Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you clock another TS?

Well, the only thing I pass is gas, so I wouldn't be offended if someone read me. Usually my reaction is either asking if they figured that out on their own, or acting surprised, reaching for my crotch and saying "Wha... Wa... Wha... Where the hell did THAT come from?!?!". What does offend me more is when I'm treated as something other than a trans woman, namely a gay man or a man dressed as a woman. What I've been doing when I get misgendered and I get a certain type of "vibe" from the person is act surprised that they're gendering me as male and stand on my ground of being a woman, with no mention to my trans status. It works surprisingly well.

But I'm drifting away from the main topic. I know not everybody has my thick skin, so I wouldn't approach anyone just because they seemed trans, specially if they passed "quite well". And then, there's the many many ciswomen who have all those tells that supposedly mean you're trans. I know a bunch of those. One of them is my cousin. She gets read as trans pretty often, despite having popped out two little humans already.

To be honest, the whole obsession with passing (and that transpassing subreddit) is, for me, the worst we trans people (specially trans women) can do to ourselves.
    Life is a dream we wake from.

Quote Originally Posted by Starling View Post
    What are specifically crossdresser tells?
    I can't put my finger on it, but something didn't seem right. Perhaps she was TS but new to going out, so still nervous with a deer-in-the-headlights attitude.

Yeah, Dianne, there's nothing like that first "do or die" experience. At this point, though, I feel much more comfortable and centered going out full-on as myself than as my androgynous alternative. What's more conspicuous, an old man with no arm or leg hair and longish nails wearing articles of women's clothing, or a definitely-not-beautiful, but somewhat younger-looking woman? Wonderful things happen to my face and body when I'm me. I long for the day I can go full time and purge the boy clothes.

And it doesn't bother me to be read by strangers, which will happen more often than I'd like, but I do worry about being spotted by old friends I haven't come out to yet; it's embarrassing for them, and unfair.

Lallie

PS: I hope I didn't come off as mean when discussing CD tells. I've been there myself.
    Time for a change.

Banned Read only
    If you know you will be read by a stranger, make it an interesting story.

Let's see, the strangers get: "Someone gave you a bum steer, Bud. I've been a gal all my life."

The friends get: "It's not me. Don't believe your lying eyes. But watch your email."

Lallie
    Time for a change.

No one has said anything to me but I did get some funny "oh my god" kind of surprised looks when my grandma corrected someone who referred to me as "she".

I have an extremely keen eye, but I would have to say, no very many at all.
    Either all the girls in my area CD and TS alike are all very passable or there just isn't to many of us.
    Although, when I am out my first concern is doing whatever it is I'm out to do that day and not spending my time doing pan and scans of the general public looking for another TS or CD.

What are specifically crossdresser tells? For me it would be opaque tights, long sleeves and too much thick makeup, in addition to age-inappropriate clothing. Not saying that all CDers display those signs, but many do.
    I wouldn't exactly call opaque tights a "CD'er flag" as they are quite popular these days with women of all ages.
    I happen to love solid and/or patterned opaque tights for many reasons, especially in the colder seasons here in the Northeast.

If you wanted to peg a certain type of hosiery that is considered more of a "CD flag" might I suggest shinny tan/nude pantyhose.
    The kind that seems to only be favored by CD'ers .............. and those that thought up the "uniform" for Hooter's Girls.

Again Long Sleeves?
    I wonder, does liking long sleeve tees and tops, over sized hoodies and flannel shirts flag me as a CD'er too or just a stereotypical Dyke?

too much thick makeup, in addition to age-inappropriate clothing.
    OK, I may have to give you those two.
    But as long as we are talking about "not all CD'ers" why not add wearing a prom dress to the mall to your sweeping generalizations.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 03-16-2015 at 11:15 PM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    my grandma corrected someone who referred to me as "she".
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    What? She hasn't...? You didn't...? I would have...

To be fair I hadn't told her anything about me yet and unfortunately she has alzheimers so she probably wouldn't really remember either
    Not sure how to handle that one really.

Banned Read only
    I think the Beatles said it best www, let it be

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy777 View Post
    ...I wouldn't exactly call opaque tights a "CD'er flag" as they are quite popular these days with women of all ages.
    I happen to love solid and/or patterned opaque tights for many reasons, especially in the colder seasons here in the Northeast.

