Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont think I can be any more out!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

Dont think I can be any more out!

Hey Guys,

Posted this message on my motorcycle clubs facebook page...

Guys,

Some of you may have been wondering why I've not been around for a while, there certainly is a reason and I'd prefer you heard it from me...

Cutting to the chase, I've developed a troubling propensity, nay compulsion to frock up! Not something I was expecting, not something I wanted and definitely not the midlife crisis I would have chosen. (I prefer the one where I get a convertible and a young blonde mistress). However that is what fate has dealt and I'm stuck with it.

It's not been easy, dark days, darker thoughts and for those of you with COPS access please read the story of my 'arrest for my own safety' courtesy of our colleagues in Tumut!!! And if anyone needs, I'm getting pretty good at plastering punch holes in walls!!!

Suffice to say I'm over the worst!!! I've got a good doctor, a good psychiatrist and a level of acceptance... Don't panic, I'm not showing up to the next ride in pink leathers, not trading the ST for a scooter nor am I riding pillion from here on, although I do accept I may never be able to parallel park ever again...

I'm not after sympathy, it's just I'm not the closeted type (pun intended) and I expect nothing from the club other than relentless piss takes, bad jokes and humour. Everyone knows!!! I was never really 'in' so the term 'out' is not relevant. Work is fine with it, security clearance remains intact. Friends are all cool, family all supportive.

It's been hard for my wife but she's come to realise there's no reason to worry... I'm not turning gay nor booking the next flight to Thailand. There are positives.... I'm not a pain shopping now, four hours in Myers is a treat!!! Now there's some acceptance I'm calmer, less moody and the walls are feeling safer!!!

For those that may ask.... Yes I go out (seahorse ball last year was the first time) yes I have found a number of 'fellow sufferers', yes there's a 'girl' name and yes 'she' has a Facebook page... Go find!!!

So, that's my story...

(For those with access to the other chapter pages, please repost....)

XXXXXXXX (although I guess a new nickname will be forthcoming!!!)

Now that's practically the english speaking world that now knows.... And not a bad word received!!! And to think I was still 'in the closet' and in a DADT with the wife as late as August last year... What will the next year bring???

Hugs,

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    God I love Australians. I hope a screenwriter for Sons Of Anarchy reads your post.

Blaze on, sister!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Hero Status - ACHIEVED

Damn, Donna. You've got balls! That was the best "coming out" story I've had the pleasure to read. Keep us updated on responses and feedback.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

Way to go Donna! Just remember synthetic fabrics and exhaust pipes do not mix well.

Wish I could justify these awesome lavender/grey leathers and boots i saw some years ago.

(Suzuki 850G, SV650)

Gone to live my life
    Hey Donna,

Well done and glad to see you are moving forward with integrating Donna into your male life. But I do think "pink leathers" would be quite fetching

Hugs and keep on being.

Isha

Really good for you Donna, you certainly don't do things by half's soo brave great coming out story, let us all know what happens next!

Michelle

Way to go Donna, very well written.
    Hugs

Donna, needless to say, you have the largest pair in the club.

fabulous, did they "get it"? "frocking up" is not the most obvious naming that a non-CD'er would understand
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Wow indeed! And you've had no negative comments? That is remarkable!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Great attitude, Donna. Especially the ".....and I expect nothing from the club other than relentless piss takes, bad jokes and humour....." line.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Way to go, Donna, and thank you for sharing this!

Good on you!

Wow. Great way of outing yourself to your club. I would reuse your post, with permission of course, but I don't believe people here would understand since I don't ride and nobody would know what "frocking up" is. In fact, I am still searching the dictionary to see what propensity means. How has the response been? I'm assuming it's been rather good. Anyway, thanks for sharing with us.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

You go girl - way to front up!! Thanks for sharing
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Crikey! Well done, Donna!

Let's just hope that this biker club of yours is nothing like the tribe featured in the Mad Max movies. That's some tough act to follow, unless you hop a ride over to Courtney Act's house on Priscilla's tour bus for some selfies...

Hey Donna,

Great post, loved it. Can you tell us the story of 'arrest for my own safety', I think many here would love to hear it.

Karen

Only Australians would do what you did.

I can not see a European casting his fate to the wind like that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Donna, your earlier posts leave no question in my mind that you are not one to do things half-hearted. It's all the way or nothing. Considering your history, the note to your motorcycle club is no big surprise. What it IS though is amazingly well written. Not that you ever had trouble writing a clear post, that's not the case at all. I am so impressed with the way you wrote about such a sensitive, personal matter to a group that is not likely to be the most understanding. If you don't mind, I want to save that in my file of things useful in my CD life.

The coincidence is strange.

I attended a ham radio club meeting last night wearing light makeup, my hair brushed out, underdressed, with a snug shirt. I heard one person compare me to a celebrity that is thought to be transitioning, one reference to my styled hair, and one question about surgery. I expected as much and it didn't bother me. I left the meeting thinking if/when/how I would make my public disclosure.

Then I saw your fine letter.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Way to go Donna! Have you tried riding your motorcycle in fishnet stockings yet? (You know you want to!)

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wow! You've really come a long way here, Donna. That is truly "owning it" ...

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Guys,

Many have asked for an indication of responses I've received from the group, there are quite a few but all along a similar vein to this from my chapter president.. (I've taken the liberty to remove some names etc, please forgive me)

...Firstly, let me commend you on your bravery and courage for not only speaking out on this, but for being true to yourself and your situation. This, as I know from experience, is not something that is easy to do, nor a discovery that can be taken lightly. While you're not coming 'out' in the 'traditional' sense, admitting publicly your own battle is the second hardest step after admitting it to yourself, so congratulations on this step towards complete health. As a fellow xxxxx, you have my utmost support during this time and I thank you for trusting us all with this. I am sure I speak for the majority of Xxxxxx when I say that you have our support, now and always. To xxxxxx, I also say well done on your bravery and courage for standing by your husband. Should you need anything also, please don't hesitate to reach out. Stand tall, speak true, RWP....

Or this from a close friend,

Mate, as always... we are here for support. Personally, I applaud your courage to face this head on and post what you said.

There is a reason I needed to let these guys know. Most are current Law Enforcement, all are good friends and many work closely with my agency. I would have hated it if any of them heard about 'me' from other sources remembering that my work had to be told or my ability to hold a national security clearance, an essential part of my employment would have been revoked.

And yes, I am really am an all in, 100mph, foot hard on the gas pedal character...

Thanks to all...

Hugs Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Platinum Member
    Yup. Your pretty much full out! Enjoy!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I say Lass good form good form and so on ,
    your people in the club are right stay your course and damn all the naysayers but now look don't be riding your bike side saddle now ,congrats on your announcement ,it does indeed take a lot of courage to tell others due to some of the ramifications others on the board have experienced and you are so lucky to have an s/o who is supportive .
    hugs and good luck phylis anne

Short of a personal message flashed up on the big screen at the MCG between overs (every over) at the World Cup final in a weeks time...

Or a 400 metre long banner with letters 5m high suspended beneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge saying the same....

I'd say you've done a good job Donna!

What an accepting bunch you Aussies appear to be - perhaps more of us should make a pilgrimage there to reinforce it with you..

Well done!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta