Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do your GGs think?

It's awesome that you're having a good time with it!

I knew from the beginning (about 8 years ago) and was immediately supportive. In fact, I encouraged my SO to start going out to places other than her TG support group. We did have a rough patch for some years though, from about 6 months into our relationship onward. My SO was developing wings and flying and it seemed by far the preferred activity, and so I wasn't sure where it was all going. At one point I felt as if my SO would be a lot happier being free, without me.

But it all fell into place as my SO got used to doing everything in girl mode that he did in guy mode (except work) and for the last few years, things have stabilized tremendously. The CDing is just as much a normal event in our lives as going out to have pizza with friends. Well, it always was, but my SO prioritizes other things now too.
    Reine

That is great Kandi! I too help my CD fiance with a lot of his feminine items.

My S/O is a strong supporter of my c/d-ing. Every morning, when we are together at her home... she expects me to emerge in femme attire....(and we read the newspaper, and share coffee together.... One morning, when I didn't (emerge en femme) she asked "Is something wrong???".... She's a dream-come- true.... She supports me... and I am outlandishly content to be her man... any-time, every-time....

Mimi is very supportive of me as I explore the various paths available to me. She recognizes that I'm not doing this by choice and that I'm a better and happier person when I can express myself as I wish.

Our social life is much richer than it was before we had "the talk." When I'm all dressed up we need somewhere to go and friends to share the experiences with.

I'm not saying that all has been perfect all along, but we love and enjoy each other no matter how we are dressed.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My wife knows and is accepting but cautiously enthusiastic.

When I can wear the wig out all the time things will then be different.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife "discovered" Cheryl some years ago and it seems it wasn't the right time for her to come out.
    About 10 years ago I could take the closet no more and decided to have THE TALK. After much crying and talking she decided to give it a try. She found it wasn't what she thought it was at first and is fully supportive. She goes everywhere with me and shares every moment. It's done nothing but make us closer.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My GF is fine with it Hon. She knows when all is said and done, she has her man and if I'm happy she is happy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife enjoys her time with Tina and has directly said that she thinks "Tina is sweet". We found Tina together, and that sharing has spawned hours and hours of conversation that have brought us much closer. Sharing something as intimate as one's feminine self does make a positive impression on a committed spouse who isn't spooked by some bigotry spawned in her upbringing.

I sincerely hope that his sharing his feminine self with you is as positive in the long run as it has been for us.

My wife gets hot and cold with it. Every Halloween we do some sort of gender swap (i.e. Me Cher, her Sonny). She likes to help pick the outfit, help with makeup. But the rest of the year she has no interest in Jennifer.

But get a couple drinks in her and she might get frisky and want to see me in her underwear. Then for several months my dressing won't come up.

Then last Saturday out of the blue she gets really into again. It was finally warm her in Chicago and we went out to a nice late dinner. It was so nice we walked about a mile to the downtown area of our town. We proceed to split a bottle of wine and head home about 11PM.

We get about a block from the restaurant and head into a nearby park, and start to ride on the swings. Suddenly she looks at me and says "do you like my skirt". I say "yeah". She says "do you wish you were wearing it?" I say "possibly". Next thing you know we're hiding behind a bush exchanging bottoms.
    We're laughing holding hands and walking home. It was really exciting to me and I thought both of us. But nobody's talked about it since.

I guess I need to respect her boundaries and realize it will come up when it comes up. I just wish it was once a week instead of once every few months.

My wife is fully supportive and enjoys her time with Zoe, in fact we were just in the bathroom doing our makeup together. I feel very lucky to have her and it makes me happy to see that others have accepting SO's. Her acceptance has gone a long way to helping me get past the guilt complex and accepting both sides of me.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

We are like several lucky couples here. I told my wife on our second date, she embraced it and me, and has been supportive no matter what has happened for over 20 years. Everyone has their own pace and experiences. I think you just go with the the flow and learn and keep the communication open, especially keep talking. Nice to have you here.

My spouse is accepting, but still seems fearful and clearly feels a need to set limits. We talk about this from time to time, mostly at my initiative. I point out things I notice in the media about trans issues, and she is non-judgmental when it comes to others doing this. She has occasionally given me things -- her cast-off nail polish, a couple of necklaces, a small jewelry box. She lets me take things she's no longer wearing to a clothing swap where I mingle en femme with GGs and pick up new items for my wardrobe. She seems to like to be asked about clothing choices when I'm getting ready to go out, and gives me advice. She'll say, "You look nice" as I'm going out the door. But she doesn't want to go out with me dressed, and isn't wild about my wearing girly things when we're together at home. I try to respect those limits and not push too far, too fast.
    Can you zip me up?

Stacey how long ago did she find out?
    If it was recent, I can tell you it will take some time for her to become comfortable with your femme side. Some SO,s are comfortable quickly, some take time, and others, unfortunately never become comfortable with it.
    I hope yours is quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Que-cera-cera girl View Post
    Stacey how long ago did she find out?
    It was about three years ago, after decades of marriage and only a few scattered (and unintentional) hints about it from me.
    Can you zip me up?

My wife is more of a DADT person. She caught me about 15 years ago. She is in charge. Does not want to see it. Does not want neighbors or relatives to know. Then again, she is a very private person, not very social. We don't talk much. I am similar--not social at all. Wife is now OK with my approx 30 outfits, many wigs, makeup and shoes in my outdoor storage shed.

My SO has been phenomenal about all of this but it wasn't like I just dropped it on her, she knew. I wore hosiery a lot and fully dressed a couple of times for Halloween. She just waited for me to come clean about it. She is very accepting, supportive and encouraging. I knew she wouldn't have a problem with it but due to the fears that also come with this, I waited a long time to tell her. She doesn't treat me any differently and I don't act very differently around her. All in all I surely am one of the lucky ones
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!