If you wanted to peg a certain type of hosiery that is considered more of a "CD flag" might I suggest shinny tan/nude pantyhose.
    The kind that seems to only be favored by CD'ers .............. and those that thought up the "uniform" for Hooter's Girls.

Again Long Sleeves?
    I wonder, does liking long sleeve tees and tops, over sized hoodies and flannel shirts flag me as a CD'er too or just a stereotypical Dyke?

too much thick makeup, in addition to age-inappropriate clothing.
    OK, I may have to give you those two.
    But as long as we are talking about "not all CD'ers" why not add wearing a prom dress to the mall to your sweeping generalizations.
    Sorry Sammy, I didn't mean to offend. Perhaps I didn't include enough detail. Shiny tan pantyhose yes, of course, especially over another, opaque, pair of hose to cover leg hair. Maxi-support hose is also part of the waitress uniform in general. The import of my comment was that TS are more likely to shave their legs all year 'round than CD. And again, a certain long-sleeve look--e.g., a thickish knit top worn under a summery halter dress--says CD to me, although not a CD who is very committed to full female emulation.

I think part of the difference between male crossdressing for pleasure and identifying and presenting as female, hopefully full time, is that you have to be practical in what you wear, because nobody wants to get dressed up everyday--especially after being spoiled by living as a man for years.

My final comment, and I mean it sincerely, is that I wish I could ever look as good as most of the MTF CD on this board.

Lallie

PS: I for one would like to see more prom dresses at the mall. I like to look at beautiful costumes, whether worn by a beautiful man or a beautiful woman.

PPS: I'm sure I have failed to spot a number of TS and CD folk, because of how well they presented.
    Last edited by Starling; 03-16-2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: endless tweaking
    Time for a change.

Silver Member

My final comment, and I mean it sincerely, is that I wish I could ever look as good as most of the MTF CD on this board.
    I can't agree with this. I once thought so, but CD cherry-pick their pictures just as do TS. As I've met CDs in real life, any impressions I had of their appearance as a group was destroyed. Completely. I'll take the natural look of most trans women any day of the week. Different look. Different gestures. Different speech. Different posture and walk (well, more so on this one). The face may or may have as much makeup, but it's on a face where HRT has made subtle changes. Ditto the body. Different attitude and responses. These differences combine to a different impression.

Recalling my first CD function, there was one other TS in attendance. I clocked her as different from the rest within seconds of walking in, though I didn't know why until later. It made a strong impression and it has been confirmed since over and over. Lest anyone think that *I* think the TS community is populated by the bright and beautiful ... um, no. And we have our share of marginal people, which a visit to most support groups will demonstrate.

So this is about the manifestation of core differences. Men vs women. It shows.

Sorry Sammy, I didn't mean to offend. Perhaps I didn't include enough detail.

The import of my comment was that TS are more likely to shave their legs all year 'round than CD.
    No Worries Lallie
    Believe me, I wasn't offended, just ranting a bit. Getting easily offended was never one of my traits.

Shave? Legs? During Northeast winters? Maybe from the knee down.
    I know quite a few (GG) girls both single and dating, straight and not so straight, who regularly do that or skip shaving on a regular basis during the winter. Jeans and Tights are a girl's best friend in the winter. But Shhhhh!! Don't tell no one!

We are by no means perfect creatures, we just like to keep men believing that we are.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

The summer prior to my realization that i was ts and going to transition i was separated from my wife and living in an apartment complex...its was about 90 degrees and humid...
    i was obsessed with going to the pool "Dressed"...i was actually experiencing "the bell is rung" but i didn't know what that was and this was how it was hitting me... it was summer, i felt i could not shave my hairy legs... well........

i bought three pair of the shiniest most opaque tights i could find...toeless... i painted my toenails...tucked like never before put on my bathing suit, wig makeup...a big floppy hat and walked to the pool....I was sweating like crazy..it was very uncomfortable...i think i even had a waist cincher on...i looked like an idiot

i got there and there were about a dozen people...i sat down on a lawn chair and the lifeguard came towards me and asked me fill out the sign in form....i almost vomited...

i was so nervous i was shaking, i pulled a magazine to read while i got some sun (which was making my legs feel like cooked sausage). and i quickly got up and left...

