Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you crossdress?

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    `cause I have a closet full of cloths and heels .

Because i am sexy when i am dressed.

I like the way it feels, I like the way I feel when dressed. I like to wear things that are visually enjoyably, typically 'pretty'. I am less of a slob and less of a slug when i dress. I feel more social. I like to disassociate myself with the nastier/dumber/jerkier things men typically do or are associates with.

Even when doing 'guy' stuff: home repair, car repair, 'macho' pastimes: flying, hard exercise, the 'unmentioned topic', etc., I prefer to do it either among females, or in a some measure of femininity. It adds dimension to the activity- more mindfulness. For me, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg

I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why he is a tigger, he just is a tigger.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I was hoping to find the answer as to why I crossdress in this thread. So far no luck. Keep trying girls and if you figure it out please let me know. Like many others I have pondered this question a lot and finally gave up and accepted that I have not figured out why I like sherbert ice cream, brockley, rare steaks, NFL football and crossdressing. Its just something that is part of who I am. I accept it.

I just hope I don't get caught steaming brockley by people who know me. Could be hard to explain.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I gave up trying to answer that question along time ago

Wow Alice, I don't know who to feel the sorriest for, your dad or his three kids? My dad wasn't around hardly at all, but I'm pretty sure that he was glad that I was a son. But with three daughters, I guess he was probably looking for me to be male one way or another. he's gone and I doubt if he ever knew of my eccentricity and didn't have to deal with that.

Because when I am not dressed the desire and need is always there!! Without dressing I am not complete.

gendermutt: I like the thought of connecting your inside with your outside. Like some fibrous tendons are needed that have been neglected or ignored for years. LOL

Sometimes Miss: I have to wonder how much more further along you would have been in your acceptance of yourself had not you believed that 'God had made a mistake." It's already bad enough having to deal with CD tendencies and acceptance, without having to deal with being "God's mistake.", if you still believe in that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-22-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

It's fun and an experience that cannot be described.
    I just can't quit doing it!

For me it's the transformation from male to female and the feeling of contentment when its all done.

1. Some of us need an alternative reality...

2. There is something warped in my gender structure that makes me seek escapism in the process of appearing feminine...

3. That same incremental quirk that complements my masculine side then allows me to feel happy and contented about myself and my appearance in my new guise...

Maybe...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Having recently come to the conclusion that I have Aspergers which can give you a heightened sense of touch and other senses the good feel of the clothing seems to increase the pleasure of the feel. The smooth leather feel of a womans shoe feel so much better to me than what we would call a neurotypical person normal if you wish. So for me, it feels good, really good, both physically and emotionally.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

Aspiring Member
    I will only speak from experience here.

At the tactile level certain fabrics appeal much to me, plus the way some garments hug me and move on me.
    Then there's also the issue of looking and feeling pretty (to give my own image a boost, and likely some degree of confidence). The change in gait and the flow of fabric are considerable factors here.

When presenting as male I survive on identical looking shirts (and city names being a massive running gag) and jeans, so I guess the wider variety and form-fitting silhouettes in women's fashion also appeals to me.
    Perhaps in presenting as female I am able to emulate if not acquire physical characteristics I find desirable in women.
    I have caught myself wanting to look like attractive women I have seen, many times. Perhaps it is self reinforcing at worst. Heck I have even said "I wish I were prettier" out loud.
    Needless to say escapism plays a massive role in this, though I don't consider the proverbial closet an EXIT door.

Some less savory reasons on my part appear to include being considered girly, failing to live up to unusually high notions of 'being a man', identifying with the girls while in primary school and a general disinterest in the boorishness that eventually became an infectious disease among boys growing up. And then there are things that I hide even from myself...

I dress for many reasons.
    I love the feeling of the clothes, the panties, the bras, the outfits, the weight of the breast forms on my chest. The art of makeup and transforming in front of my own eyes. The hair and how it feels around my face and on my shoulders. How the makeup smells, the body wash, the perfume..

How 5-6" stilletos make me walk. How long French nails look and make me hold things and do things differently

How great feeling and being feminine is. How I look head to toe!

Most importantly, how at peace I feel . The stress and racing mind of my day to day, simply melts away.

OverTheStarlight: I have so many of the same reasons for dressing that you do. I agree with your experience.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Q. Why do I crossdress?
    A. 1. For fun
    2. Peace of mind
    3. To fulfill an overwhelming need

why do i CD
    because if i did not it would be beer and wild women, this way i dont have the money to do the rest

Because I like it, all of it, heels, hose, dresses, cosmetics, painted nails, besides it is just so much fun.

Because it makes me feel feminine. I adore feeling feminine!

Because it's the closest I can get to being a girl.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

At the age of three or four I wanted to wear the clothes that girls wore and have long hair with a ribbon. Girls clothes looked and felt much nicer than the rougher materials of boys clothes. Now I can wear them and project the right image for me.

Because women's clothes feel and look so good. The softness of a silk blouse, a skirt and a pair of stockings combined with the sexy look of high heels...it still makes me feel like I'm in heaven

I x-dress because I feel better when I am dressed as a woman. I love the snugness of my bra, I love the feel of my nylon panties, I love the silkiness of my stockings, I love how I feel when I wear a skirt, blouse, make-up, high heels and everything else a woman wears. I have been doing this all my life. If I could, I would trade my maleness for femininity in a "New York minute"

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Mostly because thats who I am.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.