Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressed NOT to pass in public?

Banned Read only

Dressed NOT to pass in public?

Has anyone on here ever gone out dressed, but with no attempt to look like a woman? I'd like to but frankly don't have the guts to do it. Around home I wear all the clothes, but no makeup and I don't shave my moustache, in other words there's no confusing me for a GG. I'll go out underdressed occasionally, but with the exception of a few times driving and once pumping gas, I don't go out in a skirt and cami, as much as I'd love to. Anyone else feel this way or better yet, anyone do this?

-Deane

At some point, I realized that I do not have to be a girl to wear women's wear. I started wearing a skirt as a guy. Unlike a lot of crossdressers, I am not attracted to being a girl. I just love the clothes. I used to sneak around and wear a skirt outside early in the morning or after dark. Eventually, in the morning, some other walkers saw me. They did not react. I did it more. I started wearing dark hose with a longer skirt. Eventually, I went to the mall. People looked, but there was no greater reaction than people get from wearing lots of tattoos. I started having whole day outings in another city in a skirt or dress as a man. People treat me with respect. Since the whole gay marriage thing happened on social media, I think people have intentionally become more accepting, but I am not certain of that. I live in a conservative area and I feel accepted when I am dressed. I have gone shopping, eaten in restaurants, attended talks at a left-leaning organization, attended talks at a university, checked into a hotel, eaten meals in the hotel, done some volunteering at a store where I shop, flown on a plane, and gone swing dancing; all in a skirt or dress as a man.

I never wear makeup or breasts. I have short, guy hair. I try to dress my age. I always wear pantyhose and ladies' shoes when dressed. I sometimes wish I could go to work or volunteer at a charity while dressed pretty.

Joey

Platinum Member
    Before I mustered the resolve to go out fully dressed I tried a mix of men and women's clothes with a little makeup. I felt incongruous and uncomfortable. That approach just didn't work for me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    Well I always get dressed before I go out, but either as a man or a woman, not in a skirt and boobs but no wig and unshaven.

Some members have reported on their outings dressed as you describe and their interactions with the public but that's not for me. I don't want to call attention to myself or intentionally irritate people.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    I went out a couple of times dressed from the neck down en femme; 6in heels, women's jeans, very thick hip padding, feminine top filled DD bra, head all natural. The area I went wasn't very crowded but the few people that I saw and saw me didn't seem t pay me any mind. I stopped after a couple of times it just wasn't as fun for me as I had imagined.

I am not ready to accept ridicule for my dressing or lack of it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I only have the courage to go out under-dressed. bra, panties, nylons, neutral shoes. maybe some natural toned lipstick. I love wearing a bra! I pierced both my nipples a while back, so they are much larger and I seem to bump them on everything?!?! a nice lightly padded bra keeps them at bay, but I can still feel every brush-up my chest makes. with the warmer weather coming, I might have to give up my bras for a bit!!!
    "Life is Always a Bed of Roses........ Sometimes it's All Flowers, and Other Times, It's All Thorns!!!!"

Luv, Jessica XOXO

Hi Deane; lately due to lack of time I have been dressing "lightly" sometimes. I underdress, put on a pair of jeans and white blouse and a pair of short heels or flats, some light makeup to coverup flaws, lipstick and mascara. I try to wear a hat in a femme way also. I then go to quiet looking stores and shop and try on dresses. The sales people have been wonderful, and oh so helpful. It's like they enjoy helping the femme me get dressed girly. I do avoid busy places though because I do stick out like a semi sore thumb. So exciting. Anita

No, I'm afraid this doesn't appeal to me. When I put on a dress, I want people to call me "ma'am."

That's a whole little sub category called skag when you dress femme but don't shave or try to have the whole" femme" experience. In the end it's just clothes. The one problem I have is that I like the" hooker" look and need to be more conservative. I guess for a lady of my age I should dress appropriately Kinda think it my be the male chauvinist in me that makes me dress like that? Still working on that

No thanks, that's not what I'm about.
    This is part of me and I'm not trying to combine the two for effect or anything else. If I'm out then I'm dressed. I'm expressing the woman inside me and not trying to shock others.
    If this works for others then so be it, but personally I think this sends the wrong message to the public. Many of us are trying to gain acceptance in the general public and this will be what those outside the community remember, not those of us that reflect a true feminine image.
    Just my opinion so please turn off the flame throwers....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Absolutely. I can't pass nor do I try. I'm content wearing women's clothes and carrying a purse. The clothes can be a boring pair of jeans and a top with underwear and a bra and this works for me
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-28-2015 at 02:24 PM. Reason: no need to quote OP

Yes. Have been out several times dressed from the neck down. Love walking around or having a drink in corset, skirt and heels.

