Thread: Another post about going out and nobody cares

Another post about going out and nobody cares

I got a bit brave today and decided to go out enfemme. In fact I went out 3 times. The first time was early when I wore running/walking clothes and took the dog for a run/walk in the park a few blocks from home. I passed several people, but no noticeable reaction. After breakfast I decided to change into my girl jeans and pick up a few items at the grocery store. When checking out the woman smiled at me and wished me a pleasant day. Finally I figured why not a quick shopping trip to the local Goodwill. Walked right in and started browsing the racks. Found a few items to try on and went to the changing room. While I waited for someone to unlock the door, another customer asked a passing employee to ""please open the door for HER". Of course I said thank you. I tried on about 10 items, settled on just a skirt, blouse and a dress ($13 for all 3). Couldn't wait to get home and put on the dress ( I'll post pics of the skirt and blouse later).
    Attached Images Attached Images

thank you for sharing Dani, this encourages me!
    xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Dani.
    Though I've been out en femme to stores, I've never had the nerve to interact with people or buy anything.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Dani,

1st of all congrats on your day out and about. it takes a great deal of courage [ at least for me it does ] The best part is that you were able to find some souvenirs to bring home...The dress looks great on you.

I am just starting to get back on the site from a bit of a hiatus.... [ amazing how life gets in the way of living ] ...but your day out offers me encouragement... maybe I will attempt a support meeting this month to recharge my battery.

hugs, niki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Cute dress Dani! I love Goodwill, people toss out stuff that's only been worn once or twice, found some great buys there!!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Your outfit looks good. Congratulations on your outings!

Dani, I have found a number of high quality dresses at Goodwill for not a lot of money. Most people, even if they read you, are not going to say anything.

Beautiful dress on you! Maybe this chicken will again try an outing someday.

It is so true that most can't be bothered or are simply too polite. The worst reaction I ever had was from a woman scowling at me.
    I like your dress, I'm seeing more and more floral this year (I've got a bunch of skirts ready to go on this trend!)

I've been going out for quite some time now, and hardly get a second glance. It could be that so many people are wrapped up in their own doings that they don't pay attention to their surroundings. Or it could be that we are being accepted for who we are.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Congratulations, that's a lot of adventure for one day. Just remember that you don't have to do this alone. Make a friend or two. CD girlfriends are so much fun to do things with.

I agree Lynn. This site is so sweet, relly love the way the girls help each other. Really like this site.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Banned Read only
    Dani, I've done all the things you described and it's really a "turn-on". Now to take it to the next level, go to Payless or Shoe Wearhouse and try on and walk around the store in heels and casual shoes. Don't forget to wear hose so the shoes will slip on and fit your feet properly. You wait on yourself at both stores, the SA's only contact you if you need help and this is another " turn-on"; to walk around the store in all those cool feminine shoes. Buying them is not a problem, just put your money down, have self confidence, a little conversation and out the door. If female customers come up while you are walking or trying on "trust me", they will ignore you and keep focused on what the are looking for. Now, go do it!!!!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Dani,

Congrats on getting out there . . . love the dress on you BTW.

Hugs

Isha

Reality Check
    Sometimes nobody says anything out of line, sometimes they do. The majority of the population is polite enough to just walk on by or even give a pleasant smile and a nod. Maybe even say "Hello" or "Good morning".

But, every once in a while you run into someone who will frown or make a face and of course some folks just have to say something disapproving just to make themselves feel superior.

I'm glad you had a pleasant day.

Dani,
    Those are good posts when you go out and nobody cares.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

To show how things can be misconstrued- I thought you meant nobody here care's- in all actuality, quite the opposite. Then after all the replies I saw that I had it wrong.
    Glad you had such a great time out. I've yet to go out dressed but this is encouraging. I have gone to good will and tried on skirts and dresses before and purchased them. SA gave me a wink and commented about the value of a good black pencil skirt. Well done!
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Aspiring Member
    The times I've gone out no one seems to care. You never know when that could change. I attribute it to just the fact that TG is now more than ever more and more on people's radar. Be it media or whatever it is becoming mainstream and less of a big deal. I think we make it more of a big deal than others sometimes.

Congratulations Dani. It sounds as though you had a great day out.