So today I'm at the doctors office for my check up (HRT levels and such). I walk in, go to the reception and check in. Then I head to the restroom. Then I come back to the waiting room and sit down. An older guy comes over and says "They called someone that didn't answer and I thought it might be you." I replied, "I doubt it. I just got here and I'm early". He walks away. A few minutes later, he comes back over. This time he crouches down a little and says quietly, "I just started my journey. One day I hope to look as good as you." Uh, "Thank you."? End of conversation. He walks away again. What nerve? That's like trans 101. Don't call out anybody you suspect is trans too. If I looked so good, what gave me away? Nice back handed compliment, dude.
The clinic I go to is well known for treating the LGBT community. They also have a lot of low income, uninsured patients too. But that doesn't give anyone the right to call me out like that. I've been fuming about this since. Just needed to vent.