Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you crossdress?

Daniella Argento

Why do you crossdress?

I have been asked this question once or twice...
    I suspect we have all asked ourselves this question more than once.

For me it has to do with the fact that I feel more 'myself' dressed and that this creates a sense of well being.
    Sure the clothes themselves may be less physically comfortable than men's clothes (or not, depending on what you are wearing, your body shape etc) but the positive emotional response creates a physical sense of well being.

I have written in more detail here https://daniellaargento.wordpress.co...-imponderable/ if you want to get a better sense of my thoughts.

Why do YOU crossdress?
    Last edited by Danitgirl1; 03-20-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Banned Read only
    Women are sexy, there bodies are sexy, there clothes are sexy and enhance all of this. I love this, so to be as close to this as possible I love to crossdress. Dressed walking in heels with the weight and projections of big boobs is a real, real turn-on; it feels oh so good to take on the female gender and I have found nothing that even comes close. It stimulates all three sences, mental, physical and emotional. I'm going to put something on in the next five minutes!

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    "Why do you Crossdress" has got to be the eternal question we all ask ourselves, and we've been asked if we have a wife/girlfriend/SO.

For me it started out purely sexual, a fetish that developed exploring BDSM in my early 20's, but as I got older the sexual component faded into the background - it hasn't gone away, but it has faded! - now I do it because it makes me feel good; it feels "right," I get a sense of calmness, and, yes, well being.
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

The simple quick answer is that I look good as a woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wish that I did know why I love to crossdress. I think that it is a meaningful question in that how can we explain crossdressing to others if we do not understand it ourselves. I will say that it so much more than the clothing. Whenever I dress, I do my nails, I wear a wig, and use makeup. As I am fully dressed now, I just feel so euphoric and complete. As I wrote recently, it frightens me that I love to be like this.
    Love, Sabrina

I crossdress because it makes me feel so complete

The why I crossdress is something I've never really figured out.

But I really enjoy it and look forward to my next time I get the chance.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Because it's funnnnnnnnnnnn

I wish I knew !!
    I tried to answer this for decades before finally giving up and just enjoying being me. I no longer care why and I don't have an answer for anyone that might ask.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

(1)It is fun!
    (2)I make a very convincing female
    (3)It is relaxing

I really do enjoy the femininity of it. I love makeup and soft silky underthings. How sexy I feel..
    What a Long Strange trip its been :-)

When I started at a very young age the allure was sexual and tactile. The look and feel of women's clothing, especially lingerie was just mesmerizing for me. As I grew older I found that cross dressing made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

If I think about giving up cross dressing the overwhelming thought is that to do so would be to abandon much of myself.
    After cross dressing for many years it is an integral part of me. That's why I don't believe that cross dressing can be described as merely a hobby. I have had many hobbies over the years and giving one up is more like abandoning something superficial. Cross dressing is too deep and is part of the warp and weft of my person.
    Last edited by CONSUELO; 03-20-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: missing sentence

Short answer:
    It feels "right".

Longer answer:
    I have a 24/7 desire to be more feminine than masculine. Some of that desire can be satisfied through underdressing and imagination, and I employ those techniques every day. I occasionally have the opportunity to take it further, to dress in feminine clothing and makeup. That is when I have the least gender incongruity and greatest peace.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Platinum Member
    Are you asking in the philosophical sense, like why climb Mount Everest, or in the causal sense, as in what biological or experiential factors underlying the manifestation of cross dressing?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by cdterri View Post
    Because it's funnnnnnnnnnnn
    Me too!!!!! I always liked to dress up in whatever costume for costume parties (way before I ever even knew what crossdressing was about) and enjoyed playing the appropriate role to go with the costume. Well, this female role seems to have stuck quite well, to my lasting benefit.

My only answer is for some unknown reason I just feel a calm and peaceful feeling come over me. A relaxation and takes my worries away for a time. I flat out also enjoy just dressing and feeling the clothes, hose, heels and even my makeup gives me a satisfaction that's hard to explain.

I don't know why I cross dress but I just could not resist. Embracing it though makes me feel euphoric, at peace with myself and just want to have fun with it. I really hope I can stay like this forever.

Hi - I feel in calms me down - more now than just the initial eroticism which used to be the dominant feeling
    Jessie

Platinum Member
    Hi Dani, I've been in this program for 68yrs. . It's just who I am & It's just what I do and I'm having way too much fun.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Most of the answers here, in my opinion, answer a slightly modified version on why we dress which is more like "why do continue to dress?" We tend to answer the simple "Why?" with answers similar to "because it makes me feel good"; but those answers refer to the outcome of dressing and not really why?

I believe we are really trying to establish "why do we ever start CD'ing; what motivates us to do so in the very first place?"

I started CD'ing around age 4 and I have absolutely no idea what made me try on that first pair of my sisters tights? But, from that moment on I have continued to CD and have progressed through many of the phases a lot of us have described in all the other threads dealing with the BIG question "Why?"

I have pretty much given up on trying to answer the question and just accept the Popeye answer of "I ams what I am".

Have a great day all of you out there!

Hi NikiMichelle - that's a really good way of turning it around - the first time I tried anything was when I was around 7, I put on my friends balerinas outfit - it felt great, I looked good in it, and better yet she liked it - guess I have been trying to get back there ever since....
    Jessie

I'm still not sure if I purely want to crossdress or if I want to transition, so I guess my answer is tbc, although there is no denying there are loads more options and styles in the female sections of the shops!

One day it dawned on me...'why should the women have all the fun?'. Yeah male wear has it's fashionable aspects. But it is mostly limited to pants and shirts and shoes.
    However there are so many more avenues when it comes to the options that women have. Their options are endless.
    Besides...sometimes I just look and feel better en femme.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Hi all,
    I crossdress, h'm really cannot answer it. I do have female thoughts. Both side of my brain runs pretty balanced. I'm very creative. Had feminine thoughts all of my life. Crossdressed through out the years. I feel so comfortable. It enhances my senses and creativeness as getting fully dressed and putting makeup on is a creative experience. I am both male/female and I feel comfortable in either domain, however as a part time girl, I find it fulfilling to be a girl for a while.
    Part Time Girl

Because I enjoy my femme side. I don't really know,except it's part of who I am.