Thread: A small breakthrough of sorts

A small breakthrough of sorts

Well, last week I got the OK from my wife to attend this month local (relatively speaking) CD/TV club meeting in the city. It was a bit awkward. I asked her what she thought the chances where of me being able to get together with some like minded individuals. She asked where and wanted to know why this was coming up now. I told her it's been with me for years but only now can I act on these......feelings, thoughts (urges even?). I can't really explain them or know what to call them. I had mixed feelings then....excited but also depressed/apprehension as to how she is taking this. She said "do whatever", which we all know can mean a number of things. She didn't ask how I would be dressed or when I would be leaving the house, I'll planned to just roll with that when the day came. The kids had already been told they may have to remain on their rooms while I get ready and depart as I think their mom will not want them to see me. The kids, by the way, are ok with this.
    However, mother nature had other plans and us poor Nova Scotians got dumped on again. Second storm in three days, on top of the mutilate of Nor'easter we have endured this winter, so no trip into the city. Don't know when the next opportunity might be. When it does come, I planning on just (I know this may be contentious and stir up debate) letting her know I'll be off to "that meeting" on that day.
    M.
    Some of my thoughts on crossdressing at http://themichelleinme.wordpress.com/
    A repository of Michelle photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/14176339@N04/

Michelle,
    Be positive your wife may be weakening her stance and becoming more accepting.

Here's hoping.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Great news...what a beautiful collection of pictures on Flicker...You look great and have such a showing of confidence!
    Fortuneta

I don't know whether this will help your cause, Michelle, but just being able to share face-to-face with another CDer, the puzzling conundrums and the conflicts, confusion and implausibility of why we find this a right and pleasurable thing to do, was a help for me, simply because few other people are likely to understand any aspect of why we feel this need at all! And I think like anything, a 'problem' shared is a problem halved - goodness know that few other people will be prepared to listen and accept unconditionally, and I think that's what all of us really need and find here to a great extent...

I hope the weather improves and opens that window of opportunity for you soon - and you get the chance to take your awesome collection of outfits into the vanilla world... or a few anyway... (great collection of pics too - I'm envious of how far back you've obviously been doing some super transformations... )

I don't think your plan is too contentious - keep the channels open and fingers crossed...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

What a great collection of photos. Id love to know your secret to tucking, the exercise photos were amazing, it's an issue for me. I'm also from the east coast. I assume by the city that you're speaking of Halifax. Someday Id love to attend a gathering of us like minded ladies. My SO, with my permission, recently told her bff about me, she lives in the city and we are hoping to do a ladies night this summer.

Blasted winter weather!!!!! I feel your pain at the lost opportunity:-(

I dunno about leaving it up to the last minute next time though. I don't think that a day or two's notice would be unreasonable of a thing for her to expect. Whether it involves CDing or not, any time that I'm planning an evening out, I always try to make sure that my wife knows, just out of courtesy, and because of our advanced ages, our memories have lapses...But that's just me and my own situation, so please don't think I'm trying to advise you on yours:-)

I will add, though, that this small(HUGE) step that you've taken is wonderful, but it's best not to push it too much in these early days. Maybe even spend an evening out with your wife doing something together before the next chance?

Good going!!! And good luck!

Jaye
    Last edited by JayeLefaye; 03-21-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

I wish my wife would be more accepting! I first told her about "Jessica" she almost had a nervous break-down!!! I see a "shrink" to "help" me with my issues...Funny, seems all of us here see a counselor?!?!? I feel like two completely separate minds! I don't plan on sending Jessica away anytime soon, quite the contrary!!! I want her out even more!! I am getting much braver with my stepping out! if my wife would just help me transform, life would be soooo much easier! I have started hanging Jessica's clothes in my side of the closet... she hasn't said anything "yet"! small steps..... we'll see where it goes!!!! this has been one heck of a ride!!!
    "Life is Always a Bed of Roses........ Sometimes it's All Flowers, and Other Times, It's All Thorns!!!!"

Luv, Jessica XOXO