Thread: HRT script!

HRT script!

Today was the day! I saw my doctor at the women's clinic at UCSF. Dr. Deustch prescribed my estrogen patches and spiro today. They will come in the mail in the next week or so. I will begin taking them after I run the Boston Marathon on 4-20. I felt somehow different when I walked out of the office onto the street in San Francisco at noon. I was glowing inside. Then I met my wife for lunch. She couldn't hide her sadness and it was a bittersweet meeting. I know she is grieving and I want to give her space to do that. I hate that my joy is causing her pain. It can't be helped. Anyway I am so grateful for my friends and family that are with me including my wife. It was a historic day for me!
    Suzanne

Congratulations on another milestone in your life, one of more to come. It is interesting how we all change over time as life's experiences, both good and bad, help shape us for the future. We mature into our natural roles, some easily and others not so easily. Some of those roles may have never even entered out minds when younger. Hugs to both of you.

Congratulations Suzanne! I've been on HRT for 10 days now and other than some calmness in my attitude, no physical changes. But I am on a low dose regimen. I hope you find peace with your wife and in your life as well. And good luck in Boston. Have you entered as a female?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Gold Member
    You must be having quite mixed feelings. Euphoria and sadness. I am sorry at a wonderful time for you, that you just can't live in the happiness. And I am happy for you that you can move forward on the path you need.

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Because I know exactly how you feel with the bitter sweet moment this must be for you please let me share your excitement Suzanne. I'm in much the same position with my partner. Logically she knows each step for me is one that makes me a happier and more complete person and she wants that for me and can share my joy in time, but right at the moment when another step is taken , her heart sinks as the person she once married moves further away from her. It's hard to know how to react then, all I want to do is scream in happiness but its tempered by her sadness at that moment. It never lasts long and I totally understand her reason for it but right at that moment I just want to walk on air. I'm feeling that for you now , it's a special time for you enjoy it anyway you can x
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Suzanne, I am so happy that your day has finally arrived, but heartbroken that your spouse is taking it so hard. Talk about a true bittersweet moment. But I am glad you are taking care of yourself this way. I wish you the best in the path you follow.

I jsut reread your post -- you are actually going to have the meds in your home and you are going to wait until after April 20 to start? WOW, sister. You have self-discipline. Then again, you don't run competitive marathons for just something to do, so you clearly do have that discipline. Good for you, girl! I wish you much success all around! Let us know how you do.

Karen