Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About High School

About High School

Does anyone else wonder if any of there classmates are also transgender? I often wonder because my high school class has 400 that graduated. There's a possibility that I could have one or more classmates that are transgender. At my 20th reunion I would like to be the real me. That would be 8 years from now. To just go for it and be en femme at my reunion. Also who knows I might have another classmate that comes up to me at the reunion and says I too am also transgender.

I know one of the people I graduated with came out as mtf transgender. Ive been super close with angel since then. She's helped me out tremendously. I'd love to go to my high school reunion with her. I wish I would have been closer in high school with her. She's such an inspiration to me.

Who knows? A lot can happen in 8 years my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I went to my forty year Reunion and a good forty or more had already passed from this world. Make one think on how fragile life is. I did not see any crosdresser's there, however, eight years is enough time to check it out and think it over.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    I went to a class reunion about 15 years ago, and while talking to an old friend (who had a gay brother) I came out to him. I asked him about it, and to the best of his knowledge there was no other of our classmates who had any kind of gender issues, and according to the names list of everyone who I went to school with, none have changed their gender marker or their name.

Interestingly, I asked him if anyone suspected about me... he said no, there has never been any rumors about me and he himself had NO idea I was a TV until I mentioned it. Go figure!

Platinum Member
    Oh you are such a child...I can barely remember my 20th.... But no, there weren't even 10% of your numbers in my class. I strongly suspect I'm the only one. I do wish I could go back...I'm sure the rumors once were circulating, but it's been a long time and I doubt anyone much cares one way or the other by now.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just wrote about it here

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...one&highlight=

but one of the girls I met at Keystone graduated in my HS class of '71. And to make a long story short, we were on the track team together and in home room together

I also asked about whether or not I should go to my 40th college reunion in two months here

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...mme&highlight=

Everyone said that unless I was transitioning, that I shouldn't
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 04-20-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

It depends on how wide your present circle of friends are and how comfortable you are at handling the coming out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The most recent credible number I've seen for Transgender adults in the general population is 0.3% (Williams Institute.) So, for your class of 400 the expectation is 1.2 -- you're the "1," so since people exist in whole numbers I'd read the ".2" as a small expectation that there's another transgender person in your class. And if there is one that person may not be an M2F crossdresser but could be a transsexual or an F2M crossdresser. Of course, that's statistics and not life. Maybe there's a dozen in your class -- nothing prevents it.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I can vividly remember a guy who DID crossdress at school.....he also played guitar...we were in music classes together....8 years huh?? better start dress shopping LOL...XOXO

Quote Originally Posted by Julie 29 View Post
    There's a possibility that I could have one or more classmates that are transgender.
    Of course there could. But just like in real life, just because they're also transgender doesn't mean that they're just dying to come out. Many of us are deep in the closet. I see transgender folks from time to time, but that in no way makes me want to out myself to them or anyone else. So I'm certainly not going to run up to someone I haven't seen in 40 years, hop up and down while squeeling, 'Oh great! You're transgender! Me too! Eeeeeeeeee!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    I can remember a guy who DID crossdress at school.
    Of course, for those who grew up during the war in Viet Nam, we also have to remember that there might have been guys like Klinger in the show Mash, who may have crossdressed to avoid the draft and stay out of the army. I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't see any heroes parades, however I did know of several older brothers of kids that I knew who came back in boxes. And I'm sure for those closer to them, it could easily have been a trigger to do anything to avoid the draft, including crossdressing.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-08-2015 at 02:27 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I went to a very small, rural high school. Our entire student body was smaller, by far, than your graduating class! Lol
    ...That being said, I am reasonably sure that out of the 40 or so students in my class (I still have occasional contact with most of them), I'm the only one anywhere on the TG spectrum, though we did have a few people who were openly gay or lesbian, so who knows?

My class was about 500 people and there were a decent amount of openly gay/lesbian students. So a transgendered person could be possible.

I have often wondered that but it is hard to find that stat without outing yourself or your reason to research.
    Think our class was about 370 people so one would think there would be x percent of gay, x percent of transgender etc just like in general popoulation.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Since we had over 1,000 in my class I would guess I am not alone.

Banned Read only
    Of the 6 in my graduating class, I was the only transgendered person. Lucky me!

Reality Check
    Back when I graduated, nobody would have dared to come out as transgendered or even "gay". I don't think the term "transgendered" had been invented then and "gay" had an entirely different meaning.

Lol we just held our class of 69 and the 45th reunion. Ummmm not even many left alive. Two pages of folks that have died and I'd say that we had a few that might have been gay or transgendered but --- Viet Nam, drugs, two murders, one we know commented suicide, several in traffic deaths, many cancer deaths, and a large number of heart attacks there are not many of us left. We had 243 in the class and I remember every one of us were close in small town school pride. We have about fortyfive left and will meet again in three years. I'd say there were maybe a couple that might have been on the gay- ish looking side but would be hard to tell how many CDs. I do know of one CD though..... As I write this wearing my panties, heels, bra and forms under my work jeans and tee shirt. Lol

Platinum Member
    There were in excess of 750 boys in my senior class. I I would guess there had to be some cross dressers, although in the 1960's nobody would get on the rooftops and scream it out. Statistically, there are probably some gay men who have come out. If you're 20th reunion is in eight years that means you're 12 years out of high school. Early 30's? If you go en femme and out yourself and it does not go well, what will you do for the rest of your years on earth? You're going to be the talk of all future reunions. "What will Julie be wearing this year?" "Is Julie....???"

As I always say "Risk vs Reward"

There are always consequences.

I am not 100 % sure, but I feel sure a guy in my class and neighborhood was a crossdresser too. In those days one kept things like that a secret, but we were playing with boys in our neighborhood one day and he tore the seat of his pants. I pointed it out that his pants were torn and that it exposed a pair of white nylon panties. He explained they belonged to his Mom, because he did not have any clean underwear.

I have been in his home as a young boy and I always noted in my mind how neat his Mom was as a housekeeper. She always had cloths washed and folded on the washer, so I doubt his story until this day.

In my growing up years boys would have worn dirty or no underwear, before they would wear items belonging to a girl. He died a number of years ago, but with what I know now, I would have let him know I like to wear panties also, had he lived.

I know one of my school colleagues is trangendered and it was not a large school.

I have not met them recently but they have appeared on television.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

There probably is/was, but if so, they've either transitioned and not come to the reunions, or are CDers like myself, and don't CD at the reunions, if they come. We've had a good number pass on, and out of 365 students, have an average of 25 to 30 show at the reunions.
    DonnaT

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The idea of attending a class reunion makes me think of moving among ghosts...like a grainy black & white movie...how could it be anything but boring and disappointing? I left school with a deep sigh of relief and I never want to go back there.

Cheerily yours,

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

I'm sure that there are alot more then you think Julie. And until this world is not so hateful, which probably won't be in our lifetime, nobody will come out.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

My high school days weren't happy ones so I don't attend reunions. What am I going to say? "Gee, Bill, we really had great times with you kicking me whenever the teachers were looking the other way." Not likely!

That said, statistically there were probably a few of us in the class, though most of them (myself included) didn't have the background knowledge in the '70s to understand what being transgendered meant. Like me, they were probably severely punished by their peers for having the slightest interest in girls for any reason other than sex. Also like me, they probably got into the habit of filing those feelings into the deepest recess of their minds for decades thereafter.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]