Thread: I've seen it all

I've seen it all

I was Anfield this weekend to watch the FA cup quarter final between Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers and at the end of the game I saw a man in a dress. Perhaps man is the wrong terminology but he had short hair and didn't seem to be making any real attempt to pass, yet he had a pink and black dress on with brown, female boots. They absolutely owned it, one or two people made snide remarks but on the whole people just ignored her/him. I think the fact that somoene felt safe going to a football match in a dress, particually when football fans still frequently highlight ignornance and prone to violence, shows societies opinion on crossdressing has progressed a long way. I also think it shows that we are safer than many suspect and can realistically hope to soon experience a more tolerant and open minded world.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow! That IS something! Thanks for the positive post, Rhian.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Or is it just possible they were all to drunk to notice he wasnt a gg? LOL

that is so brave it says he has the balls and therefore no-one challenged him. I used to go to matches in the 70's when violence was serious and rife, but as long as you supported the same team you were safe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

People tolerate costumes more readily than weirdos dressed to the nines and "do" look like women.

These people are wearing disguises.

All to do with people's perception.

I dress in Edinburgh but don't even go androgynous in Glasgow.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Do you think it's possible he lost a bet? Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

No he didn't appear to be with a group of lads, so I can't see it being a bet. It also wasn't a costume Bev, it was a casual attire.

Would love to have more info on how this person acted so I could have a more informed opinion. But sometimes people seem more accepting of different appearance if the person obviously isn't trying to pass and acts like they don't care if you like it or not. Confidence accounts for a lot.

Either way, I'm all for stretching the public's idea of what's accepted.
    G.

Are you sure he/she was a male (as assigned at birth)?

Short hair means nothing these days, either as a style or as a result of cancer.
    DonnaT

That person must have had a brass constitution to attend a sporting event in a dress. As for myself, I think there's too much testosterone at any sporting event, and even though I feel comfortable dressed under most circumstances, I think the only event which I would attend dressed would be a horse race because there fans are more concerned about their wagering than what a person is wearing.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land