Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your femme clothes reflect what you find attractive on a woman?

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar

Do your femme clothes reflect what you find attractive on a woman?

Do you secretly wish your SO would dress the way you do? Is your dressing a form of wish fulfillment?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Interesting thought. But my own preference with clothes is kind of narrow. I like classy sophisticated clothes. Currently in the middle of a divorce. Women I like can dress any way that suits them and their body and style.

My style borders on conservative and moderately modest. I am a 72 year old TG woman, and the majority of my clothing states that.

Bobbi

some of it yes - stockings etc, some of it, no, it's what I feel suits me. A big "yes" is wearing more dresses/skirts, not the style just the form of clothing - i.e. like WG in short skirts, me in knee-length skirts (actually I do like the mini at the right time/occasion too!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Yes, I think there's something in this. I love it when my wife wears feminine clothes, particularly dresses, tights/hose and heels. Unfortunately, it's not that often, but I find that booking a nice restaurant and gently suggesting she wears that nice dress I bought her does the trick! Plus giving her lots of compliments.

What do I like dressing in? Feminine clothes like dresses, tights/hose and heels of course! I tend to dress in clothes that I would buy for her (my own though, as she's three sizes smaller than me).

I wouldn't bother dressing if I couldn't wear dresses, tights/hose and heels.
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 03-21-2015 at 04:31 AM.

My style is my own and my wife has her style. I dress in a way that makes me feel good about myself. I have no wish for her to dress like me.

Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nikki,

I have a specific sense of style when it comes to women's fashion and I would be lying if I said that sense did not initially come from seeing other women dressed a particular way. However, over time it has evolved and to some degree it shares common likes with my wife's fashion sense (we both like casual tops and jeans) and in some ways it does not (I like dresses and skirts more than my wife does). Do I wish she would dress more like me? Well she is 75 percent of the way there already but I also know she is not comfortable in dresses (unless it is for a special event) so I don't have any issues with that anymore than she has with me wearing skirts and dresses in casual settings.

Hugs

Isha

Do your femme clothes reflect what you find attractive on a woman?
    Yes. (Because to answer otherwise would imply something very odd...)

Do you secretly wish your SO would dress the way you do
    Errrmm... If I told you it wouldn't be a secret wish would it?

Is your dressing a form of wish fulfillment?
    Isn't that obvious...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I suppose yes to some extent - but I wear what looks good on me (and not what looks good on a super model) same for my SO she wears what she thinks looks good on her

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki, Absolutely, I have three closets full of all kinds of fashions , When I see a particular lovely outfit on a lady
    I make a mental note and try to copy that look in my next dressing session.

O'yes I wish that my wife of 51yrs. would dress up in some of my lovely outfits,
    She never wants to dress up she's just a jeans & pull over shirt kind of lady, But I loveher dearly
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sort of ... our body types are different, so she couldn't dress the way I do. But I wish she'd dress more feminine at times. She's almost always in jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers.

For the last couple of years, I've started researching her body type, and when we go shopping, suggest some tops that suit her and are more feminine, yet staying in her comfort zone. I think she likes that little attention from me. I KNOW she liked it when I helped pick out her new dress and shoes for our daughter's wedding!

Like many have said, when I see an attractive woman in a nice outfit, I look for similar clothing. My wife is usually in jeans but she does like to wear feminine tops. She looks dynamite in a dress or skirt, but she rarely wears them. I wear skirts all the time, I guess I would classify my style as feminine casual. I love my wife and she has great taste in clothes.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Platinum Member
    Simply put, no. I certainly learned how to put things together from my wife, but I'd don't dresses as a proxy for her and I like her sense of style. Where we differ is in our coloring. I'm a blue eyed blonde and tan easily. She's a red head with brown eyes and a bit lighter skinned.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    I wear what I think looks best on me. I don't secretly wish my wife would dress like me but I do wish she would wear a skirt once in a while.

Only for myself, no one else.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

While I do not dress in the same style as my fiancee, my fiancee dresses quite feminine. In ten years together I have only seen her in pants once and capris maybe five times. Other than that, she wears dresses or skirts which I truly appreciate. I dress more in a more formal manner than she does, more LBDs and cocktail dresses.

Banned Read only
    I dress the way my wife does. I never secretly wish anything about her as I talk to her instead.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    For me its just me and how I want to dress.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I buy my wife the same style heels, dresses and skirts that I wear. Same brand and shade of pantyhose too. Often the heels and dresses are identical. So I would say, yes, it's a form of wish fulfillment, and it is often fulfilled. But it's not secret!

90% no, 10% yes. I don't think my dressing has anything to do with how I think women should dress or what I find attractive on women.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 03-21-2015 at 11:58 AM.

While I would love to see more women dressing in the same style as me, if there were too many then I'd technically be blending and that would never do!

Yes. I wish that more women would wear stockings, pantyhose, boots and the like, but I realize that not everyone likes that sort of thing.

Kara Zor-El
    My wife was known as the "bag lady dresser" (all in fun by friends) but after a few years with me she had borrowed a lot from my style. In fact she once recommended to a friend to date a cd/tg (just awesome isn't it!!!). Though it is highly noticeable that her wardrobe drastically changed given people's comments, no one suspects I am the "sorceress" behind the wardrobe magic. Most of the time however, it's jeans and a t-shirt buy I don't mind. Anyway, she does borrow my feminine clothes a lot without asking like for work and church, so in some ways does dress the way I do, so I do feel like I accomplished something and it is nice to see.

I never had a steady SO or wife, but, yes, my choice of dress, reflects on what i would like a SO to have.

To a point. When I was trying to figure out myself and what I liked and didn't like. Yes I would go out and buy her stuff that I wanted to see her in or that I secretly wanted to wear. It backfire almost 100% of the time. I could never figure out why. That is until I did a lot of growing. Then it dawns don me that I cannot force my style preference on her. At that point. I became happier with how she dressed and I could appreciate her style as her style. Then. When I got to know myself. Yes I tried those old styles and things. On me. Worked through that pretty quickly and moved on. Those where old desires.

Now. I dress how I dress and she dresses how she dresses. She has her style and I mine. There a bit different but that's what life is all about. Differences I think.

Thats not to say there are still not items of clothing I desire to see her that she may or may not ever wear. But if she does I talk to her about what I would like to see her in. And she I.

How's that for a rambling answer.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same