Thread: Imvu

Imvu

Does anyone else get their fix of femininity from sites like imvu of second life. I love being able to shop and look pretty. I'm sure it's not as good as the real thing. But it certainly gets me by.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When the City of Heroes MMO was still around my favorite character to play on the game was a female character. Actually, one of my other faves was another female character. There was another, but it was a robot character. The costume creator on the game was amazing and I managed to make quite a few girly costumes for her to fight crime in.

I play in Secondlife and inworldz almost every day as a woman.

I don't really play these games but most games I do play I choose a female character whenever possible. Maybe I should try this game just for fun.

Hmmm... short answer: No

Holly - you're too young to be wasting your time in virtual worlds... Think about making the most of your relative youth and doing real stuff in the real world... It will be much more satisfying, validating and - sorry for the GBO - REAL!

Take it from someone who's not going to see 33 again... or 43... or 53 for that matter...

Grasp reality when young... it might be harder to do but you won't regret it later in life...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hello CG . . . I can't say I have ever tried it but the important thing is, if it works for you then it is all good.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Hmmm... short answer: No

Holly - you're too young to be wasting your time in virtual worlds... Think about making the most of your relative youth and doing real stuff in the real world... It will be much more satisfying, validating and - sorry for the GBO - REAL!

Take it from someone who's not going to see 33 again... or 43... or 53 for that matter...

Grasp reality when young... it might be harder to do but you won't regret it later in life...

Katey x

Amen, sister!
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I think Katey888 is being a little hard on you. If this is how you feel safe being able to express your feminine side, then I'm glad for you. Most of us grew up in the pre-internet era, so it can seem odd to us to use technology in that way, but I get that to your generation it's normal.

You're obviously pretty interested in the subject to have bothered finding this site and posting, and it could be that you will come to wear female clothing.

I do regret not exploring CDing more when I was young, lean and slightly pretty- so many of the members here are fighting expanding waistlines and drooping body parts, so for that reason I'd give it some thought if I were you!

Welcome, by the way!
    I used to have a short attention spa

You certainly have an artistic and creative mind, Cardsgirl. As a slave to logic and reasoning, I am secretly a bit envious of people with artistic talent.

Best wishes
    MsVal

You may be getting your kicks like this now, but you will grow with sophistication and eventually go the whole nine yards.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think it would make me envious of the fact I'd never look that good, or fit in something that nice.
    DonnaT

Don't use IMVU or Second Life or any kind of social games really, but do play a lot of single player RPGs and my gender expression tends to just fly all over the place in those. I'm really into creating new personas every time I play a game that allows me to do so.

My Avatar and name here came to be because of SecondLife. Look up Klaire Larnia and you will find me

If it wasn't for the 2-3 years I spend playing it from May 2008 I would not be a fraction of the person I am now. I rarely use Secondlife now - though my character exists there at the 80's music club (or that's where I was when I was last in).

I learnt a lot about myself in second life and how to understand who I was and what I wanted. Eventually I bought that out to the real world and made myself whole. It was a hard time and put a lot of strain on my relationship with my wife - but in the end it was worth it as I am happier now and our relationship has grown stronger as I understand myself better and can deal with my internal pressures now.

In secondlife I had a job, a partner (who was female), a number of good friends. Before my first "departing" three of them got told the truth about who I was and why I was there. Two refused to speak to me again, one however carried on speaking to me until she left the game about a year ago.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I still play TDU2. Great driving game for him, great shopping game for her. I have a female avatar and love discovering and buying new outfits, then jumping in a fast open top car and and exploring the islands.

I've been spreading the word for years now, same as Katey 888! And what we are saying isn't to take away from the gaming it is simply don't let your life pass you by and have regrets. The worst will be what I Should've or Could've but for some reason just didn't. Dress and take pictures then you are living the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!