There has always been a few things that I wanted to do as Beth, but never quite had the courage to try. In the last few months, I have become quite comfortable out and about as Beth, and I have worked up the nerve to try them.

Right after the first of the year, I went to a movie as Beth. It was both very exciting to be in a theater as Beth, and seemed quite routine at the same time. Nobody at the theater batted an eye or seemed flustered in any way, from the kid at the box office, to the manager who directed me to the proper auditorium, to the other people in the theater who seemed to just accept me as who I am.

I took a few days of vacation this week, and decided this morning to knock off another bucket list item. I rode the Metro Transit Blue Line (light rail for those of you not lucky enough to live in Minnesota) from the Mall of America to Target Field in Minneapolis and back. I was treated just like any passenger, and was mostly ignored. Most people that made eye contact with me seemed to not care or seemed curious rather than hostile, and a couple women gave me very friendly smiles. All in all, a positive experience.

One other thing on the bucket list I'm doing this week is to spend more than 48 hours as Beth. If I had not gone to a meeting for my part-time job on Wednesday evening, I would already be there. I'll have to change back to Mike mode tomorrow afternoon for a date, but by then I will have been Beth for more than 60 hours. The longest I was ever able to go before was less than 36 hours because I was uncomfortable running errands as Beth.

My vacation continues through Monday, so I may go to a movie again. We'll see what the weather does.

There are still a couple of items on my bucket list: Take a road trip as Beth, and go on a (platonic) date with a man, just to see how it feels to be taken out to dinner and a movie or concert.

The woman I have a date with tomorrow is about the most open-minded woman I have ever dated. I have been planning to tell her about my being a CD for a couple weeks now. I guess her reaction will tell me if the relationship is worth pursuing further.