Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to cd and looking for some advice

New to cd and looking for some advice

So, I'm looking to experiment in private and explore my feminine side. I'm just not sure where to start. I'm basically looking for some ideas as far as articles of clothing to begin with. What are some of the essentials I should start with? I guess that this is more of a sexual thing for me if that matters. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips!

What one thing compels (excites) you the most? Start with that. For me, lipstick and high heels (OK, that's two).

I can't speak for others, but i started with underwear, then nightshirts, then tops and onward. My wife is tolerant of the first two, the rest, not around her.
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

Gone to live my life
    Hi Aurora,

Nicole's advice is good advice. Think about what excites you the most and begin there.

Hugs

Isha

I'm curious Aurora....

Why on earth are you doing this, if you have no idea what is driving you to do so...? OK - I know we don't really know either, but most of us knew when something felt right, whether it was a pair of nylons, high heels or a fur hat! If you don't know where to start - what makes you think this is for you in the first place?

Just asking - as your answers might help us give a little more measured advice...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Yep. Buy what turns you on. It's a thrill just to make the purchase. For me it was panties and nightgowns, then on and on.

I agree, go for what excites you. Panties, bra, hose, lipstick? For me it was panties first, then lipstick. Will always have to have my lipstick and lip glosses. To me, they top everything off, complete me when I am dressed . Make me feel so pretty.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

I'm gonna sit here, right next to Katey, and ask the same question .. why on earth do you want to do this?
    Until you tell us, we will not help you!! (no, just kidding )

For most everybody else I have ever talked to, the question was: "Why am I doing this?" not "How do I get into it?"
    Most of us feel compelled to dress and behave like girls/women now and then and it usually starts with trying some female garment or shoes on out of curiosity. Then with that item on, it is like being struck by lightening! A feeling of .. Dear Lord!!! What is happening to me!! Some strange unexplainable feeling of .. something! For some it is sexual excitement, for others it is a thrill of unexplainable character and for some, especially when starting later in life, it is a feeling of fulfillment, and for some it is something else. But for everybody it is this feeling of YES YES YES!!!! I was MISSING THIS!!!! What the HECK is it??

And then, you are stuck! Cant stop doing it and eventually, you end up in a chat forum like this trying to find out why

Do tell, what makes you think you want to dress like a girl?

Hugs
    Suzie

Go from the inside ouy girl.Underwear try the bra I got At wal-mart.It's the SMART & SEXY unlined underwire lace #85045 I really think you will love it And they have maching panties. the bras go great with my #6 breast forms.Then go with some nice skirts and dress blouses.and go from there Aurora.
    Angie

P.S. dont forget the hoses And heels hun.

How to get started is a question many/most of us never had to ask.
    If you think starting is hard, just wait until you try to stop.

I appreciate the responses. They were all thoughtful and it's great to have a place to go and talk about how I'm feeling without anyone passing judgement on me.

To answer the million dollar question as to why, well, I guess that I've always felt that there was a feminine side of me that I never really took the time to acknowledge or explore. It's all a little weird to me if I'm being honest. Up until this point in my life, I would classify myself as a straight, alpha male type of guy. Actually, I still very much feel that way. But in the last year or two, I've slowly begun to realize that there's a very feminine side to me and that I want to explore it. It's exciting, scary, and turns me on all at the same time. Just writing about it is turning my stomach inside out with that weird butterfly feeling you get from nervous excitement.

Aurora,
    How old are you, and where are you on the road of life?
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Stouf View Post
    Aurora,
    How old are you, and where are you on the road of life?
    36, single never married, student working on a second degree

AuroraLeigh:

I agree with all the responses and we all come to this a little differently. Western society makes it so hard to express our feminine side that, for me anyway, CD was always sexual at first. The rush of pleasure from wearing panties or bra or whatever, was so intense! That intensity was heightened by the forbidden nature of it and the fear of being discovered. All very powerful, erotic stuff!

Decades later, and now with the support of my wife, that forbidden, hyper-sexual part has eased into just feeling whole. When I come home from work now and change into a skirt or dress and heels I feel so relaxed and complete.

Start small. Get some panties (I love the feel of a thong), stockings, bra... only you know what will do it for you best.

Welcome, and enjoy the ride!
    Gypsy

OK, so go get a catalog from a company that sells women's clothing and accessories. Look through it until you see something you like. Then go get it and try it on and see how it makes you feel. Catalogs normally have sizing charts in them to help you get the right size. Measure yourself, then take a shot at it. Buying something with elastic in it, especially the waistband, will increase your chance of it fitting, at lease well enough for you to see if you like it, or not.

If you decide that this is something you want to do, you will get better at it as time goes on. For me, it was WAY before the internet, so it was quite a learning curve. But you have this wonderful forum.

So experiment, and have fun.

Hugs,

Anna
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

Well there is the information we were looking for. Hello Aurora,
    Ya about Alpha males...I'm kind of old, but I can still howl louder and growl meaner and have done things in my life that would make your average top dog quiver in their panties...and I am pretty sure I am not alone in this forum. you know though, I also love wearing a dress and heels...especially if they are a really cute pair of heels. oh yes I'm straight, not all of us here are, but dressing up and expressing your feminine side doesn't change your sexuality. It's not a choice.
    If it's a sexual thing for you, great. For me it is emotional, I don't get turned on, I get tune in. Everyone has their reason you just need to figure out yours. There is no right or wrong way there is only what is right for you.
    You will find that we don't judge here, so ask questions, read the posts and figure out what you like and since it's sexual, what turns you on.
    The only thing I'm going to reiterate is that dressing like a girl doesn't make you less of a man. If anything it makes you a better man.
    Okay young fellow that's my 2 cents from my drab side, my girly side now wants to go off and play, so talk to you later.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Thank you all for the replies and advice. I've made up my mind to start with a pair or two of panties and go from there. I'm thinking about getting a pair for lounging around my apartment and another to wear when I'm feeling a bit adventurous (in public under my jeans). I'm pretty excited! Any tips on buying. I'm definitely a plus sized guy. I'm looking at Amazon right now and I'm not really sure what to look for.

Women sizes are a mystery, I can not tell you how much it drives me crazy. For panties though Google cloths sizes for women and look at the measurements. it should get you close. Go to Walmart and tell yourself you are buying panties for your girlfriend. The sales people and other customers don't really care, but if you tell yourself it's for someone else, it will make you feel better. Find some cheep ones you like in the size you think will work and go from there. Start cheep at first until you figure it out and like I said unless you are trying them on in the aisles no one will really care why you are looking at or buying them.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I'm curious Aurora....

Why on earth are you doing this, if you have no idea what is driving you to do so...?
    ... because the idea of putting on feminine things is exciting?

Aurora, I'm with the others, whatever you find appealing when you look at women's catalogs. It doesn't have to be lingerie and heels, it can be nice costumes ... AND lingerie and heels.

You can find regular GG clothing anywhere online, but if you want ideas for alternative looks especially if you plan on keeping this private, go to this catalog and let your imagination soar! It's mostly a wiccan catalog, but there's a bit of everything:
    http://www.pyramidcollection.com/Sho...spx?ID=51,1818
    Reine

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    You say it's sexual for you? If that's the case then I would say, like others, you start with what turns you on. It's sexual for me too. I love pantyhose and that's where I started. Then I moved to heels and lingerie. More times than not when Rebecca comes out to play, she never gets past a pair of pantyhose/stockings, a bra or corset, and a nice tall pair of high heels. Go with what you like in a woman. If that doesn't turn you on, CDing probably isn't for you. Just my thoughts.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Actually, it may be more of an “identity” thing than “sexual”.
    But that’s nitpicking.
    For a bra, go to a professional fitter, a mastectomy bra fitter. Call, state your case, say that you would like to dress as a woman but need help. They will either say “Yes” or “No”.
    Same with a wig.
    Get plenty of catalogs.
    Visit the thrift stores.
    Get "Makeovers" at cosmetic counters.
    You can throw away a lot of money and, more importantly, time by not following the above suggestions.
    Get a real female to help who’ll be able to tell you the truth about how you look. Take photos.
    Be SAFE and HAVE FUN!

Whatever you like, lingerie and nightwear did it for me.
    I still love my baby doll PJ's in the summertime.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reading between the lines. I guess you have already tried something on! If I were you, I would buy a nice expensive pair of stockings and suspender belt along with some nice comfy panties and wear them for a day. If you get on OK, then shave ze legs and try a skirt. Once you get a feel for it, You will be hooked and won't be able to stop buying new clothes! Then and only then will you realise why there are so many of us here.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    How to get started is a question many/most of us never had to ask.
    If you think starting is hard, just wait until you try to stop.
    Hi Aurora, and welcome to the Forum.

Keeping the pocketbook in mind, and before you spend too much money on-line for things that don't fit, it's easy to get started with thrift stores and a visit to a "Dollar" store, at least if you live in the USA.

At a "Dollar" store, you can grab a few pairs of undies that you think might fit. At the thrift store, you can grab several different items off the racks that you think might be close to a fit....Trust me, no one will care that you're a guy! For about $30, you'll save a fortune by finding out your size without a lot of expensive trial and error. Thrift stores are also great for jammies and robes and such. Just walk in, grab a few things, pay for them and walk out.

Not only will you learn a lot about what size to buy, but you'll also get a thrill out of actually being brave enough to buy something in person.

Good luck to ya!

Jaye
    Last edited by JayeLefaye; 03-11-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

I enjoyed experimenting with pantyhose,with a dress&heels,out of Mothers closet,after she left for work in the morning!
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle