Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your femme clothes reflect what you find attractive on a woman?

i actually wanted to transition back when i was young but something major got in the way of that plan and sadly it was all pushed to the hidden depths for many years. In more recent times i started my intention to transition, i don't intend to just stop at crossdressing. But i do crossdress still, it makes me relaxed and i can feel more like myself when i am wearing the kind of clothes that i enjoy most and the clothes that i believe i should have always been wearing all my life.

I am not sure that i actually always wear appropriate clothing for me. I know i should pay more consideration to my age nowadays but i often dress in the way i feel i have missed out on. So i guess i am often dressing in the way a younger woman would. Hopefully most of the time i do actually pull it off, after all i am very young at heart.

I am always looking at other women when i am out and about and i am always thinking when i really like how they are dressed for them that maybe it could work for me too, so i try out styles and particular clothing based on what i have seen working so well for women i see.

I guess i am really still going through a trial and error process that seems to have been going on forever while i try to lock down my own personal style and look.

My choice is what I think looks good on me. But then when I dress I am a woman

My wife would not look as good in a skater skirt as I do and a skater skirt does not look that good on me either these days.

I keep my secret wishes firmly under wraps.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Agreed.

Over my years of progressing further into my dressing hobby, I have taken huge inspiration from what I find attractive on other women. Everything that I have learned along the way has come from observation, and striving to replicate it. There have even been plenty of times where I initially thought that I didn't like a certain garment, look, or style, until I saw it done properly on a woman. Then after taking in what I saw, and tried it myself, I ended up liking it.

I'm not going to get into my feelings about how my SO dresses, because I tend to get all bent about it... But, I will say that a fair part of my dressing definitely helps to fill a hole that exists because we have such an other-worldly different opinion on clothing and appearance.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

have to say though Tracy, your appearance is gorgeous <3
    Last edited by Katey888; 03-21-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: No need to quote entire previous post...

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I don't think it does for me my style is my style and I tend to be a younger style than my age but also like a conservative more traditional dress.
    I really want my wife also to have her style and I would like to think I can be helpful for her in that sense I've got a pretty good eye for fashion

yes i think i can see where you are coming from there Leigh, i think that's kind of the same deal with me as far as dressing goes, well said.
    Last edited by je55ie; 03-21-2015 at 07:04 PM. Reason: site wont let me see my own profile, 2 out of 8 posts edited and i cant contact a mod direct, why every so restrictive?

The clothes I buy are mostly the clothes I also like to see a girl wearing, especially overknee socks and short skirts

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    My style is what I like. My wife will give me her opinion if she thinks it looks good or not. My wife has her style and I do the same for her. We keep each other our best.

i suppose it does. What I find attractive I also feel I want to wear, or be, so yes, I guess.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I have never tried to imitate my wife's dressing style. She has always chosen to wear slacks and tops rather than dresses and skirts. She never wears heels or high-heeled boots. It is only occasionally that she dresses up in totally feminine outfits, usually for formal family gatherings.

Aspiring Member
    Q1: I'd be lying if I attempted to deny that; despite my preference for them strapless dresses are far from modest by local standards. I try to choose what looks good on me (and isn't out of style) though. Cuteness hasn't been that much a factor. That said, while I find women in short shorts attractive, I would fail at pulling those shorts off myself.

Q2: I am still single. (Tries to laugh nervously) I admit that because I wish to have the freedom to dress and present however the heck I like, I'd be indifferent to how my potential GF would dress.

Q3: Definitely, but I have yet to reach a stage of overdoing it as of now.

Well, I didn't seriously start cross dressing until after my wife passed away unexpectedly. But when I go out as Ceera, I do dress nicer than my wife used to dress on the average. My wife didn't wear much jewelry and she favored casual, practical clothes. She certainly had a few nice outfits and good taste in clothes for most of the time we were married. But over the years as she put on weight, fewer and fewer of the nice things in her closet fit her, and she didn't want to buy nice clothes for her larger size - she hoped to lose that weight again, but just never quite managed to do so.

I now have a much nicer array of feminine clothes than she ever had, and very little of that is casual or grungy stuff. Wish fulfillment, though? I would not say so. More like my feminine self does have her own personal sense of style, and I like to dress well. My daughter still asks my advice on fashion, because she knows I have a good eye for feminine clothes.

I think if I find a new feminine companion, be she a GG or a CD, I would like it if she dresses as nicely as Ceera does. But it wouldn't bother me if she preferred to wear pants and other unisex or drab clothes - as long as she allows me to occasionally enjoy my pretty dresses and skirts!

My second ex wife asked me this same question and I lied. Because I dress a bit ****y and she asked if that's how I thought women should dress, of course I said no. But that was before I met my "other half" my true femme self, whatever you want to call it and got more into" pretty" or classy dressing and now I am having a hard time shopping

My wife does. She's always stealing my clothes, lol.

Of course, dresses and shine soft materials like satin-silk and transparent materials they are so hot and feminine that is what every woman should wear and we

I'm going to give this one a simple YES

I agree 100%, my style is exactly what I find attractive in women, which makes me feel great when I look in the mirror

100% I always buy what I see them wearing and find attractive.
    Part of the time I want the woman and what she's wearing! lol

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Actually, yes.
    I like see-through blouses, wife does not.
    I wear stockings, wife does not.
    I wear heels, wife does not.
    I wear jewelry, wife does not.
    I like short skirts and semi-sheer long skirts, wife wears slacks.
    I wear suits, wife wears slacks with a sweater.
    I wear perfume, wife seldom has perfume on.
    I have longline bras, wife does not.
    My bras have plenty of lace, wife’s bras are plane.
    I wear pink lipstick, wife wears boring red.
    I wear ribbons in my hair, wife does not.
    But then my wife helps to dress me so I “pass”.
    I think my wife thinks of me as a “doll” she can dress, just as little girls dress play dolls.
    Hey, it works for both of us.
    She’s happy to dress me and I’m happy being dressed.
    She says she’d rather be looking at a nice looking woman than a man in a dress.

To a degree they do, but there are a lot of clothes I like on women that I can't make work for me. I'm also older so some styles just don't look right at this age, even though I like them on women half my age.

Still, I know that in the early years of my marriage I did buy my wife clothes I liked but they were always too girly, frilly, and feminine for her. I finally realized, with some chagrin, that I couldn't live out my desires by trying to turn her into my ideal of what a woman should dress like. She is who she is and I love her. She has a different, more practical style, like many here have already described. She has her own insecurities about how she looks compared to other women and maybe even my own style.

Like Cheryl (below), My tastes are quite different from my wife's. For instance I can walk all day in heels and she doesn't own one pair. What's interesting is that as I've expanded my dressing it's made her look at how she dresses. We joked the other day when I was working from home and all dressed up with jewelry, etc., that I probably dressed better at home than many women do to go to work! (she went off to work in black jeans, sweater, and low shoes, with matching gemstone necklace and earrings) But then this is the only place and time I have to look and feel pretty.

Gypsy

Hi Niki,
    My SO does dress when we go out. Her dress style is nice, yet mine is far different. She does wear jewelry and a nice dress. I like high heels, like six inches, with a pencil skirt or a short skirt. She likes spikes, I like the wider heels. I have long hair, she has shorter hair. She say's that my style is very different than hers. However, she looks dressed well when we go out. I think that I do not blend well. But hey, why should I. If I look like a fine bitch, then be it.
    Part Time Girl

My SO always looks very nice and takes pride in what she wears, i on the other hand wnat to look like a well dressed women at all times in stockings and nice heels, my dress style is always very femmine, if i could choose if i had an endless budget i would have a closet full of very stylish ladies cloths with a trend to high end fashion from the 40's and 50's

Ideally, I think what I would LIKE to wear reflects what I find attractive but in practical terms, I'm just not suited for shorter skirts, heels, etc. I think all of us who are happily married would like our spouses to wear what we find attractive.

Lacy PJs

Not at all.
    My choice of attire is strictly what I feel good wearing and what I feel looks good on me. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I feel may look good on someone else or what I would like to see my wife wearing. She has her style and likes and so do I.
    As for what might look good on another woman, well yes, I do use that as a guide so to speak. I see what women my age and build are wearing and use my judgment of their appearance to help tailor my style more quickly than the old buy/try/return system I used when I was younger.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !