Thread: I'm outing myself.... sort of....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm outing myself.... sort of....

So you may notice, I have updated my avatar and profile picture with an actual picture of ME! I just posted the original image (slightly cropped and reduced in size per forum rules) in the Pictures forum (hope I did it right), but it got me to wondering....

I have always been extremely guarded about my picture being taken and/or posted of me while dressed. I have lived with anonymity safely behind my computer screen and have been nothing more than a name or handle (until recently, "she" didn't really have a name). I am not out to my friends and family, but stranger things have happened on the internet than one totally unrelated post or picture finding its way to someone that knows me IRL and I'm not sure I'm ready to have that conversation with anyone that doesn't know. I suppose in some ways it would be a relief not to be hidden, but it's still pretty scary, you know? I know that here, it's relatively safe as if you're a member here you either are transgender (wherever you may fall on that spectrum) or an SO of a tg, a friend of a tg, or an admirer.

Anyway, I was wondering, has anyone here ever seen a picture posted here and suddenly realized that they knew the person in the picture where before they didn't have a face to put to the name?
    Last edited by VirtuaGrl; 03-12-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added link to thread in picture gallery