it was a horrible experience from soup to nuts...i couldn't get it out of my mind...i would wince and hate myself for how stupid it was, how pathetic it was etc... but also i HAD to do it...i was thinking about this for months...it felt like it was all i could think about

these needs kept coming at me in waves...check into a hotel...go to a club....go to the mall ....strike up a conversation.... once they got into my head, they stayed there....of course later on i was in therapy and the idea that i was transsexual kept coming at me in waves too...but how could that be?? i was clearly an obsessed crossdresser i kept telling myself...i did alot of really stupid and degrading things before i admitted what i was to myself.

so next time you see those shiny danskins.............hehe

+++++++++++++

btw i had the exact same experience as lea....i went to a cd oriented conference and noticed all the crossdressers and i didn't relate to them at all...
    its funny because one of the things that happened was i was hit on ALOT (alot more than since transition lol) by the CD's there....and here is a funny part...lets be honest and say some of them were adorable and put together, most of them were NOT....and they were oblivious to sitting in a chair in a mini dress with their legs splayed out in their 6 inch heels and fat handles sticking out of their bustiers, super long purple nails....."hi darling you are stunning...are you full time?" one guy said....on one hand UGH!!!
    on the other i kept thinking to myself about how he said."Are you full time??" those words stunned and terrified me as much as i loved hearing them......gender dysphoria...what a fricking thing to have....

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    To be fair I hadn't told her anything about me yet and unfortunately she has alzheimers so she probably wouldn't really remember either
    Not sure how to handle that one really.
    Ugh, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I still don't know what to do about my grandparents, and they are healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    ...I'll take the natural look of most trans women any day of the week. Different look. Different gestures. Different speech. Different posture and walk (well, more so on this one)...So this is about the manifestation of core differences. Men vs women. It shows.
    Of course this is true, Lea, but we were talking about brief encounters in the wild, not in close quarters in a group of MTFs of one stripe or another. I'm always aware of my femaleness, regardless of what I'm wearing, and have always moved and gestured the way I felt--except when I happen to be applying strict male behavior imitation, in my role as a secret female agent among men, like a cabin "boy" on a pirate ship.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

There are those that wear opaque tights to hide hairy legs, but I find many CDers are extremely particular about being smooth. Come winter I live in thick tights or Jeans and if i'm honest i'm a bit lax on my leg hair, it's winter who is going to see and I have no partner, since hormones it's not the thick leg hair of a man anymore. Now in my experience crossdresses are appalled at this, but it's rather more common in GG's than people like to think.
    A woman on a TV programme the other day admitted to shaving her legs upto the jeans line and leaving the rest. So what I am saying is there is more of an obsession with shaved legs in CDers than elsewhere.
    I think it's hard to judge and the ones that are out and about are those that feel that need, some end up realising they are TS.

Also in the UK, it's the norm to wear thick black tights in winter, usually with boots. However it's extremely unlikely to see someone in summer wearing those shinney opaque tan tights lol.

I will agree having tried in the early days to find a comrade in this, that the only person I ever got on with at a Trans venue was another TS, otherwise I just never fitted in.

OMG Kaitlyn that story made me cringe!

As for spotting someone (clocking is a horrid word), sometimes I do if they are unfortunate to have strong masculine features, but you still just never know. Otherwise no as I'm not looking for it, they would have to be right in front of me to notice. I do sometimes see in Shopping centres CDers, the difference can be subtle but they are usually in a group and they have a tendency to be slightly over feminine in clothes. I don't believe I have ever seen a GG shopping in thigh high stiletto boots for example. The rest obviously blend well enough for me not to notice.
    Last edited by becky77; 03-17-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Yeah becky, traveling in groups is sort of a giveaway, isn't it? Especially since the group is only as passable as its least passable member. As far as leg-shaving in concerned, let's not bring in the GGs, because they got female on a silver platter. I think we have more invested in our day-to-day presentability. I don't really care if I'm clocked, but I don't want to look like a slob. I have my pride. By the way, I'm one of the lucky ones who naturally has no masculine arm or leg hair, but I'd happily trade that for having hair on my head.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

My most interesting encounters with other cross dresser both occurred in small towns in the UK. One was in a coffee shop where she was with a friend and chatting unconcernedly. The other was in a small town in SW England and she was in a wheel chair.

What really struck me about both occasions is that they were perfectly ordinary and no one around seemed the least bit interested or concerned. I liked that.