Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First lipstick?

First lipstick?

For me, the first time I put on lipstick sealed the deal. I'll forever remember my excitement as I pressed lipstick to my lips back in those crazy first months of my teen self becoming femme for the first time, wearing my mother's and sister's things at every private opportunity.

It was Avon's Periwinkle Pink, though really a coral red.

Wondering if any here remember their first lipstick as fondly. And if so, what was it?
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

I do. as a closeted dresser I didn't start til my late twenties, but being married I took baby steps as far as CD'ing goes. Didn't get all dressed until my forties, while in the privacy of my basement. But that first time with lipstick, oh what a thrill! And although many won't appreciate this as most here are probably non smokers, but seeing that bright red lipstick on the white filter of my VS 120's made me feel sexy

I do not remember the name of it, but the feeling I will never forget. I have a coffee cup that says "Hers" and a set of red lips prints as a decoration. I love waking up, glossing up, and drinking my morning coffee just to leave the tell tale sign of my lip print on the rim.

I remember sneaking into the back bathroom of the house away from everyone else with a tube of red lipstick probably 11 years old. I don't remember the brand, only that it was a medium red. Oh lord, it was heaven and to this day is the only piece of makeup I feel comfortable putting on without fears.

I remember the first lipstick I tried...

It was indelible, I was ten and I was in the s*it!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Its kind of funny but I put on lipstick the first time only a few years ago, when I was younger I always thought there was a special way to remove it and if I put it on it won't come off easily. After seeing my wife just wash it off I asked her to buy me some. She bought me a light pick which was fine and what an amazing feeling, the other was a bright red and when I put that one on WOW! I was hooked. It was also from Avon and now I own about ten different colours and I have one that looks like the colour of my lips and I will wear it in male mode, you can't tell I am wearing lipstick, it only makes my lips a little shinny, but I love the feel of my lips wearing it.

I recall it was my mother's and it was a deep red I can still recall how wonderful it felt the feel on my lips the smell. To this day with out a doubt it still my favorite makeup item. Again this won't be political correct but I to love the look oh lipstick on my VS cigarette.

I've gotta agree with Babbs!!! lipstick just seals the deal!!! when I get all girled-up, then finish off with my lipstick.... I soo enjoy a girlie smoke!!! feeling the filter melt into my lips, then drawing it away, seeing my mark on it.... I feel like a bad girl!!!! soo sensual.... I just LUV it!!!
    "Life is Always a Bed of Roses........ Sometimes it's All Flowers, and Other Times, It's All Thorns!!!!"

Luv, Jessica XOXO

I was 15, my sister's make up, a subdued dark pink color. Also had tried the blue eye shadow that was in style back then. Of course I messed everything up. But it was fun to try to put it on.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When I was 4 or 5 or so I remember my mom putting her lipstick on me, I'm guessing she was doing her own and I was probably hanging around annoying her and asked to have a turn. At the time I only thought of it as a bit of fun

One of my childhood female friends put lipstick on me too, I remember that time that I wanted to wear it, so while I thought nothing of gender or crossdressing at the time I know I wanted to wear lipstick.

OMG! Revlon's Cherries in the Snow. It was on my mother's vanity, a heavy gold tube of erotica. I don't know what made me open it, but just the sight of that red spear twisting open, and its scent helped push me into CDing...It comes in a plastic case now, but they still make the shade...and I still wear it.

I agree with you 100%. My first was a school play. I love it so much and didn't want to wash it off again. That sealed the deal for me. To this day. When I apply my lipstick I get all mushy inside.

Adrienner99, Cherries in the Snow was around when I started dabbling in crossdressing. I wondered just how long, so I googled it. It was introduced in 1953 (62 years ago!) as part of a campaign along with Fire and Ice (1952) to get women to match lips and nails color. One article referred to Cherries as a cult classic, and I tend to agree. I still believe it's "right" to match lips and nails, for me, not to say it's wrong to not match for others. It's a great color, a real classic, and I feel the same way about Certainly Red, also around for many decades. One of my all time favorites was Loreal's True Cherry, now discontinued. I guess it couldn't pass the test of time like those Revlon classics.
    I also discovered in the google search hits that Cherries in the Snow is also the name of a layered cake, cream cheese, and cherries dessert with many different variations. I didn't know.

