Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you clock another TS?

How often do you clock another TS?

Just curious to see how often it happens.
    I've seen a few but respectfully move on because holy crap if you're wrong you've just made someone's day turn to instacrap.

Also, do you think we're better at clocking each other than society in general?

Silver Member
    Not as often since moving south. Before that, my office building opened onto a mall in the city. Seeing trans people was frequent. Several per week on occasion. Only a couple in 18 months where I live now, apart from events and support groups.

Are we better? I don't know. I'm sure I miss the most passable. I think I'm quite good at nailing the borderline because I know the tells.

I would NEVER approach someone. Bad Ju-Ju whether right or wrong.
    Lea

Now an then ,, Not to- to much ,, But I get really excited when I do ,, There was one chic that worked at Mac close by ,, She was mean though ,, An another in Pre Transition who maybe didn't even know it yet at Ulta ,,lol,,,

They have a Jail Paper here that has all the people that have been arrested in certain county's that seem to have some in it from time to time . As bad as this sounds if you go to a Gender therapist then that might be the best way to meet some of your sisters ? HEY ,, Just saying ,, I am not saying stalk anyone ..lol.. But maybe it's a good place to eat your lunch in the parking lot ? Might meet a friend ,,lol,,, But not to many seen here ,, Then again I am half blind so there ya go !!
    Last edited by STACY B; 03-13-2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Mispelled

Hardly ever.

A couple months ago i "clocked one" and i was wrong!! LOL... big hands, deep voice...looked like she had ffs...nope...

I would never ever approach a person BECAUSE i thought they were ts or tg. Never.

It's gonna be sad in the future when more GGs end up being clocked as trans and mistreated because they have slightly masculine features

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Over here, another meaning of to clock someone is to hit them in the face. I wouldn't want to be arrested
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    That is an alternate here too Rianna. Punch, clock, cold ****.....

I don't know. Sometimes I see someone and some feature makes me double take and that is when my mind starts processing because I am trying to figure out what caught my attention. Otherwise, I have somehow managed to not scan the crowd or examine anyone. I don't know why. Maybe because I am constantly at trans or LGBT events, having others around me that might have some type of tell is normalized for me. I certainly have ladies at work that have some of the same tells.

I certainly wouldn't tell anyone. Horrible by itself and another type of horrible if you are wrong. I went to an event in a large building last night and was early, so I went to the cafeteria. I had one of those moments with the double take with a lady at the adjacent table. The balding pattern was definitely male hormone produced. She looked wonderful though. I would have like to say hi as I was there for a trans-related event, but it just isn't right. She did end up at the same event, but that still doesn't make her trans or make it right to approach her.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    "Instacrap"!
    I thought I was the only one that used that word, lol.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Silver Member
    Its actually kinda sad that being identified as trans should be so offensive to both trans women and cis women. I get it, I get upset too, but still it is the implication that being trans or thought trans is bad and should not be acknowledged that leaves me uneasy. A lot of cis gender women would take it as the ultimate insult which is really messed up.

I think it may be something like "holy crap I'm passing!" and then someone comes up and starts talking about trans stuff.
    But then again beauty standards are only going up up up and more women are gonna face misgendering.

Well i have seen some but not to many. There is one girl thats transitioning . I am one that likes to talk to people. I just walk up and say hi tell them my name and asked whats up how are u doing. If thay went to talk thay will. u dont aver say i see your tran cdr or crap like that. You treat them as a person that you went to know. As you male self would u go up to a guy or a lady and be rude no you would not. But you still talk to people that you dont know. It the same. Hell that mite have pegged u. And went to talk so dont aver walk a way u just mite find a friend. I did love cindy

I think I can tell pretty readily I'm in the presence of a fellow trans person. I certainly don't need to rehash here all the various anatomical "tells." I would probably never walk up to an unknown trans sister and introduce myself in a fashion that was obviously based on our mutual "transness," though, unless the venue, like a Pride day brought us together. Nice eye contact, a glimmer of recognition, maybe a quiet "hi" and that's all for me.
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Frankly, I very seldom identify a trans person with any certainty. I may be suspicious of a few individuals, but there are enough GGs out there with masculine features that I never know for sure.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

About 15 per week when I'm in the city.
    I often work in an area that at night is "Shady" but during the day is vibrant and alternative.
    At my usually coffee shop, they sit alone, but as the evening wears on, they have meet up pubs & clubs
    A lot are extra girly-girl, so B iching is every 8 seconds.

About 1 a week when I'm out of the city, these girls are fun and friendly during the day with larger than life personalities, often working in clothing retail, some have office jobs.

OH ya, and when I talk to them, it's never about Trans stuff, it's about how their day is going, what are they up to (I did walk in to a group once who were doing singing practice for their church, absolute fun, broke every funny bone in my body)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I've seen a few FTM folk out and about, but more MTFs. Some at the LGBT Center, of course, but the clients are mostly gay, and I'm almost always the only transwoman. I did one day sit across from an absolutely stunning young lady in the waiting room, but I would never in a million years act on my transdar, even to make a compliment--just as I wouldn't want anyone to do it to me. After all, polite human discourse seldom includes questioning others about their gender or sexual preference.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Banned Read only
    I have 20 transgendered girls working for me. The only time I clock them is when they arrive at or leave from work.

Wait a second.. the only job i can think of where 20 tgirls are working is....oh never mind...

Banned Read only
    Get your mind out of the gutter, dear!

As Rianna said, I think of punching someone in the face when I hear the phrase "to clock someone". So I use the phrase "to read someone" instead.

For me, I've read trans people "in the wild" three times... two were unmistakable and one I wasn't sure about. I think one was a crossdresser and two were transsexuals. (I'm not counting the times I've seen obvious crossdressers who do it as a joke or for Halloween; I'm talking about people who attempt to blend in.)

I've probably seen lots of trans people without even having a clue that they're trans.

It kinda makes me wonder how often I'm read as trans but I guess it's one of those things you'll never find out the answer to.

I see trans people... quite often.

But, as Kaitlyn says, they may not be. I don't verify my impressions.

Silver Member
    Every time I run a drag race!

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    I see trans people...
    You have a Sixth Sense, eh?

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Over here, another meaning of to clock someone is to hit them in the face. I wouldn't want to be arrested
    No doubt huh?
    Every time I hear "clocking" someone, it makes me think of having like this wall clock in hand and smacking them with it.
    Yes I am stupid.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne S View Post
    ...I've read trans people "in the wild" three times... two were unmistakable and one I wasn't sure about. I think one was a crossdresser and two were transsexuals...
    What are specifically crossdresser tells? For me it would be opaque tights, long sleeves and too much thick makeup, in addition to age-inappropriate clothing. Not saying that all CDers display those signs, but many do.

Lallie
    Time for a change.