Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Raid

Police Raid

Last week my house was searched by the police.

I was wondering if any of you had had the same thing happen and how the police reacted to finding your CD paraphernalia.

Before I say any more I wan't to make clear that I have done nothing wrong. It was the activities of one of my house mates that triggered the search and I can't go into more details than that as it's an ongoing investigation.

Though the whole experience was very scary and stressful, and I had to desperately change from my nightdress into t-shirt and shorts before they opened the door, I found the police to be generally quite friendly once my house mate admitted that he was the one responsible of the illicit activities.

I did get some questions from one of the officers who had a bit of trouble getting his head round my cross dressing, he remained polite and i think he was just trying understand it. One of his colleagues who was searching our computers had a little word with him.
    They also thankfully didn't say anything to my other house mates which I was grateful for as to the best of my knowledge they don't know about my crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    Ummm, me thinks it is time to move!

Nearest I got to that was being taken off the transit at gunpoint. After the initial WTF? I followed all instructions to the letter. Once we were off, and they explained that some idiot had reported me having a gun in hand, I realised that they would search me, find nothing, and let me go. So it went. The nearest they came to identifying me as a CD was running their hands around the waistband of my pants. No clues there, but they might have seen the colour...I didn't care much about that. After the initial surge of adrenalin, I was quite impressed with their professionalism. The guy who came up on me at first, had the gun pointed at the floor, but in my direction, I have a very clear image in my mind of his finger alongside, the trigger, not on it.

Glad your police force seems to have a similarly professional demeanour. Did you give the room mate a hard time about his activities?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

move, come out, help rehab the person with illicit "stuff", lots of options

in the movie "Crocodile Dundee", the lead character explains how they deal with problems - tell Walt, who then tells everyone else, then its no longer a problem.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Reality Check
    Just be glad that this wasn't one of those raids where there's a camera crew along filming for a TV show!

And yes, you need some new friends.

For starters there is nothing illegal about crossdressing. If they want to search knock themselves out.
    Now if your doing something illegal and are crossdressing the news may make it a big deal, but like my dad always told me.
    If your going to get into trouble do so on a slow news day.

Years ago my wife thought we had bed bugs. She was so convinced that she called an exterminator.
    I had just recently returned from the SCC and my bag was still packed. It was laying on the floor in the spare bedroom.
    The exterminator asked if I had recently been to any hotels, yes I just returned the other day and have not unpacked. He asked if he could examine the inside of the bag. Told him sure that would be fine, well there was a few wigs, high heels and other lady clothing. He asked is this your bag? I said yes why, he just smilled and carried on.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

I'm guessing the lesson learned here is to choose better house mates?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There could be another lesson: don't be afraid of the cops. They're interested in bad guys, not us.

the only experience i had with the law was a good one.
    he was very polite and professional.
    when he wrote down my information he never battered an eye.
    did i mention very cute too?? was kinda hoping to hear back from
    him for further investigation...
    paula

Going to pile on and suggest a search for new roommates, or places to live...for lots of reasons.

I must agree with many other comments. It is time to move on. Don't ever be ashamed of being a cross dresser. You are not doing anything wrong.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyRay View Post
    ..I did get some questions from one of the officers who had a bit of trouble getting his head round my cross dressing, he remained polite and i think he was just trying understand it. One of his colleagues who was searching our computers had a little word with him...
    What did he ask? "Where do you get your dresses?" or "Is it easy to get shoes and sandals in larger sizes?"
    Maybe his colleague answered those questions?

I believe crossdressing is illegal, only if you are stood in front of a cashier at the bank with a gun in your hand, whilst demanding money,...or something like that.

Oh, forgot to say...think about finding a different place to live.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I'm glad you came through unscathed. Police officers in general have a bad reputation lately because of the few who have behaved in ways that are aggressive (to put it mildly) and also for racial profiling, but I think that most of them are trained to treat people with respect, especially if they don't feel threatened.

My SO's house was broken into some years ago. They didn't find any electronics (we both had our laptops with us), but they ransacked the house turning everything upside down looking for some, I assume. They did take some ID (passport, etc), but weirdest of all, they grabbed a handful of my SO's jewelry (most of it was inexpensive) and they went to an upstairs bedroom that is used as a closet, and stole a pair of breastforms.

So the police came over and asked who lived there. My SO. We were not living together at the time. Then they looked at one of the rooms that my SO uses as a dressing room (makeup table, plastic bins filled with lingerie, jewelry, shoes, some clothing, etc), plus they saw the other two rooms full of women's clothes. I was there and so one of them looked at me and said, "Is this all your stuff?" I just nodded yes. lol

As the police were investigating, my SO was also going through the ransacked house to see what was missing and then he came downstairs exclaiming, "You'll never guess what they took ... my breast forms!" When the police looked at him quizzically, he explained he had used them once for Halloween. lol
    Reine

The only time I have ever had the police in my home since I started doing any sort of crossdressing was, sadly, when my wife died. At that time, I was only underdressing by wearing panties instead of male underwear. The police were much more focused on helping me through the crisis and ensuring it was a natural cause of death, and there was really nothing for them to 'see', and no reason for them to search anything. I was wearing panties under my jeans the whole time, but they had no reason to suspect that, or to look in my dresser and see that there were panties in the same drawer with what was obviously my socks - but no male underwear.

If I were you, I think I would find a better batch of roommates. Just saying...

