Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There Goes My Hero! Or, Heroine!

There Goes My Hero! Or, Heroine!

PaulaQ started a great discussion about some of the differences between crossdressers and transsexuals, and part of my response was a compliment to her for living her life authentically.

To which she responded:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post

Thanks, but I'm really no big deal ....
    I didn't wanna derail that conversation, so I started this thread.

Yes, Paula, you ARE a big deal. In fact, this website is brimming with heroes and heroines who awe me with their lives of courage and valor and strength. And I think those things should be lauded.

I think of people like Paula who made the journey and posts here with poise and grace. And I think of Isha who took transgender issues to the Canadian military. Or Donna who revealed herself to her motorcycle club. Or to April (formerly Daisy), who is balancing being out at work, staying supportive to her kid and keeping life in check. Or Jenny Elwood who is discovering when to push a little and when to pull back a little, because her SO is struggling with this. Or, my goodness, Julie Guam, who teaches us to embrace ourselves no matter where we are in life. Or Rogina B, who serves as part of Julie's support system. Or anyone stepping out of the house for the first time. Or anyone posting a picture for the first time.

Anyone on this twisting transgender road is a big deal to me. I won't lay out too much of my personal struggle, but I'm battling 40-ish years of shame, and this shame takes me to frighteningly dark places some days. But at least I'm now engaged in the battle, and because of that, I'm kinda a big deal, too.

Love, honor, strength, courage and happiness to all of you - my heroic friends!
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I'm still president and number one ticket holding member of the TinaZ fan club... You rock girl!!!!

Wish I had your talents both musically and for looking soooooo good!

Hugs,

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Hear,Hear Tina. To all those and those that are in the background.
    Hugs

One of the reasons I have come to this forum and stayed, is the number of individuals who are brave and committed themselves and like minded individuals. I love reading their opinions, insights and stories. So Tina, I fully agree with you.

Tina -- My hat (femme-style) is off to all those girls you mentioned and many others who have affected our lives over the years. Thank you for starting this thread and put yourself on the list, too.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Tina your so awesome too and you always seem to have such a positive message to us all especially with your cute little singing videos, look we who are here just want to feel as if we are not alone in the many struggles this brings in our lives be that being full TS or TG or just a closeted CD its not easy being us or as Kermit put it its not easy being green. Maybe for us its not easy wearing a dress lol. So this is a hard road but you make it fun for us and we all at times just have to step back and do just that have fun with it and laugh.

Couldn't agree more. Pretty much the main reason that I joined this forum as a GG and spouse was observing the honest, authentic support that my husband has found here as she navigates her own journey.

And now I'll have the Foo Fighters stuck in my head for the rest of the day, which is the opposite of a bad thing.

Standing ovation to YOU, Ms. Tina Zee!

What a lovely positive post and I couldn't agree more.

xxx

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Tina, the only way you could have made this post better would have been to sing/play it to the tune of "We Are the Champions".

Couldn't agree more. But also can't help but hope for a day when we can all just exist and thrive in public without heroic measures.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    To those about to cry, we salute you.

Well said Tina.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I hear "you are so brave" all the time. I Am in a very similar position as Paula (we have discussed many things that we both have gone through). But like Paula, I have to say I am not all that brave, I am not fearless. I am scared often about where I am going but I (like Paula I think) want those who follow to see the speed bumps and maybe avoid them. In my case (and I won't speak for all the TSs) it isn't bravery so much as survival. Knowing things if kept hidden will make you less happy, less healthy.

I have "known" Paula since she joined. I watched her grow and right now I think she is in a good place. But she didn't just jump there. She worked for it, she suffered for it and I think if you ask her she had help and support along the way. At least I did...and still do. We are a community, the transgender community, which in my definition is everyone who presents in a gender opposite fashion. We help each other, we support each other.

You are all brave and you are all amazing in your own way. This is an adventure. It isn't scripted. But you can do it So when we are modest, we are being truthful.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Tina I think I speak for many here when I say you need to be on that list.

