Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doing male tasks while en femme?

doing male tasks while en femme?

It was my day to dress today. I had to glue and clamp a drawer that came apart and some carpentry work on my wardrobe, I had panties and a T-shirt on. LOL I had to use a circular saw and my drill and screw gun, measure and glue things with wood glue. This was the best I was going to be en femme. I am now in a nice skirt and blouse. Does anybody else work around the house doing male work while en femme?
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    I'll beat Reine to the punch and ask what makes a male task? I remodeled a bathroom en femme. Coincidentally, she did the same around the same time.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I usually don't do any welding or use my saws in my dresses but often work around the house in bra and panties and if it's cold panty hose. Makes me feel I can be feminine but still not destroy any of my outfits. It is fun wearing a full dress and makeup out to the shop while I piddle..... Gotta be old to know what that word means... Lol

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'll beat Reine to the punch and ask what makes a male task? I remodeled a bathroom en femme. Coincidentally, she did the same around the same time.
    The majorty... Well 75%+ of members here grew up in the 50's when gender roles where more defined within society. I just finished rebuilding a sled engine for one of my friends in with a tank top and a pair of cut offs under my coveralls. Does that make me more of a man or a woman? Neither it just makes me, me although I do miss my upper body strength...

"It is what it is"
    As Dana's SO, I have to say it was quite intriguing seeing him (her? I can't get used to that yet) doing what many people consider "masculine" tasks while wearing lace panties & a t-shirt. I can enjoy the view while not have to think about whether it was en drab or en femme.

Yes, but I never give it much thought.

Climbing around inside the roof in a skirt is not really practical.

I have been caught doing this on ocasions without thinking.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kim hit the nail on the head, with a feminine hammer, hehe.
    A task, job, hobby, what have you, is something people do, so dress
    as you feel. If its messy, go to a thrift store, buy cheap clothes you like, and get down and dirty.
    But smile and have fun, oh and stop looking at yourself and get back to work.
    Hugs

not wanting to spoil my femme clothes which are less robust, I'll mostly change to the man things, simply as a protective measure. Normally doing gardening work i get very muddy but yesterday i was digging the veg patch in jeggings - not a single bit of mud on me ... hmmn being fem-careful works!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I have been renovating a rental house. I'm as en femme as I can be.
    Been doing heavy landscape work. Also some window moulding and exterior painting.
    Jeans, tee shirt, tennis shoes and leather gloves to protect my shiny nails.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Gone to live my life
    Hi Dana,

I have done things around the house which could be seen as stereotypically male while dressed but it is normally in the same type of clothes I would wear "en boy" . . . jeans, t-shirt/top, boots and no make-up or minimalistic (lip gloss, mascara). This is because "for me" getting my complete girl on would not make sense any more than my wife putting on a skirt and make-up while helping me with renos.

Point in case, yesterday I had the unfortunate task of dealing with a clogged septic tank filter. I happened to be dressed for hanging around the house (yoga pants, top, wig, no make-up). I saw the water pooling, put on a jacket, rubber boots, work gloves . . . dug up the access point, opened the septic take, donned rubber gloves, removed the filter, cleaned it, put the access panel back on, and reburied. Went back in the house, removed jacket, boots and gloves, washed hands (naturally ) then went back to relaxing. For me it was not about being "girly" doing this . . . it was just something that had to be done. My wife had a bit of a chuckle though when she looked outside and saw me reaching into the septic tank in yoga pants

Hugs

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 03-21-2015 at 07:12 AM.

I had to solder/repair some pipes in the basement. I wore my panties, girl jeans, bra, and an older t-shirt. No wig! My front kept getting in the way, so the bra came off. Safety first!

I like to do my chores in a skirt (at the very least) when the kids are not at home.

Banned Read only
    A couple of years ago, I installed a wood shelving and drawer kit in our master bedroom closet. My wife gave me full occupation of it as it is difficult for her to access it from her wheelchair. Most of the days I worked on it, I wore outdoors/hiking type clothes: short denim skirt, light sweater or sweatshirt, tights, bra and forms. I enjoyed it, but it was an odd experience turning around and having my boobs bump into things...

DeeAnn

High heels are no good in the workshop. Having Pockets for small tools and hardware is a real help, which rules out a lot of girl clothes.
    Last edited by Jackie7; 03-21-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Reality Check
    We really shouldn't think of tasks as being "male" or "female". There's no good reason a person with a vagina and breasts can't glue a drawer back together.

That said, I normally do carpentry work dressed in my male work clothes. I don't want to get my female clothes and wig dirty. If I'm working outside, on the car or in the shop, it's most likely as a male. Once in a while as a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana44 View Post
    ...I had panties and a T-shirt on. LOL I had to use a circular saw and my drill and screw gun, measure and glue things with wood glue.
    Is it just me or can you only imagine bad things happening running around with a circular saw while wearing only panties and a t-shirt???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I quite often fix things in Femme Kind of a nice change even have done oil changes in my garage with door open put coveralls over say panties & Bra and being nervous wondering if any neighbor will stop by I have a few Woman neighbors that have talked my ear off glad I was not dressed when it happened it would have all over where I live. They seem to enjoy talking with me maybe because I have a Fem side I guess.

I've done that many times. I stripped a ceiling of peeling paint, did the repairs and painted, all while in a jeans skirt, woman's T shirt and low heals. I felt so comfortable doing it, it was almost fun.

GG/SO of a CD
    KIMDL Beat me to it.

But I will chime in anyway. I can be resident feminist GG today. I don't think there are truly and male tasks and female tasks. But that is coming from a GG who knows how to do stuff on her own car, take apart the sink, and fix the toilet. All by my little lonesome.

I also have my own drill and my own tool box. But I guess that makes me masculine then.
    ~Greenie

Supportive wife to a wonderful man who just so happens to like to be fabulous some times.

Sara Jessica,
    In answer to your question. With a circular saw, very carefully.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Is it just me or can you only imagine bad things happening running around with a circular saw while wearing only panties and a t-shirt???
    Now I have to clean coffee off the monitors! In a skirt and heels. The last time I operated a circular saw to rip wood for mounting a window AC unit I insisted on a calf length dress and sensible low heeled boots with a block heel for stability.

If I did laundry today it would be in the above mentioned skirt and heels. Tomorrow when it is far more likely to get done it will happen in shorts and a t-shirt. But then laundry has been my territory longer than dresses and skirts have.
    Last edited by Jason+; 03-21-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Kara Zor-El
    If I am doing housework, whether considered masculine or feminine, I usually am in a skirt/blouse/heel combo. When replaced a toilet it was Tool Girl all the way!!

I doubt I would ever do any bull work en femme but I have done things like shoveling snow, changing oil in my car, changing a flat tire, painting walls, servicing my washer and dryer, all while wearing my girl jeans with a sweater or jersey top.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jason+ View Post
    Now I have to clean coffee off the monitors! In a skirt and heels. The last time I operated a circular saw to rip wood for mounting a window AC unit I insisted on a calf length dress and sensible low heeled boots with a block heel for stability.

If I did laundry today it would be in the above mentioned skirt and heels. Tomorrow when it is far more likely to get done it will happen in shorts and a t-shirt. But then laundry has been my territory longer than dresses and skirts have.
    Sorry about your monitor Jason. You just can't imagine that visual ending well, huh???

And you know what they say about power tools and loose fitting clothing. Be careful out there!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

i have before, it makes it fun.