Thread: Nail varnish for nine toes

Nail varnish for nine toes

Thought that thread title might throw you lol.

Ok I have painted finger nails all 10 nails but when it comes to my feet I would love to paint them but I'm missing my big toe nail because I had a nail bed operation and they removed it and sadly cut me about a bit, I painted all my nails one foot looks fab but only have 4 nails on the other foot looks odd.... so hmmm how can I go about making it look like I have a nail on my big the toe I really want to wear flip flops and wedge shoes this summer with painted nails but I cant with out it looks weird

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    I can totally understand why you'd feel self conscious of this and it is so easy for me to say when I don't have to experience it myself but personally I'd say just wear whatever colour you would wear if you had all ten on show. Like most things we have to deal with as T* , the more we try and hide or disguise things, the more obvious we make them. Just hold your head high and wear that bright varnish with confidence and you'll look just fabulous
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Hell-o Jesse

I've seen acrylic toenails, sold right alongside all the fake fingernails, at Target.
    I imagine other places carry them as well.
    With a bit of trial and error, you'll find a way to adhere one in place, and be wearing some peeptoes in no time.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Really luv the way you think Krystyn! LMAO! Go Gurl!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Of all people, the nail technician who does my monthly pedicures is missing the thumbnail on her right hand due to an old injury. She regularly wears acrylic nails and colored polish on the other nine fingers, but leaves that thumb undecorated.

The thing is, I had known her for probably five years already when I first noticed this and mentioned it to her. I'm pretty fixated on nails, both my own and other people's, and it surprised me no end that I had never fully processed what I had been seeing all along.

It may seem like a big deal to you (and it would to me, too), but it's likely that only a very few people will notice an unpainted toenail in a casual contact, almost none will mention it, and those few who do will be fully satisfied when you tell them you lost the nail due to a medical procedure.

- Diane

A few years ago, i had this same issue, but with the pinkie on my right hand. I had an accident and nearly lost the tip of the finger. Luckily i managed to get it to heal well but lost the nail completely apart from a tiny little bit that i hoped would regrow. I basically used a false plastic nail and used superglue to fix it on. then i used my wifes acrylic nail kit and built it up to look real. Obviously i had to replace it once every few weeks, but it got me well practiced in doing acrylic nails, lol. While surfing for some new nail tips, i found some stick on toe nails so there may be a way for you to work this out.

It took a couple of years doing this and now having let the natural nail grow out, i can proudly paint all my own nails again.

Hope this helps.

a bandaide should do the trick...
    paula

Thanks for the reply's guys , I will try the fake nail option as I've painted my nails bright neon pink so they really stand out and the one that's missing is really apparent so see how it goes.

I have no nails on my big toes, I had them removed because they were always ingrown and painful, I just paint them where the nail used to be and it looks okay, better than nothing. The polish wears off in about a week, so I have to redo them. Hope this helps.

Heather

I am sure there is a false nail solution out there for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I'm missing part of one of my toes, so I just paint nine.
    Dana Ryan

Reality Check
    My wife had to have a toenail removed. It's not as uncommon as you might think. The people at her salon paint one on but it only lasts a few days. Then she doesn't bother with it until the next visit.

It would be rude for someone to ask about it.

Wish I had nine toes instead of 9 2/3 fingers. If I paint my fingernails I just don't bother with my thumb. Accidently chopped it off just below the nail at work about 20 years ago. Guess that's why they tell you to keep your hands out of the machines!