Jeri

I'll just ditto what all the ladies have already said.
    I too (as I'm sure most of us did or are or will) experience the shame. One day all is good and the next the guilt hits me right in the face. Here's to travelling the "twisting transgender road" together. Stay positive my heroine!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Tina,

I agree with Isabelle in that you signature musical presentation would have been awesome. What a wonderful sentiment but I think this thread should be about us honoring each other as we all share this journey together and I know from my own perspective I take away far more than I give here . . . thanks to all you wonderful folks, each brave in their own way.

Hugs

Isha

Thanks Tina for the salute to all of our brave sisters here! You mention 40ish years of shame, I know what you mean, 48 years of shame, guilt and self-loathing. I finally said no more, let's embrace this! From that point forward, everything changed. My outlook on life, I stopped abusing alcohol, dropped a ton of weight and shed more hair that your typical polar bear. I am now engaged in life, not sitting by watching it pass me by. I understand life is not easy (believe me, I understand!), but my life has become so much better with Kandi in it. Not only have I become a very happy and joyful person, I have opened my heart to many of the girls I have been blessed to meet.

Well said young lady!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

As one of the new gals on this site, I wanted to chime in and say thank you Tina and thank you all. I gravitated to this site and found so many wonderfully, courageous, helpful and friendly people here. You all amaze me every day in so many ways. I salute all of you.
    Since we are talking about hero and heroines, and please pardon me, but I would like to give a call out to a girl that is not on this site and that would be my father. She transitioned in the early 70’s and I could not fathom it then and still can not imagine what she went through back then. Kind of makes my fears of cross dressing seem minor.
    So to all of you, and all the pioneers that came before, thank you and keep up the good fight. I think we are winning.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Not bravery so much as a solution that has to be resolved.

Have you ever painted yourself into a corner?

There are a lot of tough decisions to be made..

You do have to have courage to carry them out.

I still applaud those that get on with it and if you don't, there is still time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tina,

You are awesome! Shame? Are you kidding? Your videos are amazing. You should be really proud of who you are and what you do, not ashamed.

Hi Tina. Thanks for the mention. You certainly are my favourite TG musician (and a good looking one at that).

What concerns the pushing and pulling, I think I need to quit pushing for a while and do a lot more of the pulling back for the forseeable future. I need to be good to my wife again. I've got to a point where I've become very selfish and self obsessed. I almost forgot my wedding anniversary last week being so busy with Jenny stuff. My wife deserves better. It's Jenny night tonight but when I get back home tomorrow, I will try and just be her man for a while. She may be a tough cookie, but I love that woman.

For what it's worth, I think all of you are smart as well...
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 03-27-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Tina, you are one of the heroes/heroines as well! Well-written post.

I will keep it simple Tina you Rock !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Banned Read only
    Tina, thank you so much, you are way too kind, and really, I am no big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah
    But like Paula, I have to say I am not all that brave, I am not fearless. I am scared often about where I am going but I (like Paula I think) want those who follow to see the speed bumps and maybe avoid them
    Oddly enough, even though I'm still pretty dysphoric sometimes, I'm really not afraid. My therapist likes to point out that my death wish comes in handy?!

well said tina, i couldn't agree with you more!!
    paulaQ and lorileah have been a big inspiration to me and i'm sure
    many others here also. being humble is another wonderful quality
    you beautiful ladies have. you have blazed a path for those whom
    choose to follow. i have learned so much and gained a ton of
    confidence and is the major reason why i love this forum!
    paula

Platinum Member
    There are a lot of really good role models here, appropriate for whatever path one chooses.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Demeanor View Post
    Since we are talking about hero and heroines, and please pardon me, but I would like to give a call out to a girl that is not on this site and that would be my father. She transitioned in the early 70’s and I could not fathom it then and still can not imagine what she went through back then. Kind of makes my fears of cross dressing seem minor.
    So to all of you, and all the pioneers that came before, thank you and keep up the good fight. I think we are winning.
    Wow! Victoria, I did not know this. How amazing! Yes, trail blazers like your father are, without a doubt, truly heroic.
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee