky hose to feel on legs, and then walk ladylike in high heels to feel the difference in body motion.
    Ellen

Some have mentioned that they don't particularly like the term "girlie." I'm not suing it in the sense of a "girlie magazine" or one to exemplify being negative like a wimp or sissy but rather as a term depicting a younger style and ultra femininity. Maybe I didn't properly portray that in my original post. Having said that, it seems to me that lots of lace, ruffles, ribbons & bows and perhaps a shorter hemline are "girlie" in that sense. Perhaps another way to think of it is simply cute... Most of the babydoll PJ drawings that I use for my avatars fit into my idea of cute... and girlie.

There are certain things that are pretty and others that are cute. They are not always the same but certainly feminine when thought upon.

I have enjoyed your sharing your thoughts as it helps me realize that there are some times that "it" just isn't there for some of us.

Lacy PJs

Lacy PJs, I agree with your definition of girlie, and add that for me it's the feeling I get when I want to dress and the feeling when I am dressed. And I agree with you about pretty and cute. Not the same, but I love the ones that can be both at the same time.
    To answer your question, I dress in the most over-the-top way.

Banned Read only
    Lacy,
    Dressing is usually enough but for the real girlie feeling I like to wear my denim mini skirt, a neat Tshirt and my 4" peep toe shoes and find a hidden spot in the garden relax in a recliner and feel the warm sun on my bare shaved legs ! Self indulgent heaven, but risky because I often fall asleep !!

I use to buy babydoll sets for an ex GF we enjoyed sharing those !
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-06-2015 at 04:38 PM.

I feel happiest in thigh highs, suspenders, satin panty and matching bra, skirt and a nice top. When I am home alone I twirl and twirl, it just makes me feel happiest and the most fem i can currently think of.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I have strong emotional ties to both of my gendered selves. For me that results in a need to go through a ritual to switch genders. I can't just "turn on a dime". Tina arrives from the ground-up, as it were, or maybe from the inside out. Once the body is prepped, then the whole ritual of clothes and makeup and shoes (and a glass of wine) and nails (!) over the better part of an hour and the male part of me is subsumed under all that is Tina. And Tina IS girlie

Wearing my 1st and only dress to date. I really need to build my wardrobe.

Doing my nails when i know i can keep them painted for awhile
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

If the dressing doesn't do it then it's lipstick and wine (or other beverage) from crystal. Leaving a lipstick stain on the glass and feeling the thin crystal in my fingers with my painted nails does it. Also, how I'm sitting (legs crossed) and /or walking in heels. But I can feel feminine in male mode too: when my wife and I go to a tea shop and have lunch, it's all about the decor and daintiness of everything and I can get into feeling like a woman in a women's space even while presenting as a man.

The icing on the cake for me is standing in front of the mirror after get all done up and brushing my hair (wig). If I am just sitting around relaxing I find myself twirling my hair with my fingers. I will get completely lost in the emotion and complete peace I feel when I am playing with my hair.

I want to echo Jennifer and thank Greenie for hanging out with us. Her post gave me a chuckle.
    I was trying to think of what I do to feel "girlie" or if I do do anything... I guess just putting on a skirt helps. Or I might sort of "up the ante" depending on how much time and energy I have. If I'm not up to full on wig, makeup, etc., I might just wear a skirt, or I might wear bra, top and skirt or dress, or add some perfume, or maybe some dangly earrings and/or necklace. But then I will usually just go about my usual household chores and hobbies without thinking much about the clothes once I've donned them. So I wouldn't necessarily say I'm feeling "girlie" when I do that.

I sit down with The Wife and talk about presentation and 'hot or not?' stuff We b!tch over 'Project Runway' and 'RPDR'.

I get to listen to her complain that I wear things she can't. That my nails are prettier than hers.

I 'feel girlie' often. Other times I'm a dirty, sweaty ball of testosterone (after moving heavy sh!t, coming back from a 50 mile bike ride or spending a few hours doing Kung-Fu)

I still wear frilly panties to bed. I still wear skirts around the house. I have slinkier shoes than she does.

It is *all* head-space, honey. It is how you perceive *YOU*.

You are as butch or as femme as you feel... right then, right now.

Sometimes I /swish so hard I knock things off of shelves. Other times I'm a beast and *hold*them*down* so they don't fall }:>

Be *you*. It is *all* about self-perception, all about identity and head-space. You need to know and understand who YOU are, and roll with that.

None of that is *wrong*.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I feel pretty 'girly' most of the time. It really kicks into overdrive though when I look through fashion/clothing magazines or when I look at dresses online.

Jessie~☆

I'm a little vague on the hole "Feeling Girlie" thing? I don't know what that means. Even after all these years! I feel like me. If that's what feeling girlie means then I guess I feel it. If not? I'm not gonna worry about it. Works for me.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Whenever I get my opportunities and I am going to be using that day for girly time, I don't wish there was more, other than getting to a CD/TV club I don't feel that I have anything left to do now, to feel how I need to.
    I'm in a constant state of fine tuning my presentation.
    Sometimes I get my makeup a bit wrong (Isn't what I set out to do), sometimes I make a mess of glueing on my nails or lashes, sometimes trying a new makeup technique that goes horribly wrong.
    I am now at a point where I am happy with just doing half a good job with my face, or going whole hog.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Whole hog consisting of;
    Hot bath (with bubbles), cleanse, shave, wash hair and comb back, brush teeth, contact lenses in,
    tape the chap back (if skirt or dress is close or tight fit), womens anti persperant and body moisturiser (especially where I've shaved),
    pluck any stray eyebrow hairs, Glue my eyebrows, full face of makeup with false lashes,
    all clothing (taping a cleavage up when required), wig, any jewellery (costume - I don't bother with the pricey stuff), heels, any belts or extras, glue on my pre-painted nails
    (see here http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ils&highlight=)
    Always finish with perfume and a final touch up in the mirror.]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As I said, going out is a goal, but that's why I spend so much time attempting to reach out to other CDs and those like me, to feel like I'm not alone in this.
    When I am dressed and fully prepared, I'll mill about the house, go online, take pics sometimes- if I am pleased with the final appearance.
    I'll watch TV, go on a chat site for a bit, and any house work that's needed but not the dishes (not with these nice smelling hands and beautiful nails ).
    Sometimes it does feel a bit cagey and secretive, but I just wanna get out to a friendly (CD/TV/TS friendly) place and have a laugh and a drink with others like me.
    Samantha -x-

When ever I want to feel more "girlie" I just put on more lace. Lacy slip, lace trimmed panties, skirt with cute lace trim, blouse with lace ruffles. Lace just gives me an extra boost. I do not go that route to often, just when I feel I need it. Otherwise I feel great with female casual skirts and blouses.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

It varies with my mood. Sometimes plain white nylon panties are enough. Other times I need the full experience of forms, wig, etc.

I'm underdressed almost 24/7, so that helps a lot. But when I need that "little extra girl power" I'll put on a little light makeup (which I seem to be doing quite a bit these days.)

Megan

I'm finding myself wearing my shapeware panties and tucking more and more, not something that anyone will notice but it gives me that constant reminder that I enjoy the girl in me.

Girlie

When I feel girlie I dress in short cutoffs and short shirt with sexy boots