Banned Read only
    Robyn,
    Just before I married I had a fling with a married lady, these things happen ! She smoked and knew I wasn't keen so she found different flavoured lipsticks and the one that stands out was the strawberry coloured and flavoured one !
    It's funny when I have a strawberry yoghurt even now that little memory comes back and I'm saying no more !!

While I can't remember the brand, the color was a coral red that my mom wore. It was heaven. But the first time I left lipstick on a glass was the ultimate.

Aspiring Member
    It was one of my sister's lip stick don't remember the name, felt like heaven when I wore it. Now I use lip gloss but have been thinking of going back to lip stick.

I remember using my moms in my younger years and have just recently been experimenting with makeup and love putting bright red lipstick on as the final touch.

What I can't figure out is why I've always hated the taste of lipstick when tasting it off of someone else's lips, yet, I enjoy it now, wearing it as well as putting it on?

Nicole---love that you googled the history of cherries in the snow. I remember fire and ice ads in the womens magazines i used to read out of sight of my mother. I adored looking at lipstick ads in McCalls, Ladies Home Journal, and others. Still do in vogue andinstyle now. Lipstick and three inch heels were the jumpstart to my dressing as as a youngster.

I don't remember putting on my first lipstick. But what I do remember is applying red lipstick for the first time. Oh Wow. It was like all of sudden Samantha came alive and it made as much of a difference in female presentation as putting on a wig. Its a plus having the joy of spreading my feminine emblem to other items such as cigarettes, glasses, and my favorite, straws. My favorite lipstick is Russian Red by Mac.
    When in drab, I wear Chapstick in the cherry flavor and have no fear applying it anywhere in front of anyone. Yet, it gives my lips just a hint of pink and even leaves a mark on my white plastic water cup at work. I look at the mark and smile. No one has ever mentioned it. Applying the chapstick very publicly removes any doubt that I'm not wearing real lipstick. After all, it's just chapstick, right?
    Who do I feel like today?

When I was six, shortly after my little sister was born, my parents converted the basement laundry room in our family's two bedroom home into a third bedroom, for me, moving the laundry stuff to one end of the basement party room, so I could have a bedroom of my own. I loved it, because I had more privacy and I had a 3/4 bath (sink, toilet and shower) right outside my new bedroom, that I didn't have to share with anyone else.

As I recall, when I was something like ten to twelve years old, I took one of my mother's bright red lipsticks down to my 'private bathroom', and tried putting some on. I also drew circles on my bare chest with it, kind of like where boobs ought to be, and darkened my nipples with it! Washed it all off before anyone could catch me, and quietly put the lipstick back the next day, without getting caught. I don't remember playing with her makeup very much at all, but I do remember that incident.

Banned Read only
    My first time was about 14 months ago. I started using Mary Kay Cosmetics and the first color I bought was one that fit in one of their compacts. I still have it and wore it a few weeks ago.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I remember when I was young like between 7- 10 ish ..My grandmother had these great tiny sample lipsticks, in her bathroom, which was huge and had a great makeup counter with all these drawers, one of these drawers had all these small sample sized lipsticks I think were from avon all different colors..I would lock myself in the bathroom and try on the lipsticks.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Mine was a bright red that I picked up in the Halloween aisle at the market one year, along with my first wig and fishnet stockings....put it all on together and looked a fright, but to this day I love the feel of putting color to my lips..
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I still believe it's "right" to match lips and nails, for me, not to say it's wrong to not match for others.
    I fully agree, Nicole! Matching lips and nails is the only way to go. But please, some sort of red, coral, or pink...
    Maddening to see blue or black nails these days, so unfeminine!!!
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!