Thread: A great Sunday night out

A great Sunday night out

Hi all! It's been a long time since I posted anything here.

I live in Costa Rica. Here, we don't really have many things to do as crossdressers. In fact, it is weird to see one of us in public places like malls or restaurants. I think our society still has stigmas on us that are strongly marked. So that's why I took the decision of making a little difference and go out as much as I can as Gabriela.

I was lucky enough to meet my good friend Rachel, she's another CDer from this site that also lives in Costa Rica. I live in San José, the capital city and she lives in a paradise beach at 6 hours from here. A few weeks ago we started planning a night out, since she had to come to SJ for some business. At first I was skeptical at how would a night for me, my girlfriend and Rachel be, specially because we didn't want to go to a gay bar or something like that, but a place for "regular" people (notice the quotation marks). But, as the days passed by, I started feeling the rush and emotion for my first time out with another CDer.

First thing I did was sending Rach a couple photos of the outfit that I picked for that occasion. She did the same, so both of us could be comfortable with our clothes. Then I figured out that just going for dinner and then a movie might be just fun.

Finally the day had come. The plan was to first pick up my GF who had a class until 4 PM, after that we would go to our place, grab our stuff and the head to the hotel where our friend was staying, but I changed the plan so that after picking my GF we pass for Rach at the hotel and then go to the house. I think that was better because we would have more space to get changed and just relax a bit more with some wine and stuff.

My idea was to pick our friend in boy mode, but when we got to his hotel room, a beautiful lady received us. We were like :O you're so pretty! My GF was kinda shocked, but after a little while we all felt very comfortable. So Rach met Hugo first We headed to our place. When we got there we put some latin music (I forgot to mention that Rach is from the US and my GF and I are Costa Ricans) and started dressing and doing our nails and make-up. We chatted a lot about many different things. There was such a good vibe in the air! We had so much fun that we forgot to take pictures But who cares?

Once we were ready, we jumped into the car again and went o a mall. The plan was to go first for a drink and something quick to eat. It was around 8 PM and our movie started at 9:20 PM, so we didn't have much time. However, we were enjoying ourselves so much that the time became long enough to have a nice experience at the restaurant we picked. When we got to the mall, we got out of the car just like any other regular day. The confidence was very high that night! I think going out in a group makes you feel way better. I didn't pay attention to the rest of the people at the mall. I suppose they were looking at us, but it didn't matter. We were pretty and great, so, what the heck?!

We entered the restaurant, where a hostess took us to our table. It was right in the middle of the place, and it was really crowded, but the people didn't seem to care much about us. It felt great! I didn't notice any weird looks, and the waitress was so nice to us! Neither me or Rach did any effort to feminize our voices, and we just talked pleasantly!

Now, here's the exception that broke an otherwise perfect time: when we were in the middle of our drink, my GF received a text from a friend of hers. She asked her to meet her at a store near to our restaurant... when she came back, she told us that her friend had seen us, and she recognized me! We were pretty much speechless, but after a while the awkwardness went away. However, my GF kept texting her friend, and what I knew from her was that she decided not to talk to her again, 'cause she didn't react well to the situation... My GF said that a real friend of hers has to accept us the way we are, so she rather give time to her friend to adjust her mind to this. I know that it may take a while, but only time will tell how it goes. What I don't want is my GF to suffer because of this, but I believe she was really strong. I'm really proud and grateful for that!

Anyway! After a couple drinks, we went to the movie theater. I got tickets for "Chappie", which should have been called "Crappie", because it was HORRIBLE! I shouldn't have picked that one. When the movie had like 30 minutes playing, I wanted to tell the girls to go out for another drink, but I don't know why I didn't... The move ended, we got out of the theater and back in the car. It was late and we had to work on Monday, so we just went to Rachel's hotel, left her there and went back home.

The best thing of the adventure was to feel so comfortable en femme, in public and with another CDer. I'm really looking forward to have another time out like this! Also I'm really happy to have a new friend who really understands what I do. There's no reason to hide what we are

Cheers!

Gabriela
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

Gabriella,

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and I'm sorry about your GF's friend, but as she said. a real friend accepts you as you are.

Thanks for the movie review. I was considering going to see that.

Hugs,
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Gabriella,

You are right Chappie is crappy.

You can't always predict others reactions to how you are dressed as it can be a shock to them the first time they see you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Does indeed sound like a great night out, Gabriela - shame about your GF's friend's response, but we are a misunderstood and stigmatised group of harmless people... I like you GF's response to it though!

Thanks for the heads up on the movie too - I expect you'll be remembering the rest of the evening long after the movie is forgotten...

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta