Thread: Starting a New Journey

Starting a New Journey

Hello all,

It has been a long time since I posted anything on here and usually when I do I forget to read the TOS page and do something silly. This site was so important to me in the time before and after I came out as transgender, and even though I've sort of moved on, it holds a special place in my heart.

Which is why I wanted to come back here for a moment to let those of you who might remember me know that I have started HRT. I know that might come as a surprise to a lot of people who remember my pictures and the mindset I have, but this is where this journey I have been on has finally brought me. I just wanted to thank all of you for the support you gave during those younger days that helped me build the foundation of my sense of self that led me to this point. Couldn't have done it without you.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, I've often wondered what happened with u, Ryan. And, to hear you're on HRT is surprising! How far do u plan to go down that road?

Do u still prefer to dress 1/2 or part way? I hope u r doing well and happy with your life?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As long as you are happy Jive. That's the main thing my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nice of you to make contact again and tell us of your progress.

There are so many here that have just gone other ways and no word of how they are faring with life now days.

Stay good and well my friend.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Howdy Ryan... Always nice to have a wanderer return, and of course , I couldn't resist the urge to check out your pics (as I didn't get to see them first time around - too much of a newbie myself...) and maybe starting HRT is a surprise, but heck - if it's right for you, then it's right for you! Just because you started with a 'mixed' presentation doesn't mean there isn't anything deeper that may develop or change... Tends to confirm what I feel about all of us though - that whatever presentation type we may be, the fact that we're feeling right about crossing a gender norm is what being transgender is, although it doesn't mean that we all necessarily go on to more permanent changes in lifestyle or otherwise..

Be interesting to hear more about how you've got to this over the past 18 months if you have the time (or the inclination.. )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hey there,

We never met as I am new here, but I wanted to chime in and wish you the best on your journey!

Hugs
    Suzie

Hi Jive!

Congratulations on a significant decision in your life.

Just because you are on HRT doesn't mean you have to leave this happy little next.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    Hi Jive!

Sometimes we have to take the scenic route to get where we are going. It takes a little longer but it sure is worth the ride usually. Glad you have found your way and know which path you need to be on now.

Congrats on coming back to let us know, and all the best on your journey.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Ryan,

I especially remember you back with the video on creating cleavage using a silicone bra. I bought a few based on that video and recalling your girl pics too.
    Glad life appears to be unfolding in a even happier direction for you.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

What did you find in your journey?, was it worth it?

Platinum Member
    Jive, I'd wondered where you had gone. It's true, I wouldn't have guessed you might head in this direction, but then nothing in your past seemed to preclude the possibility either.

I find that as I came to accept myself and experience life informed by that acceptance and the experiences of others, I have grown more open to possibilities that I once would have dismissed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Ryan, So many friends just seam to fall off the end of the Earth and we never know what happened to them,
    Thanks for popping in with an up date, Keep us advised on your progress.
    I wish you all the best in your new life's journeys, May all of your paths be covered with Rose Petals & Sunshine.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 03-20-2015 at 07:35 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Great to hear from you again!
    Please call me Lisa!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Welcome back, and I hope you will keep us updated on your journey. It seems that there is more to this story since HRT is not something like deciding to wear everything yellow . Can you share your thoughts?

Great to see you
    Tina

I posted a long post a couple of years ago, around the time I turned 30, IIRC. In it I was asking myself a lot of tough questions and debating where I wanted to go. The truth is that for me my resistance to dressing "all the way" and penchant for dressing "half way" as it was often described on here was mostly because when I did get dressed to pass, I never felt a connection to the image in the mirror because it felt fake and costumey to me. I would be more dysphoric and not less.

I wanted to be myself and present as myself. So when I started really having my dissatisfied feelings catch up with me, I promised myself that if I continued to push a more androgynous image and I still didn't feel like it was enough, I'd take the plunge and seek out info about HRT. I was all set to do that last summer and then I was attacked in a subway station in Los Angeles during Pride weekend. That spooked me a lot and I went back in my shell for a few months but by September I was feeling the same way again and so I made an appointment to talk to someone.

And as of this week, I'm on estradiol and Spiro.

I don't come to the forum as often as I used to, but I do remember you. And I remember that on the rare occasion when you posted a picture fully dressed, you looked very comfortable and very natural. Certainly any feeling you may have had that the image in the mirror was fake did not come across in the photo. I wish for you continued happiness as you grow into the best you that you can possibly be.

Wendy

Gold Member
    I am glad that you are finding your path. You are always one I will remember as being completely comfortable with yourself and I believe you will reap the benefits of that as you continue forward. I am sorry to hear about the attack. That you were able to bounce back that quick is a sign of your commitment to the decision. I hope nothing else lingers from that event for you. I wish you the best and keep checking back in!