I did do one thing recently that might prove helpful if I ever do have to interact with the police while en-femme - for a traffic stop, or whatever. I made up some business cards that identify me by my female name, and which have a photo of my female form as well as my vixen fursuit form, and that identify me as a "costumed entertainer and magician" (which is quite true, though I have yet to do a magic show as Ceera). The phone number on them is a Google Voice number which relays to my cell phone. I now keep a couple of those cards in my wallet, right under my driver's license. So if I am stopped en-femme and have to hand over my male license, I would also easily be able to also offer them one of those cards, by way of explanation. And if they cross-check that female name against the records in my home county, they will see it is a legally registered 'assumed business name' for me, that I've had on file for years. (Ceera is also a name I've used on-line for business purposes, doing development work for on-line virtual worlds like Second Life, before I ever started cross dressing.)

I made the cards primarily as a way for Ceera to safely give someone 'her phone number', without exposing my real identity. But reading some of the stories in this thread, they may come in handy for other reasons too, if 'caught' and needing an explanation of my being dressed as a girl.
    Last edited by Ceera; 04-01-2015 at 01:14 PM.

I was briefly questioned by police as to what I was doing in a parking lot late at night (trying to take a selfie on the Vespa under the light, actually) - this was only the second time I had ever been out. I was thankful that one was a lady cop and they soon departed after realising what I was up to (after wishing me a good night)!

If it ain't illegal they don't care. They apparently got what they wanted so they will likely leave you alone. As far as the roommate goes, if this happened to me either the roommate or I would be vacating immediately, depending on who owned the residence.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    like i said in a previous post,me and my wife got pulled over by a county deputy,he freaked out that what he thought was two women were actually husband and wife..sat there 30 mins while he was having a you wont believe this moment.

Flip me. If there had been a camera crew on the raid that would have made what was already a surreal day even madder.

Whilst I knew I hadn't done anything wrong there was still the nagging doubt in my mind that I might have done something accidentally or that one of our neighbours had seen my airsoft guns through the window and reported me, so that was more fun explaining that I had replica weapons that I had a right to own as I skirmish with them. (Realistic replica weapons are banned for purchase or sale in the UK unless you belong to certain groups which fortunately includes airsofters)

I think the officer was having a milder form of the you wont believe this moment that Cheryl's deputy had.
    He was ex army and I think quite regimented in his thinking in some ways as I overheard another conversation he had with the other officers most of whom were saying how tidy our house was at which he expressed his surprise (we had a couple of unwashed dishes in the kitchen and one of my other house mates boxers were in the bathroom as he was having a shower when they came in).

The flatmate involved is currently still living in the house but was moving out in a couple of months anyway.
    We (me and the other two house mates) haven't feel it necessary to give him too much of a rough ride as there is a significant amount of stuff going on in the background, as with most of these cases, that lead to him being involved in what he was doing and he is trying to make amends.
    In addition to all the legal stuff such as being on bail and awaiting trial he's also lost his job over this as well as having a lot of his stuff seized as evidence.

I think those cards are a really good idea.
    Whilst I haven't yet had the courage to CD in public if I did I could see how having a card like that could be just what's needed in certain situations.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 04-01-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Merged- please use the edit button

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    He would be an ex house mate pronto.
    Pronto in like pack your stuff and go now.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-01-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Platinum Member
    Mmmmm, yeah, time for a change of scenery. I had a scary incident a little over a year ago involving a local constable. Apparently some neighbors at the RV park had complained about a cross dresser walking around the park in the evenings. All true...I customarily took a walk through the park near sunset each day just to get out and see people. No one seemed to take exception, but evidently one person did. One night as I strolled along the patrol car pulled up beside me and started asking questions. He was terse at first, but gradually came to understand that none of the horrific stereotypes applied...I was simply a transgendered profession person living her life with no intent to harm anyone. He said not. Worry about any future complaints, should the arise. Since then it's been fine.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Some landlords have a clause in their standard lease that gives them the right to evict, without recourse, anyone involved in criminal activity. This may apply to sublets as well.

Regardless, involvement with the police for the wrong reasons would give me cause to part company with this individual. I don't need or want that kind of excitement.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Having been on the other side as it were, ie the ones searching the house with warrant in hand, you'd be surprised what is found. Providing it's not illegal, it will be ignored. Oh the stories I could tell....
    Call me Donna, please

Platinum Member
    Hi Bobby Ray, That's enough to make soil your pretty silk panties.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I'm glad you came through unscathed. Police officers in general have a bad reputation <snip> I think that most of them are trained to treat people with respect
    I go back to the era when there wasn't much training, when they hired new cops who then worked side by side with a seasoned veteran cop to learn the ropes. And in the forty some years of working in a job where I interact with the police daily, I've only come across one guy who was a real prick, and another who was socially very nice but turned out to be a wife beater in private. Out of thousands of cops. The vast majority are nice people. They spend a whole lot of their time helping people. They don't like giving out traffic tickets any more than you do getting them, in fact, even worse, because it's often such a waste of their time. If you need help, ask a cop; on duty, or off, they're likely to help you. And on behalf of all the cops who I call friends, what I ask is please, please just don't break the laws in front of them (not to mention, it's just plain stupid to do so). You don't want to be arrested, and they don't want to arrest you.

And oh my god, Ceera, your expression in your avatar makes me think of Murray the cop on the old odd couple tv show, or maybe Al Lewis on car 54.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

You sound like you're from England, what's the problem? Half the male population in the U.K. are wife swappers or crossdressers. If it was Birmingham Alabama they would have drug you outside and beat you into a coma, then when/if you awoke, you then would've been charged with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. Most likely a few others too. I almost had a murder hung on me because I am a known crossdresser. Luckily you need things like evidence, motive and even being at the location of the crime. It's ok though , I never wife swapped because I never had a BMW 5 series😄