Thread: Crossdressing and Intimacy

Crossdressing and Intimacy

Does anyone see their crossdressing as a form of intimacy?
    Finding the other side of me.

Platinum Member
    Not me. It's simply an expression of who I am.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Intimacy with whom?

Intimacy with ones self?

Intimacy with an alter ego...?

Intimacy with an imagined reality..?

Some of those are possible - but whether anyone would realise it or be honest about it is a different question...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I see it as a way to be more intimate with my wife. Perhaps that's not the way you intended your question, but it's how I feel--and I'm pretty sure how my wife feels too. It has brought us closer together and has improved our sex lives.

To the OP, please explain your thinking about this. I am curious to read what you mean. I am baffled by the concept so I am interested. (No sarcasm intended)

I think there is a small part of me that can consider dressing being intimate with myself.

I think I say that because for me, and most of us, spent a large part of my life in the closet to everyone. During Those years were the only times in my life that I was truly myself and I guess honest with myself. Here is the definition from Google:
    in·ti·mate1
    ˈin(t)əmət/
    adjective
    closely acquainted; familiar, close.
    "intimate friends"
    synonyms: close, bosom, dear, cherished, faithful, devoted, fast, firm, familiar; informalchummy
    "an intimate friend of Picasso's"
    antonyms: distant
    (of a place or setting) having or creating an informal friendly atmosphere.
    "an intimate little Italian restaurant"
    synonyms: friendly, warm, welcoming, hospitable, relaxed, informal; More
    used euphemistically to indicate that a couple is having a sexual relationship.
    "he was sickened by the thought of others having been intimate with her"
    synonyms: sexual, carnal, romantic, amorous, amatory
    "intimate relations"
    involving very close connection.
    "their intimate involvement with their community"
    private and personal.
    "going into intimate details of his sexual encounters"
    synonyms: personal, private, confidential, secret; More
    (of knowledge) detailed; thorough.
    "an intimate knowledge of the software"
    synonyms: detailed, thorough, exhaustive, deep, in-depth, profound; More
    antonyms: sketchy, superficial
    noun
    noun: intimate; plural noun: intimates
    a very close friend.
    "his circle of intimates"
    synonyms: close friend, best friend, bosom friend, confidant, confidante; More

So it really depends on how you use the word. I think point two can be used and in some ways point one can work in some ways as well.

I am intimate with myself while dressing and I let the most private part out of me but I do not that replace the intimate with my wife.

Aspiring Member
    Well, autogynephilia is defined as being in love with yourself as a female. So its the typical crossdresser creates a female alter-ego, gives "her" a female name and identity, and falls in love.

Personally, I don't like, or buy the concept.

However, I have heard of several wives of crossdressers who say they feel like their husband's second love.

In someways yes. Dressing is a very personal and intimate thing. It digs down into the core of who we are and what we are looking for in some aspects of our lives - whether it be sexually related, gender related or just a form a self expression. What we do, why we do it and where we take it is deeply personal and therefore intimate.

It is form of intimacy in the way we have relationships - again I would say yes. It becomes an ingrained aspect of our lives. I now wear a bra daily it is something I feel odd not wearing now so there is a relationship of sorts between me and the item because of how it holds me and feels on me. It is similar to how my wife holds me in that it comforts me, calms me. It also reminds me of who I am and where I belong.

There is a difference between intimacy and intimate. I think for most it is the latter and seeing it as the former is hard. But most of us cannot stop or get withdrawal symptoms if we do (stress, a sense of loss, anxiety etc) and things like this only come where you are so close to something that a strong bond or sense of need is forged. In a sense an intimate relationship and need for it.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Intimacy with whom?

Intimacy with ones self?

Intimacy with an alter ego...?

Intimacy with an imagined reality..?
    My questions exactly!

Authenticity.

Well, I do have a very close relationship with my clothes, but we don't do anything THAT way....lol.

No, this is just me being me, nothing more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Sounds like a trick question to me.

Well I love my clothes so I would miss them if they were lost or stolen.

I have intimacy with my wife, I always miss her when she goes shopping.

I then miss my money even more.

Now there is something I am in love with.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Brassieres,
    You don't say why you pose the question but it must mean something to you otherwise you wouldn't have asked !
    To me without question the answer is yes, since the start at 9 years I've wanted to share with a female, that feeling has never gone away ! I had two GFs that I did share it with and when I came out to my wife twenty years ago I hoped I had found that acceptance again but instead the DADT wall went up which left me feeling rejected and unloved ! It spiraled down so bad that I considered suicide ! It is a very intimate feeling that I admit it is sexual but not as a turn on !

Confucius,
    Autogynerphilia was related to TSs by Blanchard and Tranvestic Autogynerphilia to CDers, when I checked the details it appeared to tick most of my boxes, despite some of the information being discredited by other researchers !

Shibumi,
    I think we're on the same wavelength, you either understand the feeling or you don't ! but it shouldn't be discredited as it is a genuine feeling with your parner, your wife understands it , mine doesn't !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-15-2015 at 04:49 AM.

For me it certainly is. In some ways it is like merging with a woman. I really do need a real woman involved to make it fully meaningful as I become more like her. Also, for some, the revealing of the need/desire to cross dress is a way of revealing a vulnerability and dropping defenses. Being vulnerable to a partner often creates an additional degree of intimacy.

With ourselves perhaps in that we are getting in touch with our feminine feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me it maybe a kind of intimacy in that I get to express and enjoy being myself.

Crossdressing is intimacy but when you are crossdressed and share yourself with your woman that is the most wonderfull intimacy you can get!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you all!

I find that building a bond with a woman and crossdressing has become an intimate experience. I do not want to dress alone, but rather dress with either another woman or CD instead. Does that help answer this question?

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Yoshisaur described it perfectly,
    “For me it maybe a kind of intimacy in that I get to express and enjoy being myself.”
    I really do not know how else to explain it; it’s just like a self-intimacy in expression. I also consider it a form of art.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I wouldn't call my cd ing a form of intimacy. I have been intimate with my wife a time or two while I was dressed. A spontaneous thing. I have visited on line while dressed with another crossdresser, all though we did talk about why we do dress and I found that maybe some gals look for intimacy or a closeness of sexual nature while dressed. I love wearing my female clothes, although they are not an intimate object to me. The act of going thru getting all dolled out to me is still exciting and sometimes sexually arousing, more so when I first started dressing than now. I just enjoy dressing and am comfortable in the attire. Intimacy can have many different types of meanings I suppose as previously mentioned.