Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Went Out - Finally!

Talking I Went Out - Finally!

And have posted about it ... Finally.

I have been planning to go out dressed since before Christmas but with bad weather and everything I only got around to it 2 weeks ago.

I found a pub in town which I thought would be friendly and went in after work one day in guy mode to check it out and make sure I would be able to go there as Mia. The barman said iy would be fine and they get everyone in including a T girl group who come in once a month so I started planning for the night.

I don't drive so planned to go into town by train. There's a station in the next street to me and it's only a couple of stops into town. I picked up my ticket during the day so I wouldn't have any problems on the night.

I got my outfit ready which you can see in the image below moved everything I needed into my bag and and headed out (with a coat on of course. This is Glasgow after all )

20141221_162204.jpg

I was really nervous heading out but was a lot better after I got out into the fresh air. I passed two people as I was heading out of the car park but they were too busy talking so didn't give me a second look. I got to the train station and navigated the steps without any problems and the train arrived in a couple of minutes so I didn't have long to wait.

The walk down to the pub was fine. I had planned my route so I would go past restaurants rather than pubs on the way as I thought this would be safer. I passed by plenty of people who either didn't read me or if they did they never said anything. In the pub I headed straight up to the bar for a nerve calming drink. The barman recognised me and was really welcoming which helped put me at my ease.

There weren't any other CDs in when I arrived so I had to sit myself for a while but it wasn't too long before a girl came across with her boyfriend and asked to share the booth I was sitting in. As we got chatting and she explained she was Transgender. She was really positive which helped. As we were chatting more people came over to speak to her and introduced themselves to me as well so I got to meet a few new people. Although I didn't want to stay late on my first outing I was there a bit later than I had planned so made my excuses and headed home.

Again that went without incident and it felt amazing being out dressed. It was a clear cold night so I could feel the breeze on my legs and walking on the pavement with heels was a totally new experience. Everything looked really clear and sharp and I was still on the lookout for any source of trouble but still took time to enjoy the experience. Then when I nade it back into the house I realised I hadn't got any photos. NOOOOO! Ah well. I'll just have to go back.

It was a brilliant experience and really gave me some confidence. I even managed a daytime outing to a lingerie shop in town where they know me and were fine with me coming in dressed ( I think they get a lot of CDs in). She had asked about that dress so I wore it in to let her get a better look (I do have more than one dress I promise). She was really pleased to see me and we had a good chat before i headed home.

I'm planning another outing in a couple of weeks when everything settles down with work and I can enjoy it but so far it has been a brilliant poaitive experience and I wish I had done it years ago.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That sounds like a real amazing outing, especially going there solo.
    LOVE the LBD!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Gold Member
    You do look very nice; I am glad you enjoyed your self.
    Rader

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    You went a long way for your first trip. That is one of the tombs in the Valley of the Kings in the background?

Sounds like you had a great time and for a first trip out too, extremely adventurous and brave. Sincere kudos from me to you.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Aspiring Member
    Great story, thanks for sharing it.
    And that dress is just too cute!
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Platinum Member
    That sounds like an all around wonderful experience. I hope you can include going out, night or day, as a regular part of your life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a wonderful time! You look great

Hi Mia,

Thank you for sharing the story, sounds like a perfect first outing and a path for many future good times.

You look absolutely lovely in both the attached picture and in your avatar! And if you look good, you will do good!

Hugs
    Suzie

Awesome, Mia! You do look very good. And sounds like a wonderful time!

You look adorable, glad you had a nice time.
    I tend to be a day time girl, or avoid drinking holes after dark if I'm out late.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

WOW

Great, glad you had such a good time.

You look great.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much fr your kind words and support It was a fantastic experience and definitely Mia's Big Adventure. It was an evening outing so I was trying to be safety conscious the whole time and had put some planning into my route to avoid the kind drinking holes and trouble spots Rachel mentions. I would rather have gone with others but with availability etc. it wasn't happening so had to go solo for this. I will certainly be going out again and one of my friends who has been going to gay pubs and clubs for years has offered to introduce me to some of the Crossdressers he knows and who are involved with groups here in Glasgow so building bridges there too.

For everyone who asked the dressk is from littleblackdress.co.uk and is called Marilyn. This link takes you to Julia Lundin's blog where she has some amazing photos of it. http://julialundin.com/little-black-dress

Reb - well spotted but sadly that isn't really an ancient Egyptian Tomb in the background. I just have a bit of an Egyptian theme in my living room. Just Glasgow in the winter time.

What a wonderful night you had! Sounds fabulous, and you looked great!
    Last edited by Ceera; 03-10-2015 at 08:09 AM.

fab story, thank you, and well done Mia, Glasgow did not used to be the safest of cities for going out alone!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Wonderful Mia and you look great. Glad it was a great time.

Well done you Mia. Gotta say you look good. I would not have guessed if i saw you. I must admit, i have never had the desire to go out as i am comfortable just pottering around the home while dressed. but i have a holiday planned in Hampshire with my wife in August to celebrate our anniversary and she has suggested that maybe Colleen should come with us. Now i am starting to wonder if i might try a walk one evening as a couple of old girlfriends out in the country.

Good luck with future outings.

Colleen

Gone to live my life
    Hi Mia . . . YAY! Congrats on such a wonderful great first outing and thanks for sharing. Well you certainly planned it very well taking all safety into account . . . well done. I think you have learned what many who go out in the Vanilla world learn . . . people either don't care or they don't notice (too busy with their own lives). It sounds like you made some new friends and now have a place to go as Mia. Perhaps this will open the door to other possibilities in the future.

Hugs

Isha

Awesome! Sounds like an excellent time and you were totally brave!! (And wise, too -- doing your scouting in advance.) I love adventures like this.

Nice one Mia!

You look great fashion wise - although I'd understand the need for a good warm coat at this time of year...

And planning is great if you can do it - I find it makes everything so much less stressful on the day itself but don't beat yourself up about the photos, that caught me out too so just put it down to being a slightly over-excitable girl that get's more wrapped up in the moment and the feeling, and those memories will be more vivid than any smartphone selfie, I promise you!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thanks Everyone for your support and positive thoughts. It was certainly an adventure and really helped that everything went so well both times. As Katy said having a plan really helps. It means on the night (or day) all the hard work is done and all you have to do is follow the plan. It really helped with the worry factor for me.

Pamela - I hope you would find Glasgow a lot friendlier these days. I have had a lot of support and positive reactions when shopping in male mode for Mia and when I was out. Come and visit. You might like it

Colleen - I'm the same as you. m I have dressed at home for years and never gave much thought to going out. A couple of friends suggested it and that planted a seed. I have had to learn about wigs and makeup in preparation and am really enjoying both although I have a way to go yet. It's a fantastic feeling but only you can decide if it's for you.

Katy - This was my coat on the night. Definitely a must for Glasgow in February. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...I-got!!/page57 Second from the bottom.

Thank you everyone,

Mia x

You said it...
    Glasgow after all.
    Dressed in Edinburgh but in Glasgow even androgonously I did get a couple of looks.

Glad you found good company in the pub.
    It can be so different if you go in friendless and leave the same way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Beverly,

Being sat there myself all night was a real concern. One of the reasons I went in to the pub in guy mode before going as Mia was to see, apart from being CD friendly, if it would be a friendly place to go on my own. I went straight form work so it was really quiet but the barman was chatty straight off. Another guy cam in who knew him and they started conversation which the new guy just included me in without a second thought so that was a good indication right there.

I'm only 5' 4" so probably wouldn't stand out as Mia when I'm out and about but never noticed any strange looks. Maybe I just got lucky

Amazing story Mia, so pleased you had such fun and stayed safe. nice dress too and I wish I was only 5ft 4, Can't wait for your next adventure!!

Michelle

Great story. You look lovely.

Thank you Adelaide. I'm still working on how I look but enjoying the learning.

Being small has it's advantages no doubt but if you look on littleblackdress.co.uk the model wearing that dress is 5'9" and she looks great in it so nothing wrong with being taller.