Thread: Better Days ahead??

Better Days ahead??

So, some good news today. Mr family Dr, whom I have known for 30 years, has had a change of heart and is not going to retire early. (he is my age). Therefore, today when I was chatting with him, he enthusiastically agreed to do all my monitoring and follow up for HRT. This is huge, because the alternative was a 2 hour drive away, with someone that doesn't know me from Eve. So this is a huge stressor that has been relieved ! So I am doing my happy dance right now.

Also, late yesterday, I received a response from my email to the local TG support group, finally. They don't monitor their web mail that well, so took a while to respond. I had just about given up. Anywho, the note said that one of the support group coordinators would be in touch with me today or tomorrow to welcome me to the group. She is MTF who transitioned at my age, so they thought that would be an appropriate contact. They only meet once a month, but are available at other times should someone need it. So, I am curious to see that they are all about.

So good news at time when I needed some. Funny how that works out!?
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Whoopie! That's great news Erin.

Turn the music up a bit more and I can do the happy dance with you.

We don't often appreciate those blessings that arrive when they are not needed. We have to already be in a dark place to really be thankful for the light.

I'm thankful that your life is doing so well.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Banned Read only
    Good News! I hope all goes well from here on out.

Ups and downs can be really amplified when you go through all this.

I'm super happy for the ups you are experiencing and seeing how no matter what negatives are happening there is always more ups and downs and serendipity can be right around the corner

Great news times two, double hugs.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Erin; that's such good news and a big relief of stress in moving the ball forward in a way that feels most comfortable. I'm sooooooo happy to hear this news. So sprinkles of rain and a bit of sunshine brings forth the garden of goodness down the road.

Always here for you.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Sometimes when we think it could not get any worse, it doesn't.

I seemed to appreciate the good news more when I was going through this. Rock on Erin.

Smiling with you
    Rachel
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Platinum Member
    Wonderful news, Erin. I'm glad he is going to remain available to you!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I love working with a trusted doctor rather than a stranger -- it's such a different feeling. Congratulations to you on this excellent news!

Karen

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wonderful news!

Having a trusting relationship with your Dr is especially important when you are Trans.

Good luck with the support group.

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    It's amazing what difference to your day some good news can make. As much as you have to harden yourself sometimes to being open with new clinicians , the trust and rapport you build up over time with your own GP is something I certainly treasure. although it doesn't bother me seeing new doctors when required, things are always so much easier when you know that you don't have to go through your history each time you do see someone new, it just gets so draining sometimes. Good luck at your new support group too, hopefully you'll meet some kindred spirits to share your experiences with x
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page