Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So many new girls!

So many new girls!

I cant get over how many new girls are joining this forum all the time! I dont have a lot of time to spend reading and writing here, but time after time I find that I dont even make it away from the front door, welcoming new people!

It also strikes me as somewhat amazing how many girls join, and tell us that this is new to them! These girl feelings have been with me my entire life and I bet someone put pink milk in my bottle or something! So it is difficult for me to comprehend that others get into dressing at a later time in life.

I also can't help but be a little envious, in a good way of course, of the young girls who join the forum. I so wish there had been something like this around when I was young. But, no computers and no Interweb back then. Daylight had just been invented!

- Suzie

Silver Member
    Suzie, I've noticed that too. There seems to be quite a range of "experience" represented, some more grounded than others. It is the internet and 99% do not use their real life name so how much of one's true or full self are we revealing?

As for myself it took almost 10 years of lurking before I was comfortable enough to join.

So it's hard saying why any individual is here.

-M.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    This site is interesting for sure, but for every new girl who joins, another one dissapears... they either got bored here, or just dropped off the face of the earth only to come back two years later....i find THAT interesting.....only constant around here is Beverlys post count.... LOL.......
    But if you look at an old thread, it is like a cd graveyard of forgotten souls.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ried-on/page38

From what I've seen in my short year and a half here is there is about a 3 month window on most ( not all ) but alot of people.... sure there are your regulars who pop in.. then there are those here today and gone tomorrow....I get it and understand, but some of those gals I miss.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 03-14-2015 at 10:47 AM. Reason: windows

Just joined yesterday, and I too am amazed at the number of new members, but the thing that really gets me is where do some of the long term members with thousands of posts go, they just seem to disappear! Any thought?
    Last edited by Riley1; 03-26-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm still here.LOL.

You can only talk about the weather for so long, you know! It gets old after a while and if you look through the topics here on this forum, there is a lot of the Same old Same old going around again and again.
    People move on for various reasons, some to drop in now and then and others not to be seen again.

I was very active online years ago, spending way too much time in an online live chatroom for years. Some things happened in my life and I stopped, basically from one day to the next I was gone.
    That was 8+ years ago and I have only been back there one time and just for maybe 30 minutes late one night.
    Those who were in the room the night I disappeared, knew I was leaving, but a lot of people never got an explanation. I heard much later from a friend that there had been rumors of the worst kind after that.

Here recently I decided to get involved here in this forum, but the truth is that I will most likely not be here for long. It will be partly because I know I shouldn't spend too much time here, partly because my wife will have a fit if she finds out and partly because it will get to the Same old Same old stage!

People move on, for whatever reason.

- Suzie

Banned Read only
    I've noticed also there are many newbies here. But, I also have noticed there are many who have disappeared or reduced there participation. Every once in a while I check to see if I have missed their postings, but, alas, they seemingly are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm still here.LOL.
    and i for one am very glad your are

looking back to when i first joined, most of the "old guard" or the girls that helped me the most
    are gone, banned or just went quiet...
    i get it too...this site is such a wonderful and supportive place. i was very active in the beginning
    as i had a million questions, was very nervous, scared and very deep in the closet.
    as my questions were answered, and confidence grew and feeling more "comfortable" in my skin,
    my participation has slowed. i'm still around, just not as much.
    with so many new girls joining everyday, i guess i'm kinda the "old guard" now...lol
    paula

And on the other side of the coin I have a noticed a lot of long term members who posted a lot have gone silent???

I joined a few years ago. I was really excited to be going to my first crossdressing event. It was my first time dressed in public. I met a lot of wonderful ladies like me. Then I had to get back to reality. I haven't been able to dress much since then. I came back recently because I miss being Jennifer and need to hear from others going through similar things. I'm also looking for some inspiration to get jennifer back out there.

The young girls will age as quickly as we did.

I was lucky I was given the opportunity and did live the dream for a while.

For a lot of us all we can think of are "opportunities missed"

Do make the most of what you have now.

I do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm a new girl

Yes, I'm a new girl, been dressing for years but new to site and people.

Great - the more the merrier!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Gold Member
    Maybe, Just Maybe we will become a Majority than the minority.
    Rader

Jennifer: Here's some inspiration .. Get out there!! Or ELSE!!