Its my default mode. Fully dressing is for going out for an event, just like my GG SO does.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Deane - I dress this way very frequently, although more of an androgynous style. Usually women's jeans or shorts, pantyhose and ballet flats or mary janes. I rarely get a second look. I'd like to be a little bolder and wear a skirt or possibly slightly more feminine shirts/blouses. Even a dress if the style were right. Need to work up to that though.

Several years ago I spent a few days in LA wearing women's clothes including skirt, blouse and low heels with short hair, very light makeup and no bra or forms. The few days went OK and I did not have any bad experiences, but I did feel a little uncomfortable most of the time. It really is a matter of just wearing what feels comfortable to you.

Here are a couple of photos from that adventure...
    opentg1b.jpgopentg2.jpg
    Last edited by Brenn; 03-28-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Although neck down dressing s really my style, I prefer all the niceties of women's clothes
    but the whole makeup and wig deal, no real attraction to me.

I doubt that I will ever step out in public, I suffered too much torment and ridicule
    as a young boy, no desire to go there again.............
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

It also just occurred to me there are a number of brave souls who do it well and get away with it...

http://www.hisblackdress.com/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/51106326@N00/

Banned Read only
    Wow, wasn't expecting answers like this! First, to a couple of you who sounded a little offended at my idea, no offense intended! While I respect (more and more as I lurk here!) so many of y'all's desires to pass, and I admit it sounds like it would be fun, I don't really have that desire. I just really wish we lived in a society where men could do what women do, which is wear whateverthehell we want to. There's nothing in my closet that my wife couldn't put on and wear to Walmart. The opposite is not true. I love wearing skirts, dresses, cami's, bras, stockings, and I think I look good in a lot of them, but it's still not allowed for me to wear such things in public. For those of you who have anyway, I have the utmost respect for you!!

"Skag", eh? Well, I guess I've been called worse.

I do try to dress with makeup and hair. I'm six foot tall skinny and I try to pass. Yet I know, so I find that everybody is fairly nice out there. In theaters, the kids never seemed to care if they noticed. I think I had several smiles from some of the people we met.
    Part Time Girl

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Nope. All, or nothing.

I feel MUCH more comfortable going out when fully made up... Being seen at any point between modes makes me feel VERY uncomfortable, (even in front of people who have no problem with my dressing). One of my biggest fears while being out is to have my wig pulled off, or fall off.... I think that would be horrifying.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

This seems to be my go to look lately. Full wardrobe sans
    makeup. Most don't notice others call me ma'am or compliment my outfit. Its nice to be made up but as I age and mores have changed I really like the no or little make up look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I did not walk at Harvard, Princeton or Yale.
    But if you examine my record.
    You shall see I've earned a PhD
    In the art of the fail.
    FMS

I have pretty much lost any interest in dressing fully. have never actually tried it, but planned to at some point. Started wearing a skirt while at my GF's place, then went out in it. Last Summer spent 6 days away in Vancouver area, and was wearing a skirt virtually the entire time. T shirts or sweaters on top. Men's shoes, no makeup, shaved head.

No-one said a thing. Got very few visible reactions that I saw, and the ones who did, simply blinked, scanned me once, then sort of shrugged and carried on.

Have been given permission to wear them at work, still short a bit of courage for that.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Add me to the list that wear skirts while in male mode. I would never pass as female due to my build. I found the Skirt Cafe forum www.skirtcafe.org and realized that I don't have to be or look like a woman to wear some of the clothes in public.

Silver Member
    Guy in a dress, that's me. With my proportions, there's no way I could conceal that I'm a male of the species, so I don't try. My approach is to wear clothes that are age appropriate, tasteful and properly fitting. People look, but don't respond to me. Some women offer compliments or ask where I buy my shoes, but I've never had a negative comment.

My secret hope is that some deeply closeted male CD will see me in public and realize "Hey, if he can do it, so can I". I may have come close recently. I was in a store , dressed in a skirt, sweater and heels, looking at dresses. (BTW, I found a gorgeous one that day, but that's another story). Another man, slightly older than me, was in there by himself. He was shopping for bras, "For my wife", I heard him say. "Horse Hockey", I thought to myself, "I'd bet heavily that it's for yourself." but said nothing out loud. Instead, I tried to be visible to him without actually approaching, so I wouldn't spook him

hey love the button through skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancineS View Post
    This seems to be my go to look lately. Full wardrobe sans
    makeup. Most don't notice others call me ma'am or compliment my outfit. Its nice to be made up but as I age and mores have changed I really like the no or little make up look.
    very nice