Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "One of the girls"

I love being around women, I prefer their company over men. I compliment their hairdo, their makeup, their clothes, but they never call me one of them. Maybe I should go out as a woman after all!!

As a teen, I was a volunteer at the local hospital and was the rare boy among all the girl 'candystripers'. One day at lunch, one of them kindly dubbed me an honorary girl. I don't think she had any idea of: 1. How much it meant to me that she would accept me as one of her own, 2. How much it would further my gender dysphoria, and of course, 3. That I had a crush on her.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It's never really happened me, I'm quite laddish.

I have a good female friend that I have known since 7th grade. We even lived together for 3 years after college. She has known I dressed since high school. When we lived together she really helped me with my look and learning how to do make up.

When she got married she askedme to do a reading. She only had her sister as a bridesmaid. At the rehearsal dinner she gave a speech and went around telling a little story about everyone in the wedding.
    When she got to me she told everyone how long we have known each other that "it is like I have another sister". Everyone started to laugh, and she then said "I meant sibling".

Later that night, she was staying with me the night before in our apartment and she said "I really meant sister". Then she said she really thought about asking me to be a bridesmaid, but figured it might be awkward. Which it would have.