Beverly: Very good point, don't look at missed opportunities but make the most of the ones in front of you. I like you!

Raquel: Hi there! You should go write a little intro in the Introduction room! Then you will get the proper welcomes and I think Katey will give you some flowers and a fruit cake too!

Hugs
    Suzie

Where have all the flowers gone....
    It would be wonderful to know the reasons, but only they know and
    if they came back, they are no longer gone, my head hurts.

I have to admit I was a lurker for about a decade on and off before I finally broke down and signed up late last year. Even then, it really wasn't until the last month I started visiting more and actually tried posting a bit here and there.

I have been going out since the late 70's. Over the years the frequency of when I dressed changed numerous times due to all kinds of factors. At one time I completely stopped dressing for about 3 years. When I first started there was no internet. I sometimes wonder if there had been an internet when I was growing up how would've it effected my life?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Suzie,

Been here about three years now and came out to my wife shortly after. Been doing this devil's thing since about the age of ten
    . It is amazing just how many share in our collective interest, with a constant supply of newbies. At this rate, we should be in the majority in a few years time and can radically change the world...some hope huh?

I get involved in topics if it piques my interest, but there is only so much of the same thing that this average CD can stand. Is there an average CD? That's not to be disparaging of posters, just a personal reality check as this was all new to me once. I take life pretty much as it comes.

Likewise, I wish that the winterweb had been around in my early days, as I loved the fashion in the eighties...and I had hair then, but I also wish to be a multi-millionaire (no point in just hoping for a small amount of cash). Moreover, when I was young, some time ago now, Queen Victoria wasn't history, it was current affairs.

Rebecca

- Suzie
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

For myself its like it goes in stages, when I joined I asked some questions that to myself was what I thought was new, but then I see when new members come in they are asking the same questions I asked when I joined. Its like a circle but I find there are many topics here and everyone is living with there own questions and I jump in where I could give some real life advice or answer. There is a lot of variety here, but just like cable TV, sometimes you do find yourself changing channels and not finding anything to watch so you turn of the TV for a day.

As a new girl I can only relate why I recently joined the site. Having only recently accepted I'm a CD I started to research the internet. Having come across this site and finding I'm not alone I had to sign up.

The site has helped me move from just accepting this part of my personality to embracing it. I'm now delighted to be on a voyage of self discovery for an aspect of my personality that I have suppressed for so long. I feel much more secure on this journey with the help of all the invaluable advice and experience related by others on this site.

I don't know where I'm going at this stage - will I be a regular CD now that I've decided to embrace it or will I go through periodic bouts as I did while trying to suppress it. In any case, while I'm active I think I will regularly stay in touch with the site. I only wish I had discovered it much earlier as I think it could have done much for my self esteem and self awareness.

As a newcomer to this sit myself I can only say how amazing all you girls have been in making me feel so welcome. at the moment I really have no support at home as I'm back living with parents after a messy divorce from a partner who never knew about my CD, it's great to know so many other people out there have the same feelings and have been through the same turmoil as me before realizing how much they enjoy exploring their feminine side, anyway thanks again for all the lovely welcome. and I look forward to all the friendly chat in future x

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    I'm new to this site and so glad I found it!! There many girls here with lots to say. Lots of good advise and experience to share and learn from.

Part of why I am here myself, is to have some fun! I lead a team of highly skilled engineers everyday, pushing technology forward a scary speed. So in other words .. they are no fun at all!

Rebecca: At this rate, we should be in the majority in a few years time and can radically change the world..
    You are on to something there! We should go into politics! I think we would have a shot at it!
    As we were just talking about, we already have the ability to repeat ourselves endlessly and I think we can agree we look considerably better than most politicians do today! What should we call it .... the T-Party !! Oh, no wait ...

Sandra: You should start a thread about your path to this place. Personally I find that Googling the web for anything related to this thing we do can be quite disturbing! The things you find before getting to a place like this can be troublesome to say the least.

Crystal: That is defenitely one of the wonderful parts of a place like this. Being able to share with new girls, and even their SO's sometimes, and help get some of the stress out of the situation. And for that, the repeated threads are actually good.

- Suzie

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    ...What should we call it .... the T-Party !! Oh, no wait ...Suzie
    As I follow US politics I like that suggestion, so count me in!
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk