Thread: Being a Girl

Being a Girl

I have been dressed all evening and as the evening progresses I feel more girly! I have on a LBD, black patent leather high heels and fully made up. I have had several glasses of wine and I just feel feminine? i do not know why, but my mood is so pink! I want to be a girl; it is scary yet it feels so right. Do any of you ever feel this way when you are dressed? Also, I love feeling ths way. Sometimes I feel gender compromizesd; yes I want to be a girl. I know that there is a spectrum of sexuality, but I feel that I am leaning toward girlhood.
    Love, Sabrina

Sounds like you are having a lovely time - very jealous :-)
    Jessie

Banned Read only
    Yes, I used to feel that way, and look at me now! This has nothing to do with your sexuality though.

Platinum Member
    It's not sexuality is gender identity. Of course, many...I won't say most of us enjoy or in some cases prefer the time we spend en femme. What you're describing sounds positively euphoric...a nice feeling, certainly. Don't read too much into these feelings....think of it as puppy love.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    I feel girly when I'm dressed, but I don't want to be one all the time. Like my wife says being a woman is a lot of work.

I HATE IT! All dressed up and no place to go. Its such a bummer!

I was dressed for two days over the weekend. I did not put on any heels all weekend, we did not go out so I walked barefoot all weekend . LOL I felt girly anyways.
    Part Time Girl

Yes I would say you are just having fun. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy yourself
    I did not walk at Harvard, Princeton or Yale.
    But if you examine my record.
    You shall see I've earned a PhD
    In the art of the fail.
    FMS

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Of course, many...I won't say most of us enjoy or in some cases prefer the time we spend en femme. What you're describing sounds positively euphoric...a nice feeling, certainly. Don't read too much into these feelings....think of it as puppy love.
    Kim, you're going to get tired of me quoting you, but you invariably say what I was going to say.

To Sabrina, maybe I shouldn't post this, but my observation is that it makes perfect sense to enjoy this when you love the feeling you get wearing the clothes and when you describe the feeling as euphoric (a few days ago), especially after several glasses of wine. I mean, don't we all seek the things that make us feel good? So why do you think this compromises your gender? You love to dress, just as the other members here!

I don't know if you're still in a DADT arrangement with your wife. But if you are, it would make your time dressed even more special, like someone who hasn't eaten all day and who sits down to a gourmet meal.

The thing about actually being female though, is that it's really not about the trappings of dressy feminine clothing. Millions of women who seldom get all dressed up proves this. Sure, TSs do need to present in a manner that conveys their gender identity but IMO when a person is TS is has less to do with LBDs, heels, and hose, and more to do with just going about their day-to-day routines presenting like the other GGs in their environments and in a manner that does not convey maleness. If they're college students, it's a pair of jeans. If they're lawyers, it's business attire. If they're at home with kids, it's easy care, washable clothing.

Take makeup. The TSs that I know use makeup to mask their male facial features (IF they have male facial features) more than they relish putting it on because it "feels" feminine. It doesn't bring on bouts of euphoria, it's utilitarian just as it is with GGs and just as it is for a man to shave once he is past the age of 13. I have a TS friend who loved the fact that she didn't really need makeup after FFS.

I know this is forum to come into and have fun, and if this is what you're doing then please ignore me. On the other hand, be careful to not mix up the good feelings that CDers get when they dress, with gender identity issues. Gender Dysphoria is a difficult thing to go through, it doesn't really feel good according to the accounts I've read from people in the TS section who have gone through it.
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-25-2015 at 01:04 AM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie cupcake View Post
    I feel girly when I'm dressed, but I don't want to be one all the time. Like my wife says being a woman is a lot of work.
    It's not about the difficulties in being either sex. It's about what feels normal. The 'euphoric' feeling can simply be a relief from having to be something that you're not so much of the time; more like a great relief of pressure, rather than true euphoria, but it seems that way because all the pressure to conform to what everyone else expects you to be is suddenly gone.
    AFA 'being a woman is a lot of work', ask any woman in the army how much work it is in a combat zone where it's 100+ degrees all the time, in full gear. Then try to find one who has been an officer who has to send a company into a situation where she knows most of them are going to come back in a box if they come back at all....or being one who's lost their limbs/sight/mind due to trauma of combat. Or if you can find a female sand hog ask her what that's like. How about what it's like being in a mine when the roof gives way and you don't know if they will ever rescue you. Or running INTO a burning building, wearing gear that weights 50% of what you already do, and knowing you might never come out? How many women out there in the fishing boats? Any female names on those walls of sailors that never came back? Any female sailors among the 75% that never came back from the submarine service during war patrols? No, I didn't think so. I'm not saying that being a woman is easy; but I do get sick of them trying to make us feel guilty by pretending that our lives are a piece of cake in comparison. When I got injured and my wife was the sole breadwinner, and she did something really stupid and almost lost her arm (cleaning the blade area of an electric lawn mower with the power handle resting on a rock which could easily turn it on because she always ignored my instructions to remove the safety dongle when doing so), I mentioned that for present, if anything happened to her earning ability, we'd lose the house. She said she wasn't comfortable with that, to which I returned 'Well, that's the feeling of the burden of responsibility that virtually every husband and father has, every day of his life'. She said she never thought of that. And I bet very few women ever do.
    Both sexes have their difficulties. Only an imbecile ignores that fact, but women in particular like to complain about their lot in life and tell us men how hard they have it. Men for the most part just do it, and accept what we have to do. At least that's what every guy I personally know is like.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sometimes_miss, both sexes have their challenges. It's true that women haven't gone to war and the more physical work has been relegated to men because the average male is stronger physically than the average female. But, women have had reduced freedoms historically in our culture and still today in some of the non-Western cultures, sometimes to the point of abuse and this situation exists precisely because the average woman does not have the same physical strength as the average man. And then there are the biological differences to think of. Women have traditionally been the ones to care for the young.

