Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you pluck your brows?

Amanda, ur brows look fine to me hun. Just go for it girl! I have mine waxed every 2 weeks and currently have my brows and lashes tinted....not forgetting french manicured nails!

Good luck!

Sara xxxx

Smile

i do mine wish i could make them look that good. if you like your look don't worry about other poeple and what they think.

Great look!

I don't pluck my eyebrows, my wife does it for me And, they are actually more feminine, if that possible, than yours. And, no one says anything about it.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Do you pluck your brows?

Yours look great to me. If you are living as a man often, you could back off a bit. If you look at the GG's, it's a matter of choice. There are some who have them professionally done and some who go for a less arched, more natural look.

From your picture, it might be a bit of a challenge for you to look more masculine. I'm sure you have no problem passing when you get dolled up.

I pluck mine but mainly to get the hairs that seem to be on a path of their own. No one has mentioned anything to me about them. I also trim them with scissors to tame down any bushiness.

"What are you waiting for?" -

Certainly

Its better than my (almost) unibrow.

I think it looks great. And as to other people noticing, in my experience people are not all that observant.

I play rugby and as such am often nude in the lockerroom. Nobody notice my shaved legs, which had been quite hairy, until Haloween when I was dressed as a schoolgirl. and one of the lads was rubbing my legs, which earned him a slap. All he asked was did I shave them specially or was I just not very hairy.

So go for it I say.

Susan

I have mine waxed every two weeks. No one has ever said a word, not even my wife.

They look fine to me; you could even thin them closer to the center near at the bottom to contour with your evelid. I pluck mine frequently and they are much thinner than yours and I have never been questioned. Do you know someone who's one of those people you just did'nt want offend? Well, I try
    to be one of those! Be nice and be frendly; pay people compliments. You will find it hard to win if you can't take the offensive in what you say or do. I have been questioned in other areas of my appearance and that's when I had to fire back. If someone were to question my eyebrows I would respond something like this " yes I keep them like this just like I trim my nosehairs, hair in my ear and shave daily; I already know too many slobs and don't care to be one myself". I'm sure this kind of comment will cause the questioner to
    take a good long look in the mirror. How we look doesn't define who we are! So look however you want to!

I pluck mine regularly...I have to, because I have rather thick brows and in no way will I let them take over. I'm going to be sculpting them within the week though. I'll see where that leads!

mine are similar to yours , if i go out in 'drab' i always wear my baseball cap, the long peak seems to distract certain people [the one's who its best to distract !].............
    ...'mother what's wrong with me ?' ....Regan from the Exorcist ...

http://www.tvchix.com/view.php?user=Louisa_Lampton

http://lululouisa.multiply.com/

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

make them tidy!

your brows look wonderful!

I keep mine tidy and luckily mine are so thin that it's hard to notice they are there in any case! They are slowly moving after my wife showed me how to help them along into a little more of an arch!

eyebrows

I have mine waxed as I can't see well enough to have them plucked. They look so much better waxed

Thanks for the opinions, I did forget to mention that before I started to narrow out my brows, I bleached them little by little over a 3 week period. This has nearly made them invisible except under the right light. So I guess that may help in why no one has said any thing to me about them. But I havent seen my ex since the last severe plucking. She always says something like "LEAVE YOUR EYEBROWS ALONE!" right in front of anyone arond.

I think they look fabulous Amanda. Keep them that way, i to hate and have bushy brows. Wish i had the courage to do mine like yours.
    [SIZE=1]Kristina Marie [/SIZE]

Amanda, I meant to ask you - yesterday you said you threaded your brows, now you said plucked. I was just curious if you have ever threaded them yourself?
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I don't control my eyebrows, I end up looking like the lawyer on "Law and Order" looks like I've two pet caterpillars over my eyes.

About eight months ago when I had a hair cut I had my barber girl trim them close. Nobody noticed, I guess the hair cut distracted the view. The next month when I had my hair cut I had her wax a bit to narrow then up. Again no notice. Plucked a few hairs to thin them out and still no mention.

The point is, with patience and time the end result will work with no notice. Yesterday I had my normal appointment and had her wax, thin, and narrow them well, including shortening them by almost 3/8 inch on each end.

Now I'm somewhat satisfied with them. Just have to keep at this.

Who knew that trying to look nice took so much work?

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G
    My old girlfriend noticed, and asked me one time if I plucked my eyebrows. I just said yes, "bushy Andy Rooney eyebrows make a guy look old". I think she bought it.:cheeky:
    Or she believes what she wants to believe!!!
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Amanda, I meant to ask you - yesterday you said you threaded your brows, now you said plucked. I was just curious if you have ever threaded them yourself?
    Oh yes.. this I want to know too... I have been considering threading, but haven't really learned the technique.

And I think they look awesome!!! I have thinned mine some, too much actually, so I have to let them grow back before I do anything else to them.

But fantastic job!!!
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...

A very senior member. Ms Alison Janes's Avatar

Thumbs down

Too painful, My brow hairs are like piano wires.
    Alison xxx

I have very light eyebrows especially during the summer so just a little trimming is necessary. Guess im lucky. Yours look very fem but who cares!

Eyebrows

[SIZE=4]My sister in law asked me the other day if I had been plucking mine, I replied not in a week or so! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]She had noticed a change in my look, I had to point out that I had had my hair cut short! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]She is the only person ever to comment about them![/SIZE]
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss
    If I don't control my eyebrows, I end up looking like the lawyer on "Law and Order" looks like I've two pet caterpillars over my eyes.
    LOL, I am with you on that phyllis. I started plucking mine about 5 years ago. I also trim them to get rid of the ones that are too long. I only did a few extra hairs each month so the transition was gradual. I have slowed down a little since there is a more noticable arch, but I am going to get bold and start thinning more.
    Erika Leigh

I've havmine waxed on now and then and I tweeze ( chickens are plucked, brows are tweezed. :-) ) every now and then, I am surprised that no one says a thing.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Alison Janes
    Too painful, My brow hairs are like piano wires.
    If you do it enough, it won't hurt at all anymore. I've been plucking long enough to where I barely feel a tug when one comes out, and the constantly-removed ones come out quite easily, too.

your brows look great

I get mine waxed monthly

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    i have been shaping my brows for quite some time now . It got quite embarrasing when i first did it I went a bit mad and people ended up noticing and commenting on it . I go a bit easier on them now but they are still pretty skinny i think .

if people notice them now it's only to say how much better they look than before as they were a bit on the wild side naturally and this from people who dont know about julia
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page