Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To all you brave girls that transitioned

Cassie, it's never too late to transition. I am 34 and I'm less than a year into my transition. I dressed publicly as a woman for the first time a little over a year ago. I went close to full-time 10 months ago, I am 8 months on HRT, and 8 months full time. I too was at the transition or die point two years ago. I seriously wanted to die two years ago, I thought there was no hope. I joined this forum and once I started taking serious steps towards transition, I no longer wanted to die. I am living happily as a woman full-time and there's no turning back.

You're not alone, many of us have been through this path. Plenty of us have transitioned well past the age of 36 - some of us here transitioned at 50 or 60. Please feel free to send me a PM if you need to talk. Hugs
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Cassiecat, I started my journey almost three years ago, and have completed all the surgeries I need to. I have finally found happiness after many years of searching. I am 61.
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

I think it will always feel like we should've transitioned earlier, no matter the age. Makes sense though, as we should've been born female. That's at least how I see it.
    I felt it was too late for me, when I 3 years ago thought about the option to transition, and I'm 23 now. I ended up wanting to be a girl so much that I didn't really care if I wouldn't become the cutest girl in town, so I went to a therapist. That therapist recommended to join some Transexual forums, and here I am, reading stories about how people have transitioned at any age, and they all seem happy about the decision.

Give it a chance, and I hope you'll feel better soon :3

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I met a transsexual for the first time last week at band practice, at least the first time I knew that the person was on hormones and transitioning. I can tell you that she is older than 36 and has been on hormones for three years. She is very passable, I personally would have never known had I obviously not known ahead of time. She is basically the drummer for our band.
    She is very very funny! We instantly clicked and she would just have me rolling at impressions and stuff.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Hi cassie,

A few years back I found myself in exactly the position you describe, transition or die. In my case my partner had forever warned me from the beginning of our relationship that to transition would mean the end of our relationship and so with her and our children being my life and losing them meant the end of my world , there literally seemed no way out. Transition meant death , staying as I was meant death. It was all I could see . Fortunately for me I still had the sanity to know that I needed help and needed it quick and my GP was extremely understanding and helpful. I pray that if you ever do find yourself in the same position and you feel that death is your only way out that you also have to sense to ask for that help too. I never thought I could make it through transition and the hard days that followed. I never though I was brave enough but it's amazing what strength you can find in yourself when you need to. I did what needed to be done to be around in some form for my children as even in this way I'm better for them than not being here at all. BTW i'll be 38 this year so as much as you don't want to be told how young you are, you really are not that old
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page