Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it strange that....

Is it strange that....

I've been thinking about my cycles of cd obsession to absence of cd'ing. I noticed a few things and then I thought I would ask..... "Is it strange that..." and then I realized that the only place I could ask these questions was here. Asking that question outside of here is just.... well strange.

So, is it strange that I go through cycles of dressing and not dressing (cycles last only 1-2 months, this isn't a years thing.)?

Is it strange that I usually hate pictures, but when I dress, i love taking selfies?

Is it strange that I get up in the morning and put on a slip, sit on the sink and shave my ugly mug?

Is it strange that I can look at myself while dressed, but not while in drab? (yeah, I have a minor self esteem issue.)

Is it strange that I don't try at all to present? I'm perfectly happy wearing a cami, short shorts while sporting a full beard and chest hair.

Is it strange that I like my breasts? (due to side effects of prescription drugs, I've grown from a 36aaa to a small 36B)

Is it strange that sometimes I go for weeks without taking my anti-estrogen meds because I like my nipples growing (I realize this will leave permanent changes)

Is it strange that I shave my chest during these periods, want to shave legs and want to do my toenails?

Is it strange that these feelings come and go like a switch? I go from thinking I should see a counselor about this, to dirty nails, shaggy hair and lack of desire?

Is it strange that I am even asking these questions? I don't expect an answer - the therapy for me was being able to say what I feel outloud in public without retribution. Administrator could delete this thread if so desired.

Next time I'll ask, Is it all in my mind that.....

Im also going thru this its an emotional roller coster and have yet to discover if it normal and weather its gonna be like this for the rest of my life but what i am trying is giving it the attention when it is here and when its gone its gone its baby steps only time will tell and if you like me that like the answer right away ugh it suck but keep ur chin up when ever you need someone to talk to to help with it message me

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lena, that doesn't sound strange to me. But, that's not important. It's if u think it's strange that's important.

I think what I do is strange!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Docrobbysherry, That is my issue. I don't think it's strange but I think I should think it's strange. It's been a part of my life forever, but a bigger part over that past 2 years.

Sometimes I'm just amazed that cloth made of nothing more than threads put into clothing can create such feelings in me (and I'm not talking sexual). It makes me feel comfortable but I know in the back of my mind, it's only material, thread and makeup.

Stacy, Thanks for the kind words and sentiments. It's nice to have someone else to relate but yet sorry you have to go through the questioning also..

Banned Read only
    Yep, cross dressing is strange, weird, unexplainable and is with me to stay. Embrace your weirdness!

Looks perfectly normal to me, but I'm weird, and having to much fun
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Do what you enjoy - try night to let others tell you what is strange

Hell-o Lena,
    I think it's perfectly "normal" to go through those periods of no desire.
    At least I can say for myself, there are many times I have experienced it.
    Not to say that it was off of my mind, but the actual act of dressing wasn't
    nessesary to me. Like right now I have only dressed once since early Feb.
    I've had plenty of chances, virtually every week night I am alone at home.
    Things just get busy, and priorities change.
    I do continue to shave, and my toes are painted.
    We all are individuals and our likes and dislikes will vary, but having
    our thoughts about this thing we enjoy change from OMG this is so much fun, to
    WTF am I doing, is more common than you may think.
    How about we stop thinking of this as strange, or weird, and put a more positive spin on it?
    Let's try unique, and rare.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

I don't think any of these things are strange at all. I've found in my personal experience that at times it comes and goes for me, just like a switch has been turned just as you had asked Lena. Meeting my wife and not wanting to ruin the best thing that ever happened to me helped to suppress it. I was happy and didn't feel the need to dress or be Tara for almost 7 years. But then as time went on I hit a point where I was unhappy about a lot of things and then remembered how happy I was as Tara, and one day it all began again. My wife outed me by accident, I wasn't ready to tell her yet and still haven't told her all of it. She wasn't completely understanding about it and still isn't, but accepts it as long as she isn't involved in it.

Banned Read only
    What you have explained about your cycle of dressing is quite common. There are many things that go into it. Everything from shame, guilt, and work overload to spending more time with the family, finances, and just not enough hours in the day. Don't worry about it. When the spirit moves you to dress, go for it and enjoy it! When you don't feel like dressing, enjoy it! Don't make life anymore complicated than it already is.

Materially it's only cloth and makeup but it has a deep cultural dimension that far outweighs mere physicality. It has meaning as metaphor, sign, talisman, totem, and personal memento, to mention a few of the layers. The physical cloth is the substructure, the vehicle, for personal, social and cultural meaning.

I don;t think it is strange that you can see your little niche in life.

As long as you accept it, recognise others will think it strange and you do not foist your views on them I think you have the game beaten.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I find I do a lot of things on your list of strange. I'm strange and proud of it, just do what works for you and have fun. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Lena:

Nothing strange about the desire to crossdress coming and going. I think that's a fairly universal thing with all desires. My sense of gender shifts all the time, along with my moods. But I do know that on many days I love to come home and change into femme mode and relax. Something about it is like taking a tranquilizer. Yes, it's just cloth or makeup, but for me it's all in the sensations; how it feels on my body and from my eyes looking out. Judged by society's rigid standards I look silly but I feel wonderful and that's what matters (OK, sometimes I look awesome too!).

Try not to over-think it or pathologize yourself. Just enjoy the discoveries and go with the flow.

Gypsy

I've been there, done it and repeated the same behavior many times over. After spending more than 60 years crossdressing, I don't find this kind of bizarre behavior anything but normal.

It's not too strange and even if it were that's no issue. I recently just went through a cycle to dressing, not dressing, then dressing again.

I've been "strange" all my life.. If it weren't for my kids and the layer of ridicule they would endure in school and the problems my ex-wife would create I would do it a lot more.. And most of the people that know me wouldn't be surprised at all.. LOL

I'm new to site and I'll have to say nothing and everything any of us do is strange lol just a thought

Most people, if they open up for you, reveal a lot that is strange and weird and often unloved. Everyone is doing their best to look 'normal' and not stand out. Being average is incredibly rare, being normal rarer still. Things are often strange when we encounter them, then comes interest, then growing understand, and so love and acceptance. Strange is only a helpful label while we are strangers to ourselves. We only get to live our life, and be who we are. So i say You are not strange because then i would be too. (hmmm rambling..)

My question is, are you making decisions about irreversible body changes consciously or unconsciously? on a month to month basis or with the long-view in mind? Counsellor might help make sure both aspects of yourself are on the same page?

What is strange is that two hairs can grow out of one follicle.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I know what I do is not socially normal.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I do not think it is strange to question ones decisions, choices, likes, dislikes, ect. But it doesn't mean you are strange, perhaps different than some, but not strange (as the word strange has negative connotations in our society).

Be who you enjoy being. Take care of yourself and love others and you'll probabaly be good to go. ��

I'm perfectly normal, at least that's what the purple flying hippo keeps telling me

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    Is it strange that I usually hate pictures, but when I dress, i love taking selfies?
    I'm the same way.

Jessie ~☆

Purple hippo. I never saw one. Yep it is strange, especially when you had to purge your stash. Only to start buying again. LOL, every time I get dressed i think it is strange. I can't stop it though. I have tried. It always pulls me back.

I think it is very strange, all of those points are strange. But without strange all we would see is same people, same clothing on everyone, same cars, same houses... The more strange the more veriety in life, keep up the strange haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Yep, cross dressing is strange, weird, unexplainable and is with me to stay. Embrace your weirdness!
    Well said Jennifer - my feelings too. I now under dress only and thoroughly enjoy it.