Thread: Made it home

Made it home

To start I’m ok. Just some cuts and bruises from the air bag on my hand and arms, my ears are ringing too but still I’m ok I was returning from diva Las Vegas basically a vacation being dressed 24/7. It’s about 400 miles one way,so about thirty miles from home I hit a deer at around 1am. On a two lane highway. I was going about sixty, the deer dead, car maybe totaled. It made it home, I will have to look at it in the morning. I was dressed at the time, and as soon as I was close enough to town so my phone would work I called it in. I know it is not funny but the best week of my life just ended with a bang. The car can be replaced. As I can’t sleep now I just had to tell someone .I’ll work on a report on my week. It’s just so much to digest. A little bruised but ok Jean

The main thing is that you are OK.

That is scary. Glad you are OK. You are right cars can be replaced

Daniella Argento
    OUCH.
    Glad you are ok.
    Sorry to hear your weekend ended badly, but it could have been worse.
    Well done keeping calm in the situation.

I'm just glad that you are okay Jean. Things happen.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You poor thing. Glad you're OK. It can take a couple of days to get the full effect of something like that, so take it easy. In the meantime you can rehearse your response when the little kids all start screaming, "You killed Bambi!!!"

So glad you are ok
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Ouch indeed! Glad it wasn't worse. If you can, do get checked out, and watch out for symptoms cropping up, some damage may be disguised by adrenalin and shock. You will at least remember this week for a long time!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Glad to hear you are OK! I have hit a deer in the past and it is no fun at all. Scary as heck and happens very fast. Deer are one of the dumbest creatures in all of creation.

As others have already said, it is great that you are still OK and in one piece. A few years ago I was driving home for my morning coffee place on a beautiful, blue sky and sunny Sunday morning and hit a deer when I was going about 40 mph. Over $12,000 in repairs and 3 weeks later I got my car back. It sounds hard to believe that you could still even drive your car anywhere after that. My airbag did not go off, thankfully. But, all that flying shattered glass inside the car after impact looked like one of those fairy tale animated movies with too much pixie dust. Beautiful at the moment, yes, but what a pain to clean up!

I'm glad you are OK. The only time I hit a deer, I was fully dressed. Fortunately I was close to home and was able to drive my car there to change my clothes. I then returned to the spot to call the police for an accident report for my insurance. The deer did $8500 damage to my new car and it ran away. I didn't even get any venison. Again, glad you were not badly hurt.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Hell-o Jean,
    Glad your OK. Just when you thought all of the excitement
    of Diva's week was over, WRING!

I've had a deer run into the back wheel of my motorcycle, and another one
    slip on the pavement in front of me on the bike, and I ran over one of it's back legs.
    Both deer ran off as if they were ok. Another night I was cruising home, came over
    the crest of a hill, there was a whole frickin' heard of the damn things standing in the road.
    It was like threading a needle at 40 MPH.

Let me know how things go with your car Jean.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I'm glad you will be OK Jean, I hope the scratches and bruises heal quickly. If the ringing in your ears doesn't stop soon be sure to get it checked out.

Hugs, Bria

At least it wasn't one of those deer on the Florida Peninsula.

I think it's worth $2,000 if you roll one of them over.

Good that you are well and the airbag worked.

Oh! On the insurance report.......

What did the other party say?
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 03-30-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Glad you're OK. I had a car which my daughter borrowed and hit a deer about a mile from the house. Just a little damage. A while later I hit one several miles away on the same road. Just a little more damage. Haven't driven that road in the dark since. Deer are only a couple hundred pounds, but they're all muscle -- solid like a rock.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Glad you are OK. Any car can be replaced.
    Hugs

Thank you all for your well wishes. I just checked on a windshield it wasn't as much as I thought it would be I think I will fix it so I can drive it till I can replace it. Here is a couple of pics. Damagetocar.jpgLeftarm.jpgrightarm.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jean,

So glad to hear you are okay . . . that is the important thing.

Hugs

Isha

OUCH!!!

Likewise glad you're not too badly hurt - vehicles are secondary... (honestly, I think I might have bought secondhand cars that looked in worse condition than that when I was younger... )

And we should all spare a thought for the deerly departed, unsuspecting, jaywalking wild animal...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Jean, You are so lucky as there are some of those type of accidents that don't have happy endings.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!