Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you crossdress?

I gave up a few years ago trying to figure out why, all I know is that it's my favourite time of the week when I get to dress up and do my make up

I hate to do it, I just lost a bet.

It enhances the girl in me that so want to get out. And it just makes me feel good.
    Angie

Like many others the Genesis of the urge is a mystery. Started so young that maybe my mind was still evaluating the world sans established gender norms.

Why do I continue? Who doesn't want everything life can offer? Who orders up the same thing to eat every single morning? Plus it's interesting to walk a mile in "her" heels. I didn't know how hard it would be to stand and do the dishes in heels. While looking for friends in other places I received unwanted unsolicited advances of a sexual nature. So that was an eye opener. Was that why I started again after so many years of denying I liked it? No.

I can't nail down if it's just a taboo breaking thing or a tactile thing or perhaps power exchange dynamic. I know I don't feel more "myself", but I do feel good. I've wondered if the calm is potentially the relief of holding off and finally getting dressed.

Anyway, hope that makes sense.

Banned Read only
    I have never been interested in the "Why". For whatever the "Why" might be, I doubt it would have any bearing on my dressing over the last 15 years.

DeeAnn

Ha that's what I was going to say
    It would be a total waste of a great pair of legs

Truthfully, I feel like its a way to connect with my inner feminine self
    It's like a light switch that flips on when the makeup is all done and the wig goes on
    It's an escape from the mundane day to day existence where I can go and be 'myself'
    Then, pack it all up in a bag until the next On my way!

Actually I have no idea why I am compelled to dress, it's just a part of me

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Why not?

Like Nadine has said,

Why Not?

This was my reply to other cross dress questions in the past.

Some posters have changed their views since this same question was asked back in March 2012.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 03-21-2015 at 12:01 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Because way back when, at about the time they call the age of reason, it dawned upon me that I could not follow the path of my mother or aunts as I had assumed I could. But rather I was required to follow the path of my fathers and uncles. While not a prospect I relished it was the only alternative "back in the day". Or suffer dire consequences. Cross dressing returns me to that path I was not able to take based on the insistence of the social order. And that is why it feels good, is a marvelous delight and allows me to truly be me for just a little while. Oh, and did I mention the clothes are prettier and feel nicer

Alice

I gave up trying to figure out why a long time ago. It's just who I am.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Having grown up being told that god had made a mistake, and that I was really supposed to be a girl, I made it one of my goals to be as much like a girl as I could; I prayed every day, oh, I prayed oh so hard. I was certain that god would fix me if I was only good enough. I saw how much girls focused on their appearance, their clothes, their hair, etc.. I wanted so desperately to be a pretty girl, not the ugly boy that I was. And I loved wearing my older sister's discarded clothing as she outgrew it all. The conditioning went on for many years, at an age where our personalities are still developing. By the time I reached high school, the damage was done; I only feel normal when dressed as a girl, the rest of the time it feels like i'm in a 'boy' costume, playing the part of a normal, standard issue male, for all the world to see, while hiding my real self, knowing that well over 90% of the population considers me a pervert, a freak.
    So why do I still dress up as a girl as often as I can? Easy. Because that's how I feel most comfortable. It may never be considered normal, but it's normal for me.

If you really want to know, click the link at the bottom of my sig, and read my bio. It will explain the makings of a crossdresser, or, 'How to irreversibly turn a normal boy into a crossdresser and ruin his life'. A cautionary tale, indeed.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 03-21-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    I don't know why I crossdress and I suspect most crossdressers don't know either, even if they try to answer the question.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I crossdress because some moron, years ago, put a fork in the road of acceptable attire based on genetic gender and I think it was wrong.

And, I really like having boobies!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I gave up trying to figure it out .All i know is that i like it and realy don't want to stop at this point
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Gone to live my life
    WHAT?!!! I'm a cross dresser? . . . and here I thought I was a guy with a great sense of style.

All kidding aside though, I stopped trying to figure it out as it was getting me nowhere, so I just accepted it and have been quite content with that decision.

Hugs

Isha

I really cannot explain it. Part of it is leaving my lonely, drab, stark, unwanted maleness for a mini vacation , into an oasis of wow! Sometimes Miss, My dad wanted all daughters, after my sister was the firstborn, but he got three sons, who he resented all his life, wishing he had all daughters. Maybe one reason.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 03-21-2015 at 11:32 AM.

In the beginning , it was something new and I've never been one to shy away from that. Then it was slightly fetish as there can be millions of looks by changing your hair, makeup, clothing articles and what not. The softness and style of much of the clothing and shoes that are to die for. I see so many women that seem to care so little about their appearance and it may not be polite, but some could learn a few things from CDs. Boiling it down, it makes me feel good to look good and CDing is the thing that accomplishes that( at least to me)
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I guess I dress because I need to feel the connection with my femininity that hides deep inside, I dress like a rugged guy most of my life.... so, when Jessica wants out... it gives me the sense of freedom!!! the stockings, bras, dresses skirts, soft flowing blouses.....it sparks a sense of vulnerability in me that is almost intoxicating!!! I will dress and go about my business as usual around the house all day long when I know I'm going to be alone all day.
    "Life is Always a Bed of Roses........ Sometimes it's All Flowers, and Other Times, It's All Thorns!!!!"

Luv, Jessica XOXO

ha ha you just made me laugh out loud, i loved that comment! xxx

sorry this was meant to be a reply to Isha's last post, i messed it up somewhat though! x

in truth i guess i mostly would be considered as crossdressing but for me i feel i am on a journey to get to the place where my transition can really start to take momentum.

I feel inside i am feminine, i am a woman and it makes me feel natural and happy to be feminine. I just want to be accepted as the woman i aspire to be. So i guess i crossdress in the opposite way to an actor dressing to help them get into character. I crossdress to come out of character and stop pretending and just be myself! xxx
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-21-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts please read the rules about multiposting

It makes me feel good when I dress. That is reason enough

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    It makes me feel good when I dress. That is reason enough
    can't agree with you more Alice, go girl! You are fabulous <3

Fun, sexual fetish, like look of myself in mirror, like tight clothes and feel of them, relaxing and stress relief, but does it really matter anyway why you do it. I dont wonder why i do other hobbies, i do it because i like it and if i dont like it i stop doing it.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

I suspect that I dress for some of the same reasons GG's do. I feel confident, sexy and it feels completely natural. On the other hand, wearing guy clothing makes me feel insecure, unsure and unnatural. And oh. Fun.

Because I like female clothes more than man clothes.

At age 17 I had my first feeling of wanting to be her instead of doing her. I still do not know why this happens and likely never will. Why do I do it now? it connects me. My inside becomes further connected to my outside. I do not know how else to describe it. When that happens a feeling of calm and relaxation occurs. It is not a matter of wearing mens clothing which is wrong for me, but of wearing women's clothing which feels right for me.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned