Thread: Going out - boy hair

Going out - boy hair

Morning girls! I'm in desperate need for some advice. I have the opertuninty to go out (first time) to a local transgender club (the way out club - London) on Saturday. I think I'm totally ready and good to go! I need a bag but that's a good excuse to go shopping!

Anyway my dilemma... I have 4 wigs, none of which I like, as you may have seen I posted a photo of me made up but my boy hair styled to look a bit fem (some would call it a lesbian look). Like this I'm not fooling anyone! But I feel pretty confident like that and I don't see it as being an issue, the wigs hover look more fem but I don't think I look right and I wouldn't be as confident but wouldn't stand out so much. Is it a problem if I go out made up but rocking my boy hair? Will people stare at me? All I want to do is fit in and have a good time...

I did say I liked your hair on that photo, a fem rock chic look, that I remember from the 80's music scene - the 80's rock BTW not like this new rubbish
    People always stare, or look away, just smile politely and "own it"
    Have fun
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

your hair looks great, why not go for it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I like the hair but scared people will think I haven't put in the effort!

Platinum Member
    Hi Alex, I would think that you would be accepted at a TG club.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    It's up to you. I haven't seen the wigs or the "boy hair" so I can't choose for you. Me, I would wear a wig as opposed to my natural hair.

SweetAlex,

I think I am in the wig camp. I loved your daytime look photo. You are adorable and clearly have some good skills with makeup. That being said the very first thought that came into my mind was I would love to see that face framed with a nice wig. If all of your wigs are awful then go with the boy hair but if you have even one that you like somewhat I think you will be more comfortable in that setting. Either way enjoy and have fun. It is great to go out with other girls.

Tiffany

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Instead of shopping for a handbag, why not look at wigs?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetalex View Post
    ... Is it a problem if I go out made up but rocking my boy hair? Will people stare at me? ...
    No it's not and yes they will. On the way to the club you will be noticed. At the club, given the "trans" nature you mention, less so. By the way, if you wear a wig you will also be noticed. A wig can't disguise the million other little cues that separate mean and women. So, wear your hair you feel most comfortable. Have fun

If you like your boy hair, that's the right thing to wear. You won't be the only one at the club rocking that look, I'm certain. It's a very attractive look. And, as someone a bit older -- let me say you should take the opportunity while you can. Someday your hair will have receded and you'll have a bald spot and that option will basically be off the table. Get pictures. You'll thank yourself later...

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetalex View Post
    Will people stare at me? All I want to do is fit in and have a good time...
    Most likely people will stare regardless. I'm not trying to be offensive, just honest. People stare at me, and I stare at them. There is something about humans that we like to use our eyes and look at things, especially people. Wearing a wig will not make it so that people won't look at you.

TG friendly club - probably doesn't matter.

I can say that a lot of women admire androgynous and you might go for that. Wearing some killer jeans, pumps and a pretty top and they won't leave you alone!

With hair like that I would go to a hair dresser and get it styled for the night. They can do some wonderful things to make it look right.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    With hair like that I would go to a hair dresser and get it styled for the night. They can do some wonderful things to make it look right.
    I agree with Glenda, go to a hair solon and get it styled or a blowout for the night. The relax and have fun

Richelle

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    if that is your "boy hair" in the picture, then yes people will be looking at you, but in a very good way. dress so you are comfortable and forget the rest of the crowd, they all wanna be you any ways.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I've not been there yet but looking to do one night soon with one of my sons. I know some of my group have been there and recommend that you approach Vicky Lee on the door if you are nervous. She runs the place.

Being called the Way Out Club, in the nicest way, I don't think you will feel out of place.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 04-11-2015 at 04:11 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

You have plenty of hair.
    If you are unsure about styling your own hair go to a salon. They can do magic and most are willing to teach you how to do it.
    My hair is fem 24/7.

Good luck.
    Karen

The first few times I went to a TG club, I did with boy hair styled a little femme. It was OK, but once I bought a good wig and saw myself in the mirror - it made such a difference to how I looked and felt. That's my experience - but go with what YOU feel most comfortable in. It will be a rush either way, so have fun!

Thanks for the advice everyone. Pretty much what I expected. I know it won't be complete with out some cool hair but im really desperate to go out and be me(even if I'll be a nervous reck haha).

Reality Check
    It's still not clear to me if that's your "boy hair" in your avatar photo or if it's a wig. If that's your "boy hair", it looks fine. If it's a wig, well it's still fine. For me, when I put on the wig (different color than my natural hair and much longer with bangs), that's what completes the changeover from male to female.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    It's still not clear to me if that's your "boy hair" in your avatar photo or if it's a wig.
    In the OP there's a link to her blog where there's a photo without the wig.

Having seen the photo, I think you'll have a wonderful time (tonight? With the time difference, you're probably getting dressed now.) You're young, incredibly cute and headed toward a great time. It'll be fine. And there will be other times for other looks. Tell us all about it afterward.

I think you could wear boy hair to the way out club, I was there three years ago and it appeared most anything goes.

Yes it is an interesting place.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Alex, while your natural hair is still boyish it reminds me a great deal of P!nk so you could try going for that angle? otherwise id say the wig in your picture is quite nice
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Silver Member
    If your boy hair is what you are showing in your picture here, I can't see why it could not be used en femme. You could go to a hairdresser and see if you can get a more androgynous hairstyle.

One thing to keep in mind, and I have faced this when I have considered using my own hair, is that without a wig there is no "disguise" and people you know might see you dressed, and will recognize you as your male self in a dress etc. If you are ok with that it is fine, just be aware you might be more easily recognized without a wig changing your appearance.