Thread: Great day yesterday

Great day yesterday

Yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a long time.

Yesterday was my birthday and I turned 45.

The plan was for our day to start around noonish. But, my nephew was late for the bus and we ended up taking him to school because we had the key to my sisters car for our day out and our day ended up starting around 8ish.

After we dropped him off at school, we went out to breakfast at Waffle House after we picked a few things up from the grocery store. We then came back home to relax for a few hours and take care of our dog before heading out.

We then headed out for the liquor store and picked up a bottle of Amaretto and a small bottle of Apple Crown. Before we left the parking lot of the liquor store I confessed to my wife about something I wanted for my birthday.

I told her that I had been wanting to get my belly button pierced for quite a while and we could get both of ours done, if she wanted hers done again.

I had expected resistance and for us to continue our conversation about my dysphoria, but she readily agreed and we were off without the big conversation continuing at any point for the rest of the day.

The first place we went was a place that was owned by a Tattoo artist that she has known for many years. Just as we pulled up, I noticed a sign on the door that stated that they only did piercings on Saturday. Disappointed, we headed off to another place. When we got there, we got the heebee geebees from it and went to another place and we both got it done at the third place.

From there we went to the outlet mall that we have been wanting to visit and wandered around there and then went to the Bass Pro Shop near there. We poked around the Bass Pro Shop for a while then had dinner at the restaurant inside the place.

I had the messiest and most wonderful BBQ pork "burger" I have ever had the pleasure of tasting with a side of sweet potato fries. For dessert I had a chocolate flowing river cake, divinity doesn't even begin to cover that dessert.

After we got home for the day she fixed us a mixed drink called a Creamcicle. An ounce of Amaretto, an ounce of orange juice, and she put in one and a half to two large scoops of ice cream and blended it well. The original recipe calls for half and half, instead of Ice Cream, and everything poured over ice and mixed well.

The day was complete.

A few things.

Great day out with the wife, check.

Navel pierced, check.

Continued our big talk, no check here.

Realizing that my wife is still processing my big confession and possibly waiting to see proof for herself, check.

Thank you, I just had to share the day I had yesterday.

Liz
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

It sounds like both of you had a great day Congrats and Happy Birthday to you.

2 questions, Now I have never been but I've heard these places are huge. The restaurant was inside the Bass Pro Shop? Did I read that right??

And I was wondering what this meant: "my wife is still processing my big confession and possibly waiting to see proof for herself"
    Proof as in more proof of you wanting to be you? Could you explain that in a bit more detail please?
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Sammy, last summer I opened up to my wife about my Gender Dysphoria and she told me she needed some time and I have been waiting as patiently as I can to continue our conversation about this. I've been taking what baby steps I can to show her that this isn't going away and to show her that she means a lot to me and she matters.

And yes, this Bass Pro Shop is huge and the restaurant is inside the store. They even have a waterfall and aquarium display that shows the fish that are native to one of the local rivers. It's two stories and you can find almost anything you may need for camping, hunting, fishing, etc. You can even go shopping for clothing there. You can even purchase ATV's and boats there. They pretty much have it all.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.