No one has it tougher or easier over all and as you say, each sex has its advantages and disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    but women in particular like to complain about their lot in life and tell us men how hard they have it.
    Most of the women I know do not think they have it worse off then men. Or better. As to financial responsibility (your prior comments), with today's divorce rate, many women ARE financially responsible for themselves and their children or if they're not divorced, they do share financial responsibility for the family with their husbands. It takes two salaries in most households to make it.
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-25-2015 at 02:05 AM. Reason: added quote
    Reine

Reality Check
    Could it be the "several glasses of wine" that are giving you these feelings? Do you "want to be a girl" when you are sober and not crossdressing? Have you really thought it through? It's nice to fantasize, but the reality of transition is pretty serious.

I know the feeling. Especially got it when I was younger. The euphoria is fantastic and that makes wanting to be a girl all the more meaningful.Enjoy it Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Always enjoy the postings of ReineD and the concise thoughts she expresses. Experiencing a pink fog these past several weeks did much for a mood elevation. Reality check in both postings here by Reine is much appreciated, and the euphoric feeling is still enjoyed. Getting a handle on it all is what I derived from this topic.

+1. Reine is a voice of reason.

Reine, I tend to agree with your response. My fantasies get out of hand sometimes, especially with alcohol in the mix.

A little wine and soft romantic music, makes me feel all fuzzy inside also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sabrina, we don't need to drink wine to bask in femme euphoria. It truly is a wonderful feeling ; one that needs to be integral to who we are.

I can say I've not felt girly or that I am a girl. I'm not, and I do not want to be. However, on many occasions I feel feminine and I like it. It is an extension of me. It is also an escape. Sometimes all it takes is a pink tee, a skirt worthy of a twirl or two, and a pair of femme sandals and I'm good. Other times I'm slip, dress, pumps, wig, forms, makeup, lipstick, femme scent, and all out to get what I need. I'm OK with any scenario as I accept me for who I am, and I have a supportive spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Sam View Post
    Reality check in both postings here by Reine is much appreciated, and the euphoric feeling is still enjoyed.
    I don't know that it's appreciated by everyone.

Feeling euphoric is a great thing, I love it when it happens to me. It actually happened today. I was told by my boss that my work might be extended (I'm part time) AND with more money, and in an area that I Love, Love, Love to work in, much more than the work I'm doing now. Yay! I was literally jumping up and down with joy in my office after he left and I closed the door!

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaedwards View Post
    Reine, I tend to agree with your response. My fantasies get out of hand sometimes, especially with alcohol in the mix.
    Fantasies are fun! If part of the euphoria means coming in here and sharing with others how great it feels to be dressed, this is a good thing. The not so good thing is to think that this is what transsexuals who experience Gender Dysphoria feel (MtFs who know they are women in men's bodies or the reverse for FtMs), which is how I read your "gender-compromised" statement.
    Reine

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sounds like you are having fun !! Good for you !! Enjoy your girl time xoxo.....that wine may be helping...but thats not a bad thing....

Hell-o Sabrina,
    AWESOME!
    And not just because of the wine consumption.
    Every drop that is swallowed is apprwcieated!
    Enjoy your girl time all you can,
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sabrina,

IMHO, life isn't easy irrespective of gender and if you can find a moment of joy and happiness wearing an LBD, heels and make-up while sipping wine . . . that is all the really counts.

Hugs

Isha

Sabrina,
    Yes, I get that feeling too, that I want to be female, especially when I am all dolled up. But then I have been out somewhere before and have seen a beautiful woman and have fantasized being that woman and I am not even dressed at the time. And I agree that it feels so right.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Sabrina,

I know how you feel. I have felt like that for over sixty years (it is so weird to say that). I don't even need to dress to feel that way but dressing does intensify the feeling. I dress almost every day, light makeup, jeans, capris, etc. But, on the rare occasions that I dress to kill the feeling borders on out of control. When I dress to kill, with no place to go, I become like a caged animal. A glass of wine and I become dangerous.
    Just saying.

Jeri