Thread: ADD and transgender?

ADD and transgender?

Has anyone else experienced both? If so I'd love to hear it. I am currently on ADD meds and it's helping me in one sense, I take showers and go out again. But it brings up the issue of my dsyphoria, sorry if I misspelled. And that in turn brings up a lot of anger towards my parents. Now my parents say the meds aren't good and I feel like they just don't want me to be happy. My mom just loves emotionally torturing me. Saddly with my mother I take the bait more often then not.

I have always had ADD an I took Meds years ago when I was younger ,, AS far as your parents go ,, You in your 30s why care what they say ? Hell there is lots of people who go an live there lives without parents support . There just there to help out with advice ,, As a parent of 4 myself if they decide to do something an they want my imput I give it ,, Yall know me ,, But if it's not harming them they need to make mistakes an live an learn on there own an I am not going to Wet nurse them an make them Weak .
    You need to go to a Therapist that specializes in Gender Dysphoria an get help an never mind what they say ,, With the proper documents they will get it in time . If they don't ask them where there Doctors degree is ? JUST SAYING ??

I understand you are at home but you need to get out of there house. Ok i know you said u did not have a job get one. If you can not afford a place rent a room be a roommate u hold the key to your own happiness. Two failed marriages are hard we all go through heartbreak. Mom and dads are allways going to tell you what to do. But what do u expect living at home. But why get mad at them they were raised in a different era. Were therapist are going to a psychiatrist meant you were crazy. And the meds were bad. Most were locked up and forgot. Add meds can be bad you just have to keep a look out for the signs and keep an open dialogue with your therapist. Good luck love cindy

Thanks all😄

Yeah I have ADD and take meds for it too.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    ADhD Here and yes I take meds. Sounds like now that you have tackled you ADD you are now freed up to deal with your trans issues.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I have adhd too don't take meds. I found the meds made me extremely paranoid even hallucinate.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.