Thread: A big step forward today, or nail varnish in the gym

GG, SO to Pamela7

A big step forward today, or nail varnish in the gym

Today, I have made a large step forward in being comfortable with Pamela being dressed as he wants wherever he wants.

Recently, Pamela has been experimenting with wearing nail varnish, and really likes it. Following on from that, Pamela now wants to wear nail varnish everywhere, but I have drawn the line at the gym because I have been very worried about how the people there would take it. Would they laugh? Would they stop talking to us? Would they be rude?

We go to the local gym together, and have been turning up together for long enough that all the staff and quite a few of the gym members know that we are a couple. He has worn nail varnish there before, but it was a very pale pink and not really visible unless you were looking hard. That was ok, and the receptionist was so distracted that she didn't even notice when we handed over our membership cards.

This morning Pamela was wearing some really bright, hot pink nail varnish. Given that taking it off wasn't an option, we just had to go with it. The receptionist didn't bat an eyelid, but she did give Pamela an extra large smile.

When I got round to the same area of the gym as Pamela, he was doing dips while I was on the rowing machine. A couple came in, and got on to the bikes nearby. I was watching them in the mirrors, and very quickly the lady noticed the nails. She looked, and looked away, then looked again. She couldn't stop bringing her gaze back to Pamela's nails, no matter what else was going on around her.

Soon enough, Pamela moved on from that area to do some floor exercises, and this couple (not realising that we were together or that I could see them) had a good giggle behind his back. They didn't know him, he didn't know them, and I realised suddenly that it really didn't matter. He'd probably given them something to talk about for five minutes, and then it would have been forgotten.

After that, a very wicked little thought popped into my head. I wondered what it would be like to just go up to them and ask them if they had any problem with my husband wearing nail varnish. I wondered then if I should just go on to explain to them that actually I liked him wearing it because it satisfied my bi side...! THEN they would have something to talk about! (Actually, I don't have a bi side, but that is completely beside the point).

I have a thread on this site to be very grateful for in helping me with this, too, which was the one about shaving legs. For me, it summed up to this:

"Do you shave your legs?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Because I like it"

End of story.

Platinum Member
    Cute story. I suppose you might have kindled further conversation by offering up that extra tidbit, but it's probably better off leaving them with a mystery.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cool. I think it's important to have these stories documenting the crossdressing-does-not-end-the-world experiences.

yes!, and today we're now heading off to buy some new bright dark red nail polish, cos we both really like that colour - for both of us. We have matching tunics, fun times!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I'm not into painting my nails (yet) so don't have anything to contribute...though that doesn't usually stop me.

However I note this is the first post you've made where you refer to Pamela exclusively as him. Is there a reason for that?

xN
    I used to have a short attention spa

I like your story because you are sticking it right up the bigots that are around.

Keep up the good work it is something I do at any opportunity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

GG, SO to Pamela7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    I note this is the first post you've made where you refer to Pamela exclusively as him. Is there a reason for that?

xN
    Pamela's choice and request
    xxx

I'm a human being in a male body, expressing the feminine suppressed for over 50 years. In time this will rebalance - maybe - and meanwhile, "he/him" are the correct pronouns when she refers to me. I've found my style that is comfortable for me, subtle, not overtly fem, except for times of pink pinknessity. "Man dressing as he likes/wants, primarily clothing assigned by vanillas as feminine, so what, no big deal??"

xxx
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    I just had to say it's a really refreshing outlook you both seem to have on the situation. To not be fazed by a situation like you describe in the gym and to be able to realise how little impact such things can truly have on your lives is as you say a very big step forward, kudos to you both. I love that wicked sense of humour too, I have been so tempted myself at times to turn the tables on those who have a passing giggle at my expense
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Good for you Pamela and Welshgirl!
    I love it.

Banned Read only
    Welshgirl,
    Thanks for giving us a different slant on being accepted, maybe you should have approached the couple ! It would have been really funny if the lady answered that her husband didn't like wearing that shade ! Lets face it Pamela won't be the the only CDer at the gym !

As far as shaving legs and other parts my wife just gave me an odd look and asked if my problem was getting any worse !
    I answered that I preferred it but the conversation could have become more complicated if she persisted on asking why ?
    They look better in stockings ! Oh you're wearing stockings, so where did you get them ? Don't tell me you went into a shop and bought them ?..............Possible melt down in sight !!!

Shaving armpits is an easy win tho - clothes last for days as opposed to one day before they need washing. Without the hairs spreading male musk scent everywhere the clothes remain unsmelly. Our washing load has gone down hugely.

If there are practical reasons (excuses/justifications) for shaving legs (e.g. "want to beat my swimming times"), you're on firmer ground?

As welshgirl likes the rug that's a no-no, meaning tops up to the neck for me. I'm lucky my leg and arm hair is quite fine and so i don't need or want to shave those. I disklike shaving my chin/neck, but have to, that's my only shaving conflict Teresa.

Maybe it also helps that only a couple of guys are pulling bigger weights? They're in my sights!
    Last edited by pamela7; 04-03-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Welshgirl,

Although I don't mix my boy and girl sides when dressed, when I go out, I get plenty of giggles and stares from many. Now, I don't hold any malice towards these people unless they are utterly rude about it (like pointing and making a loud fuss). I sometimes find that giggles are just a knee jerk reaction on dealing with a situation where you are not really sure how to do deal. I think you handled it well

Hugs

Isha

You guys are just awesome!
    It just goes to show that most of the problems with the whole dressing thing are some we create for ourselves. If we dont make a problem of it, nobody else really cares.

It does of course require that one is OK with others having a laugh behind ones back! Personally, I struggle with that to be honest, but I realize that is primarily my own problem.

Hugs
    Suzie

So last night I came out to my best mate - he was the best man at our wedding, we go back over 30 years now. He was fine with it, we had a laugh.

All three of us went out to the pub, me dressed ("man in a dress" mode), no-one took a blind bit of notice in 5-hours of drinking, and neither did the folk of the Indian restaurant seem to notice nor care about it.

It was also my first time walking home drunk in fem-boots! :-))) So, back to the gym to work off last night's calorific damage!

xxx Pamela

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    You guys are just awesome!
    Susie is right. Now I want a gym membership! Teeheehee...

I usually run on our treadmill or do workout videos with Purple Puppy in full fem attire. I love my nails done but I'm not sure how our deep rooted blue collar, sleepy bedroom town would take it. I hear those snicker and stares when I wear my Tinkerbell teal hoody in male mode.

Hugs to you both!
    -E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E