Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "dreaded"phone call today..

Thanks for letting us know, Rogina. I have always been impressed by how well educated, creative and interesting Julie is.

I certainly hope she pulls through, but I wouldnt want her to feel like she has to try to hang in there for our sake. Whatever happens, she is surrounded by the loving energy of a great many friends.
    Last edited by Andy66; 03-25-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Julie called me today and I told her that she had lots of well wishers here! THAT made her day. She is off to a rehab hospital to go "cold turkey" without any of the VA drugs..I suspect they will "strap her down"..lol She will make it through and I am sure she will be back here thanking everyone for their good thoughts and wishes! Ro

Gone to live my life
    Hi Rogina,

Please pass on my well wishes to Julie. I can only imagine that having a caring soul such as yourself during this time of strife is a great comfort to her . . . well done.

Hugs

Isha

Having corresponded with Julie in her time here I very much feel your genuine concern, choked up as I am I wish you both the very best.

Please convey my best wishes to Julie.

That's crap don't let them cut her hair, you can tell her that too!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's good news, Rogina! Thank you for letting us know and for being there for her.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Hi Rogina, Thanks so much for that information be sure to tell her that we are all pulling for her and give her our love.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hey Ro, I'm late getting in on this thread, having a WWII veteran amongst us is amazing.
    Just thinking to myself and asking could the intention of the nurses who want to cut her hair be thinking that Julie is probably looked at as a bit of an idol around the VA hospital? If so could they want her to have that masculine look for everyone in America or that comes around, gets a picture with her to see that we have a very masculine WWII vet in our presence? I mean there really isn't that many of these veterans left out there and I could see how the majority of the population would think Julie should look a certain way as a man at her age with this kind of a military history. Could it be Julie would be a poster child sort of speaking to the military?
    I also thought I saw in a reply one time that when the time comes she wanted to be buried in her full uniform.

Best of luck to Julie

I will keep Julie in my prayers.

Hugs, Bria

Have written to Julie on a few occasions and her replies were alway courteous and informative. She is a true Lady in the classic sense. Peace to her.