Thread: Late in life Starter

Late in life Starter

Am i alone, as looking through various posts on here many members started the experience of dressing very young, i had just turned 59 when i tried crossdressing for the first time, so very late in life. is there others on this site who have started this experience late in life also, who would like to share with me their experiences and comments onhow things have gone and their feelings to this newly found path we are traveling

Hi Jeanettew!
    Yes, I'm another late bloomer. I'm 58 and started 4 years ago. I had no prior inclinations.

I too started late in life. Don't remember exactly, but the oldest pictures I have saved say I was around 58. I am soon to celebrate 10 years of dressing! WOW doesn't seem possible.
    Hugs,
    Carla
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

And there are probably many of us who started early, then set it aside for too long. Now we have all that lost time to make up for!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Daniella Argento
    I started as a child, stalled in late teens, restarted in mid 30s...
    Loving it

Aspiring Member
    Hi Jeanettew

I started later than you, at 66 (am now 68), although I had leanings towards CDing in my teens and through live. I have kept it all under wraps (or maybe in denial) until I thought – if I don’t do it now, I never will.

I am now progressing at my own pace, underdressing sometimes, dressing whenever I can. Have accepted a DADT arrangement with my SO and am OK about that, and do not go about and about.

Do your own thing the way you want to is my advice.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Hi Jeanette, 54 at first full cross-dress, under-dressing since 42.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Welcome Jeanette: While I'm not in your group, I am glad that you finally got to experience what you may or may not have wanted to try for such a long time. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

You started more than a decade before I did!

Hugs, Bria

Jeanette,
    All I can say you have missed opportunities in your life, start enjoying them now, there are a lot of late starters here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

in the "Media" section there is a link to a recent NY Time article about late transitioners, its a well written article, you may want to take a look

I dabbled in dressing when I was a kid, and only when there was nobody else home.
    I didn't start getting into it seriously until I was almost fifty.
    I so wish I'd started earlier in life.

Hi I'm
    Flow I'm brand new at crossdressing, but I seem to be a text book case, I started at 11 am now 63 and really crossdressing
    for the first time. I seem to on that pink fog......I got it bad

Quote Originally Posted by floe View Post
    Hi I'm
    Flow I'm brand new at crossdressing, but I seem to be a text book case, I started at 11 am now 63 and really crossdressing
    for the first time. I seem to on that pink fog......I got it bad
    Hi Flow welcome i am new to only started at 59 and been here 1 day Jeanette

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Jeanette, have u noticed?

So many here refer to, "when u started", dressing? Assuming you've been thinking about it for years or decades?

I started thinking about dressing when I started doing it! Over 50 years of age. (Before then I was just a guy. It simply never occured to me to try on women's things!)

Which caused me to go thru a lot of interior wrestling with myself that earlier "thinkers" had worked thru long ago. Like; I'm suddenly gay. I need real boobs. Maybe I want my own vagina?

Took me 12 years to work thru that stuff.
    Now, Sherry's life is just a heck of a lot of fun with other dressers!

Hopefully, you've skipped thru the "crap" stages and r ready for the FUN part?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I was 55. I think it's great in many ways. I had an established relationship and we found Tina together. There never was an guilt or a single question about whether Tina was "right" or not. Tina was obviously a part of our lives, albeit suddenly, and we've never looked back. I know I've missed many years that Tina could have been her own self, but I'll make up for it!

Banned Read only
    After having dressed in secret as a child, I suppressed the notion until I was also 55 (2003). That Halloween was the first time that I went out dressed (but no makeup and no jewelry). The second time (fully dressed, including makeup and jewelry) was January 2014. In the last 4 months, I've been out 3 times and will likely be out again this weekend. 2 weeks ago was the first time I had been out in daylight. And, since about 2007 or so, I underdress nearly all of the time with thongs or shapewear (love that squeeze!).The recent uptick in dressing is due to hanging out with a couple of CD groups. It feels good. Probably the most stressful part is deciding upon an outfit. Downhill after that...
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 03-18-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Better late than ever as the saying goes. I hope that you're enjoying the experience . And Claire you are totally correct ! I put myself in that category. Started early,put it away for awhile,and resumed later in life. ��

I lead a busy life, raising a family, advancing a career, and a self-proclaimed volunteer-holic. Then, things began to change. The kids were grown, I was given an incentive to retire, and had lots of down time between gigs in my post-retirement job. I began to think about ME for a change. As I was connecting the dots that make up my life, it became obvious: I want to dress as a woman and act as a woman. I was about 63 years old at the time. I will be 66 later this month.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just a passenger on the bus, it's driven by a mad man who has neither a map, nor an idea where we're going. But I'm okay with that.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Also a late in lifer, although Im only 40 I feel I've deprived myself long enough. Haven't dressed but a few times in all, but can still remember the overwhelming feeling of the very first time